What's new

Its time has come - A PRO-CANNABIS SuperPAC. Your ideas are needed!

G

Guest 88950

very nice Anti.

it actually suprises me that someone like B. Maher hasnt already suggested that a Canna PAC / Super PAC / 501 C4 be formed to further the legalization effort.

fighting propaganda with facts

play by their rules and we win...........jmo

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Anti, GREAT THREAD, GREAT IDEA !!!!

I'm in for donating, it won't be much, but we need something like this to wake up politicians...

I think it's best to stick to a some what professional sounding name also...

you guys are definitely on the right track...

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
I talked to a lawyer about the concept. He even suggested several people who might work as treasurers... for instance, he knows a former chief of police (now retired) that works with LEAP but doesn't even smoke.

That LEAP police chief would be much harder for them to fuck with, since there would be nothing illegal in their home and a history of working in law enforcement.

I have no further details at the moment, but I wanted to assure you that I am not languishing on this idea.

awesome.

I like the LEAP angle, they are always making positive statements, and might like to throw their weight behind something meaningful.

V

vonforne

i was thinking just like POTM we could vote here online every month or two. we could compile a list of proposed causes in a thread that must be cannabis related and the top 5 will go up for a vote.

does this sound like a fair process .

This would never be allowed here @ IC. Don´t quote me but I am about 90% sure on this one. When you strip it down......canna or not it is political.

You would have to get the members here to help in another way.

crazybear

I'm very much for funding a cause to get the federal Government to get its head out it's ass & finally change cannabis's legal & scheduling!
I don't see worrying about financing part of the pac through sales of seed's I know selling seeds is illegal , but it's violating our right's to self medicate! MY two cents!
Definitely need the front of the pac to be clean as to legality of smoking etc.!
I would suggest ads in mags. like AARP, the senior crowd has pull & soon more of the seniors at on time or another probably smoked herb!!!!!!!!!!!!

spyro

Well, a bit of a good bump, and a quick intro....Hi! I'm a member on another board but have lurker here at IC for a good minute. I do grow (White Russian & Exodus Cheese, DWC & soon NFT), and I'm currently in a non-medicinal state. I've never felt a real need to post here (no offense, the attention span is limited!) till I read this thread.
First off, Bravo. Great ideas, and a great back-and-forth collaboration so far. But what happened? :D
Otherwise, here's some of my two cents:

-Name: I don't think that it should be based off the budding-grower stage so-to say...420, Cheech, BongsLuvers shouldn't be considered for lack of maturity, but is it really a big deal to make it named something simple, rememberable, and to the point? CannaPAC would be nice I think as a good example (though I can see some slower folk to get it confused with the neighboring country to the North, heh). Supposedly the word "Vagina" is taboo amongst grown men and women in Congress and maybe blatant MJ related words would be too, but if this SuperPAC is meant for informative discussion, public education, and legal reform then why not start off by pointing out that we keep the playing field serious, related, and that you must be this-mature-to-ride.

-Spokesperson/Figure Head: This isn't immediately crucial, but it is a primary concern. This person would ideally have experience with MJ and even better with various MMJ implementations. This person will most likely be heavily scrutinized, so clean is nice, not even partaking of the smoke might be nice (or conveniently have an MMJ card). I think it could be nice to get a known public figure, but a fresh face wouldn't hurt as well and backing from the current activists could still be garnered. Politicians, businesses, retired/active LEO, anyone could back the SuperPAC (potentially with monetary donations, who knows, it's all anonymous!), but there needs to be the platform in place for them to put effort and their voice behind.

-Seed Auctions: This will probably not happen for many reasons. 1) As an AMERICAN based organization, it's very dark as far as legal stipulations go even if run and perpetrated by IC/SeedBay. Not to relate moral issues but more so legal ones, it'd be similar to working with large scale pimps and sex slave traffickers to get donations from "client sales"...again, not morally the same, but in some places of the world that sorta deal isn't frowned upon, while here in the US of A it's very illegal and comes with more taboo. 2) IC/SeedBay will more than likely not want to get involved with foreign politics. I'm sure they'd have a vested interest in potentially being able to expand their user-base under newer legal policies, but it's still not their position to invest in this sort of issue. There may be more legal routes that also ease public tension, for instance, IC donating ad-space, or SB having an option for seed buyers to anonymously give a bit to the SuperPAC as well in addition to their order (This is how Paypal/eBay keeps out of murky waters while still allowing indirect donations through their service). Either way, this should really be a non-issue and not contemplated for a good minute and even then with extensive (professional) legal counsel even if IC/SB would want to establish any sort of relation.

