What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD from Leaves vs. CBD from Buds

St. Phatty

I was thinking about buying CBD from the local health food store.

Then I realized I have CBD in my own plants.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cbd+in+cannabis+leaves

Tried that search.

What I'm wondering is - what's the difference between making cookies or butter with leaves from my own plant, to create workable doses of CBD, vs. buying it from the store ?

Also tried these searches ~

Google site search

site:icmag.com CBD from leaves

and found one thread -

'cooking whole plant?'
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=284922

To "get the CBD", has anybody tried sauteeing the leaves ?

Like sauteeing garlic and basil in butter, except leaving it cooking long enough to get the CBD "activated" ?

The highs from buds are different, from bud to bud.

Different buds, different Buzzes :woohoo:

So you have to experiment, to see which one you like.

Is CBD the same way, or is it CBD - CBD - CBD - CBD, a common ingredient ?

Like eating the stem or something. You eat any cannabis stem, it's going to be chewy. Not much difference between cannabis stems - they are all very chewy.

Is it sort of the same way with CBD - not as much variation as with buds & THC ?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
For what its worth... I vape/smoke my CBD strains (AAMOF all my strains) Previously vaped bud turn into edibles.

Miasa Mura

I would be weary of CBD in the open market since it is unregulated and most products claiming to have CBD, either contain way less than than advertised or none at all.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/cbd-oil-test-results

If you have access to a medical cannabis dispensary, I would trust the CBD from there over CBD from a health food store.

Goat Cheese is right, most THC varieties do not contain detectable amounts of CBD but there are lots of great CBD strains out there. Lots of people use the leaves in juicing and to add to soups. Though the leaves may undetectable amounts of CBD, there are other cannabinoids and flavonoids in the leaves that are not found in the flowers.

Best of luck!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Switcher, did I read that right in that you are vaping the CBD rich buds, and making butter with the AVB? I would do exactly that, like I am doing with the pot flowers. I would also try mixing the hemp and pot ABV.

I so want to do this. Who wants to sell me 4 ea 1/4 p's of different good hemp strains, and mail them here? I think that is legal now. if not, disregard cause I don't wanna get cancelled, like so many are these days.

My fears of "hemp" is it being grown on old farms with so many pollutants in the soil, vacuuming them all up into the trics.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Switcher, did I read that right in that you are vaping the CBD rich buds, and making butter with the AVB? I would do exactly that, like I am doing with the pot flowers. I would also try mixing the hemp and pot ABV.

I so want to do this. Who wants to sell me 4 ea 1/4 p's of different good hemp strains, and mail them here? I think that is legal now. if not, disregard cause I don't wanna get cancelled, like so many are these days.

My fears of "hemp" is it being grown on old farms with so many pollutants in the soil, vacuuming them all up into the trics.
I don't do Hemp. I use many CBD strains. e.g Har, AC/DC, Dt, down the road Harle Tsu and Ringo's gifts will be added to the pharmacy. I have used Cw but will no longer use it once the strain runs out. It aggravates the living shit out of me.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Bro sautee the leaves ... my uncle just did it recently with outdoor plants....just leaves in a Persian Omelet... he got blasted!

Miasa Mura

I don't do Hemp. I use many CBD strains. e.g Har, AC/DC, Dt, down the road Harle Tsu and Ringo's gifts will be added to the pharmacy. I have used Cw but will no longer use it once the strain runs out. It aggravates the living shit out of me.

Ringo’s Gift was one of the highest CBD testing strains that grew with solid branching, heavy yield and a nice smell/flavor. If one has access, this is the ideal CBD strain to cultivate in my opinion. Even though I love ACDC which grows floppy and vine line.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ringo is due for the tent (2 girls) Aug '21, Ht (single girl) is due Dec '21 :)

This year's winter run 28 Dec I'll be growing ACDC (regs) hopefully I will get a male. I intend to collect the pollen from that male and breed with one branch of Ht the following winter.

Basically I know what Har and ACDC does. Ringo is my end goal. That is why I will be growing 2 Ringos, as I intend to add that to my rotating daily repertoire.

Ht is a sacrificial lamb for seeds but I still want to see what she is like.

All this with the eventual goal of reversing Rg, ACDC, Har and Ht to create feminized seeds.

X15

I’d love to try out some of what you are speaking of @Switcher56
Hopefully in a few months time I’ll be ready. Very determined to find a cbd rich cultivar for my rotation.