What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto plans to patent genetically modified marijuana in Uruguay

BruceBanner

Soros, soros, Soros,
Someone posted this ;)
"Soros is almost 84, so it seems unlikely that he has a huge interest in long range money making schemes. I think he's more interested in promoting his own vision of Society through various foundations."
First off, Soros has never spent a dime without the thought of a return. Just what he does.
Do you really think he would put so much money into legalizing marijuana if it didn't benefit him? 84 or 94 years old doesn't matter he's a business man that has aligned himself with the right people in business, agribusiness, law, and the political circus to capitalize on the investments and payoffs he's made to legalize.
To think otherwise would be painfully naive. It's a good thing being painfully naive doesn't really cause pain.

Soros is an invented figure, he's just a puppet without his own thinking, a false figure, some sort of PR for the masters..

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Hi Shaggy
Welcome back!!

I am afraid Sam is totally right, they didnt do any GMO cannabis in Uruguay and the people in charge of controlling the cannabis industry in Uruguay are nobility title holders such us PHD who have no clue about what they have to control.

There is no GMO weed in Uruguay or any place else.
Monsanto with a patent on GMO Cannabis? Where is the patent#, they are all public info, show it.

Laws are designed to favour canadian corpos and the people legislating in Uruguay are very poorly advised and are interested in foreign corpos developing the business with multimillion dollar investments recruiting a massive amount of workers earning the minimum salary which is 350u$s a month with total disregard for local growers
I am afraid the main market in the world is for recreational marihuana which is still treated as a very dangerous drug to be controlled in uruguay.

There are currently 56 tonnes of CBD marihuana ready for export at the moment in Uruguay of one of these multinational corpos, these canadian corpos are not intending to process the raw material in Uruguay. Do you have buyers for this shit? It comes with all the certifications and international packaging.

Patents for cannabis plants in uruguay? The only thing you could get is registry for hemp, for a variety of less than 1% THC and that registry would only be legal in Uruguay and you must prove it is a totally new and different, homogeneous and stable cultivar. THC is strictly forbidden. If you want to market any good containing the label cannabis, it should be done with cannabis oil made out of seeds not exceeding 0,01% thc according to the requirements of the uruguayan ministry of health
In Uruguay you cant patent cultivars by law. What exists is the intelectual property to the right of varietal breed.

If you want I can post the uruguayan application forms for registering a new hemp variety
I hope this helps and is clear

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hi Shaggy
Welcome back!!

I am afraid Sam is totally right, they didnt do any GMO cannabis in Uruguay and the people in charge of controlling the cannabis industry in Uruguay are nobility title holders such us PHD who have no clue about what they have to control.

Laws are designed to favour canadian corpos and the people legislating in Uruguay are very poorly advised and are interested in foreign corpos developing the business with multimillion dollar investments recruiting a massive amount of workers earning the minimum salary which is 350u$s a month with total disregard for local growers
I am afraid the main market in the world is for recreational marihuana which is still treated as a very dangerous drug to be controlled in uruguay.

There are currently 56 tonnes of CBD marihuana ready for export at the moment in Uruguay of one of these multinational corpos, these canadian corpos are not intending to process the raw material in Uruguay. Do you have buyers for this shit? It comes with all the certifications and international packaging.

Patents for cannabis plants in uruguay? The only thing you could get is registry for hemp, for a variety of less than 1% THC and that registry would only be legal in Uruguay and you must prove it is a totally new and different, homogeneous and stable cultivar. THC is strictly forbidden. If you want to market any good containing the label cannabis, it should be done with cannabis oil made out of seeds not exceeding 0,01% thc according to the requirements of the uruguayan ministry of health
In Uruguay you cant patent cultivars by law. What exists is the intelectual property to the right of varietal breed.

If you want I can post the uruguayan application forms for registering a new hemp variety
I hope this helps and is clear

Thanks for the update.
Thank you for the welcome back too!

Very interesting to hear what is going on over there.
I don't think I need to see the application, but thank you for the offer.

Thank you again for the info.
Shag

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Genetically Modified... They did it to ag so they could spray roundup, and other weed killers. How can they think they can spray pot? Maybe, just maybe, early in veg, cause people don't smoke the leaves.

Isn't every non-landrace a GMO plant?