Though, before forming a business of any sort (don't get this wrong, the financial and management strategies are the same), one usually has an idea of what they are going to do/provide/vend, how they are going to do it, the general operation of that business, and so on. This information varies on the type of business (service, retail, restaurant, etc), but here what needs to be figured out first before any real formation action is a Mission Statement, the Business Description, Primary Goals and Actions Planned, and Resources needed. Otherwise, it's just filling out a few forms, making sure they're air-tight, and using the resources to act out the planned goals.

-Mission Statement: This is pretty simple, the overall goal of the SpookyPAC. Generally about a paragraph to three long. This is where the general idea is formed, but also a few constraints. Where many businesses fail is in broad diversification...they were supposed to do this, but got over excited and went after a different set of ideas and goals to supplement the primary objective and in doing so, loose track of everything, and things quickly turn to chaos. For instance, CannaPAC is formed to INform and so on...now, when CannaPAC decides to open a few glass shops, get into vending growing supplies, etc that's when you know you've gone too far from the original idea...ideally if that's what really is available to do, then CannaPAC would start a whole new business, or a subsidy that would have it's own infrastructure, management, resources, and finances to operate independently of the SuperPAC that's just there to network and spread the word.

-Business Description: Tell everyone a little about yourself! This is pretty easy as well, a bit more in-depth on what the message is, how it was conceived, how it's distributed, future goals, and so on. Simple, though detailed, and still on-topic.

-Primary Goals and Actions Planned: This is generally the hardest (I say second hardest, you might doubt that but I'll explain) part for business staging. Once everyone's decided on the general idea, what are you going to do to make that idea a reality? Let's assume this "CannaPAC" is made to inform the public of current drug and health policies, issues brought on, and the ways we can make a change in this country. Some say that's broad, but let's impose some constraints...the issue of MJ reform comes up with many solutions, let's suppose there are three good options: Regulation, Legalization, and Decriminalization. How do we know what's best? Well, say a platform is created where CannaPAC's first stage is to inform people of their options, and to maybe provide a forum for alternate discussion. This platform also gauges user interest, user votes, inputs to potentially modify the options, and so on. CannaPAC now has a better idea of what the general public actually wants, and some input to process that as well and from there either a more solid set of options can be created, or a new blend of them into a more unified option. Either way, it would be nice to initiatively show a process for democratic discussion (not fecal flinging debate), and compromise. Before this extreme bi-partisanship, discussion and compromises were natural. Now it's seen almost as a sign of weakness, which is sad cause any intellectual will tell you otherwise and point out the social regression. Aside from that, with the potentially unified idea, it's much easily distributed and support is gained significantly easier with everyone on the same page working towards an equal goal of win-win instead of zero-sum lose-win.
This is a long read eh? Still with the Primary Goals and Actions Planned! What will CannaPAC do with this idea, this information, this data? Well, a series of marketing blasts on social media platforms, viral Internet ad campaigns, printed advertisement, and even if the Benjamins are plentiful, TV advertisement. The idea is to get the word out, and do so as well and as broad as you can, but the key will really be with the Internet platform...data and communications transfer costs have fallen through the floor, and a set of Google Adwords, and a good social website will cost less, and transfer more information to more people than an expensive 30-second ad. There are differences in the weight carried by these different forms of advertisement, but that landscape is changing with the new mobile frontier.
Ok, there are CannaPAC ads on IC and the like, Google has targeted adverts as well, the website has a few thousand users, maybe there's even a CannaPAC app! What's next? Is this going to be the bulk of a year to three's worth of work and organization? Or will it have more plans outlined? Gathering support from targeted financial backers, politicians, public figures, likely to be needed but at a later stage when this snowball's got a bit of momentum (though initial support shouldn't shy away!) Maybe CannaPAC starts to organize a video platform to have growers and caretakers spread trust-worthy information, knowledge, and experience from inside the industry? All possible, but all need to be formed into a coherent and planned set of ideas and formulated actions.

