What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP PRINCE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Was never much of a Prince fan...not my cup of tea...but wait, haters...there's more....
Went to a Santana concert in Fort Lauderdale many years ago.Santana is one of my favorites...one of the greatest guitar players with a great style. Anyway, Carlos and his band were ripping it up, as usual. At one point in the show, Santana was playing one of his elaborate lead solos, as only he can do. The stage lights were out, and a single spotlight was on Santana, front and center. The playing was impeccable, and then the light went out. Blackness. But the music never stopped...soaring lead...but then, the light came back on...only it wasn't Santana playing. It was Prince. Not a note was missed or a beat skipped. Perfectly done, and no one could tell there was a switch or any break in the playing. That's when I discovered what a great guitar player Prince was. Otherwise, might never have known. Respect.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
while I am familiar with most of his stuff... I am curious about what songs he wrote for others now.....yeehaw...I have listened to his stuff but never bought any..more of a heavy metal guy ...if I ever take up roller skating again I might buy some lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I only liked a few of his songs but he was definitely a brilliant and passionate musician, the music world will surely miss him.......

755a790b-a863-4531-956e-cf9b7ad9a5ca_zpsxwtnv1uc.jpg

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If we could contact the other side, think we could get Prince, Merle, and a few others back in exchange for kanye, and the entirely of the Kardashian/Jenner clan?

EL ROBUSTO

Anyone remember when he changed his handle from Prince to
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. LOL!!!!!
Some of his music was pretty good and some wasn't!!!!!!
Always a showman though and he loved Toronto, Ontario, Canada!!!

Betterhaff

Veteran
He did that when fighting Warner over rights. At the time I thought it was a prima donna move but didn't know all the particulars.

I love Toronto too.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Anyone remember when he changed his handle from Prince to
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. LOL!!!!!
Some of his music was pretty good and some wasn't!!!!!!
Always a showman though and he loved Toronto, Ontario, Canada!!!

and now....the artist formerly known as 'alive'

Skip

Veteran
Well another "teetotaler" overdoses on Prescription Opiate Painkillers.

They weren't even his. No doubt he had a drug problem.

Yet, he was supposedly anti-drug.

Just like so many others, Elvis being the KING of drug using, anti-drug spouting hypocrites.

No I wasn't a fan of Prince. Funny there aren't that many fans in my generation.

Legalize marijuana and all these opiate addicted people might find a healthier alternative to opiates and live and prosper much longer without BIG PHARMA DRUG GANGs pushing their addictive, deadly substances on humanity!

shithawk420

Veteran
Personnaly I thought he was kinda disgusting with his lyrics and naked videos but you can't deny he was a good guitar player and played all the other instruments in his music.he was literraly a one man band.all five foot two inches of him! Lol

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Well another "teetotaler" overdoses on Prescription Opiate Painkillers.

They weren't even his. No doubt he had a drug problem.

Yet, he was supposedly anti-drug.

Just like so many others, Elvis being the KING of drug using, anti-drug spouting hypocrites.

No I wasn't a fan of Prince. Funny there aren't that many fans in my generation.

Legalize marijuana and all these opiate addicted people might find a healthier alternative to opiates and live and prosper much longer without BIG PHARMA DRUG GANGs pushing their addictive, deadly substances on humanity!

There are a lot of drug hypocrites when it comes to pain killers. I know a woman that would never smoke a joint in her life, and it is legal here (Seattle) but she would buy percocets from a stranger with a mark-up price and not think she is doing something wrong.

In reality there are a lot of drug hypocrites. Some take this and say the other drug is bad. Look in the mirror I have to say.

Space Toker

Veteran
Skip, I feel many fear to address your comments due to your position... and I respect that and your beliefs, but have to offer a different perspective... he may or not have been a drug hypocrit or you or me or Limbuagh or another guy... hell we all contradict ourselves and appear hypocritical from time to time... that does not mean we are not striving for what is right or what we believe that to be, or that our thoughts or accomplishment have no meaning, it just means we aren't perfect... hey join the club. I may not have necessarily agreed with everything Prince or others were doing at the time or loved all their music, but he has proven a great talent and music visionary which you seem to be denying due to personal opinions, and that is not right. We all have deep flaws whether we want to admit it or not, but his amazing talent will live on forever. RIP Prince!

Status
Not open for further replies.