What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal to grow non flowering weed on front porch? (california)

Hey All,

Would it be legal to have a plant growing on my porch, it is visible to me and my single neighbor(they don't mind) so no public. The plant wont flower because there is 24/7 lighting on it. What do you think?

Thanks

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Each state will be different.
But according to the federal farm bill- cannabis that has less than. 3% THC is hemp.
So any seed, seedling, clone, plant that hasn't reached trichome production is hemp. No matter what it grows up to be or produces at maturity.
So if you keep it in veg on your porch it should be federally legal.
This is why I'm not scared of buying/shipping clones and seeds anymore.
I absolutely love the USPS!

George

Hey All,

Would it be legal to have a plant growing on my porch, it is visible to me and my single neighbor(they don't mind) so no public. The plant wont flower because there is 24/7 lighting on it. What do you think?

Thanks

Nope. Needs to be locked up and inaccessible to anyone but you as well. The law may have changed so I suggest you look it up and read it. It used to read pretty cut and dry.

Even if it was hemp, as the other poster already said the cops won’t know the difference and you may get a visitor asking you to prove it.

Edit: in addition don’t forget to also check your local county laws. Some have banned growing outside 100% regardless of what prop 64 says.

Grapefruitroop

Each county and each city is very different but in Shasta County as far as dope, you cant grow anything in your front porch....has to be the back one...if you have...otherwise....problem.
Now like others said, a hemp or cbd strain it will look exactly like the dopy ones...so yes it could draw attention...but....if you dont have anythin to worry...then i would say go for it after checkin the rules about hemp and cbd of course...:tiphat:

rolandomota

Stealth plant .....Freakshow grow some you might be able to get a 3 pack still at Irvine seed co just search the internet for Irvine seeds Freakshow I should have said something sooner but you still got time you can grow a bunch of seeds maybe I just thought you didn't want it to bud so I was thinking pure sativa but then it's a waste of time the duck foot ain't so stealth Australia abc is hemp subterfuge 1 is cool but only 5 % low effect you need to make hash from it ...freak show is super stealth high thc and lots of terps