-Resources Needed: Whooo! Onto another section...this is what I think is the hardest part. Reason being, another big fault of start-ups is over-delegation of resources. K.I.S.S. is the rule, keep things down to operational necessities, and then once things are up and running you can go and add features with the resources gained in the time of basic operation. Fast, agile iteration. If you haven't picked up though, resources boils down to money. How much money/resources will be needed to setup and operate the various stages of the CannaPAC? A social, mobile, and Internet media campaign will most likely need a domain name (www.cannapac.com), a web server, SSL certificate, Google AdWords allowance, etc.

Otherwise, from there, once all this information is gathered, you can fill out the forms, get it running, and start collecting money!
Speaking of collecting money, anyone thought about a KickStarter fund? Maybe they have stipulations against raising money for a SuperPAC but I doubt it! :D

Here's to hoping this kindling fire is still alive with some more people...if so, I'd be more than happy to donate some of my resources, experience, and time to help initiate this process. :tiphat:

G

Guest 88950

very well said.

as a fundraising source you can sell them wristbands like the LiveStrong wrist bands.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Well, a bit of a good bump, and a quick intro....Hi! I'm a member on another board but have lurker here at IC for a good minute. I do grow (White Russian & Exodus Cheese, DWC & soon NFT), and I'm currently in a non-medicinal state. I've never felt a real need to post here (no offense, the attention span is limited!) till I read this thread.
First off, Bravo. Great ideas, and a great back-and-forth collaboration so far. But what happened? :D
Otherwise, here's some of my two cents:

-Name: I don't think that it should be based off the budding-grower stage so-to say...420, Cheech, BongsLuvers shouldn't be considered for lack of maturity, but is it really a big deal to make it named something simple, rememberable, and to the point? CannaPAC would be nice I think as a good example (though I can see some slower folk to get it confused with the neighboring country to the North, heh). Supposedly the word "Vagina" is taboo amongst grown men and women in Congress and maybe blatant MJ related words would be too, but if this SuperPAC is meant for informative discussion, public education, and legal reform then why not start off by pointing out that we keep the playing field serious, related, and that you must be this-mature-to-ride.

-Spokesperson/Figure Head: This isn't immediately crucial, but it is a primary concern. This person would ideally have experience with MJ and even better with various MMJ implementations. This person will most likely be heavily scrutinized, so clean is nice, not even partaking of the smoke might be nice (or conveniently have an MMJ card). I think it could be nice to get a known public figure, but a fresh face wouldn't hurt as well and backing from the current activists could still be garnered. Politicians, businesses, retired/active LEO, anyone could back the SuperPAC (potentially with monetary donations, who knows, it's all anonymous!), but there needs to be the platform in place for them to put effort and their voice behind.

-Seed Auctions: This will probably not happen for many reasons. 1) As an AMERICAN based organization, it's very dark as far as legal stipulations go even if run and perpetrated by IC/SeedBay. Not to relate moral issues but more so legal ones, it'd be similar to working with large scale pimps and sex slave traffickers to get donations from "client sales"...again, not morally the same, but in some places of the world that sorta deal isn't frowned upon, while here in the US of A it's very illegal and comes with more taboo. 2) IC/SeedBay will more than likely not want to get involved with foreign politics. I'm sure they'd have a vested interest in potentially being able to expand their user-base under newer legal policies, but it's still not their position to invest in this sort of issue. There may be more legal routes that also ease public tension, for instance, IC donating ad-space, or SB having an option for seed buyers to anonymously give a bit to the SuperPAC as well in addition to their order (This is how Paypal/eBay keeps out of murky waters while still allowing indirect donations through their service). Either way, this should really be a non-issue and not contemplated for a good minute and even then with extensive (professional) legal counsel even if IC/SB would want to establish any sort of relation.

Though, before forming a business of any sort (don't get this wrong, the financial and management strategies are the same), one usually has an idea of what they are going to do/provide/vend, how they are going to do it, the general operation of that business, and so on. This information varies on the type of business (service, retail, restaurant, etc), but here what needs to be figured out first before any real formation action is a Mission Statement, the Business Description, Primary Goals and Actions Planned, and Resources needed. Otherwise, it's just filling out a few forms, making sure they're air-tight, and using the resources to act out the planned goals.

-Mission Statement: This is pretty simple, the overall goal of the SpookyPAC. Generally about a paragraph to three long. This is where the general idea is formed, but also a few constraints. Where many businesses fail is in broad diversification...they were supposed to do this, but got over excited and went after a different set of ideas and goals to supplement the primary objective and in doing so, loose track of everything, and things quickly turn to chaos. For instance, CannaPAC is formed to INform and so on...now, when CannaPAC decides to open a few glass shops, get into vending growing supplies, etc that's when you know you've gone too far from the original idea...ideally if that's what really is available to do, then CannaPAC would start a whole new business, or a subsidy that would have it's own infrastructure, management, resources, and finances to operate independently of the SuperPAC that's just there to network and spread the word.

-Business Description: Tell everyone a little about yourself! This is pretty easy as well, a bit more in-depth on what the message is, how it was conceived, how it's distributed, future goals, and so on. Simple, though detailed, and still on-topic.

-Primary Goals and Actions Planned: This is generally the hardest (I say second hardest, you might doubt that but I'll explain) part for business staging. Once everyone's decided on the general idea, what are you going to do to make that idea a reality? Let's assume this "CannaPAC" is made to inform the public of current drug and health policies, issues brought on, and the ways we can make a change in this country. Some say that's broad, but let's impose some constraints...the issue of MJ reform comes up with many solutions, let's suppose there are three good options: Regulation, Legalization, and Decriminalization. How do we know what's best? Well, say a platform is created where CannaPAC's first stage is to inform people of their options, and to maybe provide a forum for alternate discussion. This platform also gauges user interest, user votes, inputs to potentially modify the options, and so on. CannaPAC now has a better idea of what the general public actually wants, and some input to process that as well and from there either a more solid set of options can be created, or a new blend of them into a more unified option. Either way, it would be nice to initiatively show a process for democratic discussion (not fecal flinging debate), and compromise. Before this extreme bi-partisanship, discussion and compromises were natural. Now it's seen almost as a sign of weakness, which is sad cause any intellectual will tell you otherwise and point out the social regression. Aside from that, with the potentially unified idea, it's much easily distributed and support is gained significantly easier with everyone on the same page working towards an equal goal of win-win instead of zero-sum lose-win.
This is a long read eh? Still with the Primary Goals and Actions Planned! What will CannaPAC do with this idea, this information, this data? Well, a series of marketing blasts on social media platforms, viral Internet ad campaigns, printed advertisement, and even if the Benjamins are plentiful, TV advertisement. The idea is to get the word out, and do so as well and as broad as you can, but the key will really be with the Internet platform...data and communications transfer costs have fallen through the floor, and a set of Google Adwords, and a good social website will cost less, and transfer more information to more people than an expensive 30-second ad. There are differences in the weight carried by these different forms of advertisement, but that landscape is changing with the new mobile frontier.
Ok, there are CannaPAC ads on IC and the like, Google has targeted adverts as well, the website has a few thousand users, maybe there's even a CannaPAC app! What's next? Is this going to be the bulk of a year to three's worth of work and organization? Or will it have more plans outlined? Gathering support from targeted financial backers, politicians, public figures, likely to be needed but at a later stage when this snowball's got a bit of momentum (though initial support shouldn't shy away!) Maybe CannaPAC starts to organize a video platform to have growers and caretakers spread trust-worthy information, knowledge, and experience from inside the industry? All possible, but all need to be formed into a coherent and planned set of ideas and formulated actions.

-Resources Needed: Whooo! Onto another section...this is what I think is the hardest part. Reason being, another big fault of start-ups is over-delegation of resources. K.I.S.S. is the rule, keep things down to operational necessities, and then once things are up and running you can go and add features with the resources gained in the time of basic operation. Fast, agile iteration. If you haven't picked up though, resources boils down to money. How much money/resources will be needed to setup and operate the various stages of the CannaPAC? A social, mobile, and Internet media campaign will most likely need a domain name (www.cannapac.com), a web server, SSL certificate, Google AdWords allowance, etc.

Otherwise, from there, once all this information is gathered, you can fill out the forms, get it running, and start collecting money!
Speaking of collecting money, anyone thought about a KickStarter fund? Maybe they have stipulations against raising money for a SuperPAC but I doubt it! :D

Here's to hoping this kindling fire is still alive with some more people...if so, I'd be more than happy to donate some of my resources, experience, and time to help initiate this process. :tiphat:

Well said spyro. Of course, a pic of a powerful senator fucking a goat always comes in handy too!!!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I regret that I haven't done more to keep this conversation alive recently. Been hand-trimming my harvest for the last week. I think that there have been a lot of good ideas put out here. The biggest stumbling block I've run into is finding a "clean" person to file the paperwork without "outing" myself to a ton of people in the process.

It is more important to me that this idea go forward than for me to maintain any sort of leadership role. So if others have ideas of how to get this particular hurdle crossed, I am all for it. I would love to participate in the PAC in some capacity if such is feasable. (My biggest fear is that someone would run things in a less than ethical way and that I would then be responsible for getting people involved in a dishonest organization.)

Too bad YUKON won't volunteer for the gig. He's got plenty of money and no fear of outing himself. I mean, we'd need another (dread-free) spokesman, but he could file the paperwork and get the bank account going.

spyro

Well, I vote the next focus be a proper name for this SpookyPAC. Need a flag to rally around first eh?
CannaPAC which was my favorite is already established in MI. Also, points have been made for a more discrete name.
Anti, I forgot the names you suggested (stupid 1 PM limit, like really) but actually the one I do remember is Citizens for Compassion. Pretty hug-friendly and obscure! My new favorite.
Any other votes?

I personally see this PAC as a federal-focused one, instead of segregated into various states. The legislation across the states are of course different, and still kind of obscure at best. I would believe that as a nation we've learned a lot since the start of the MMJ movement and can analyze the difference in effectiveness and sanity of the various states and compile a unified theory presented at the state level. Maybe a constitutional amendment? There have been ratified amendments for alcohol prohibition and another to repeal the previously mentioned. Maybe the 28th can repeal Cannabis prohibition? :D

Also, the operative word in that last sentence is Cannabis. I believe that for this to be effective it not only has to be focused to target the federal initiative, but also to focus on Cannabis as a whole be it Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, or even low-grade industrial Hemp. We're fighting to end prohibition of the plant we like to ingest for one reason or another, why not put force behind it entirely on the basis that hemp can help improve the American economy as it did in the early tobacco days.

Freedom Preservation PAC?
Reviving Democracy PAC?

Comments, questions, opinions, votes, insight?

spyro

How about this Judge as a spokesman.

http://www.CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com.
Hey webecat,

Which judge were you thinking about? Cause that link just redirects to LEAP. Nothing against LEAP, but kind of a misguided post and link. Kinda looks like spam almost, but hey it actually is related so can't hate on that there!
Otherwise, you have any actual input on the name?
With a name we can soon have an actual web-presence to base all this off of and outside of ICMag's forums. :dance013:

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
the disclose act was defeated. this would have posed a threat to the annonymity aspect I think is pretty vital to this.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78576.html

DISCLOSE Act fails again in Senate

By TARINI PARTI | 7/16/12 7:38 PM EDT

Senate Democrats on Monday lost another attempt to pass legislation forcing donors of groups that bankroll most election ads to be revealed. But Democrats, led by New York Sen. Charles Schumer, pledged to hold the Senate floor hostage and continue the debate well into the night.

The DISLCOSE Act, which was dealt the same fate in the Senate in 2010, failed to overcome a key procedural vote on entirely partisan lines, 51-44. Democrats will push for another vote as early as Tuesday after holding a “midnight vigil” to protest the GOP filibuster of the measure.
Continue Reading

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was the only Democrat to vote “no” — a procedural move allowing him to bring it up again. Four Republicans and one Democrat did not vote on the bill, which would require unions, nonprofits and corporate interest groups that spend $10,000 or more during an election cycle to disclose donors who give $10,000 or more.

The new, stripped down version of the bill sponsored by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) no longer required sponsors of electioneering ads to have a disclaimer at the end and pushed the effective date to 2013. A discharge petition in the House to bring up the DISCLOSE act was also filed by Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) last week.

The push for the act comes as Democrats are lagging behind Republicans in fundraising. Critics of the bill argued that bringing up the measure was merely a political ploy.

“I just think it’s political theater at a time when we have real problems to solve,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also questioned the timing of the bill and argued that it would chill speech and lead to and potentially invite intimidation of donors whose identities were revealed. He and other Republicans said that although the language in the bill is the same for unions and corporate interest groups, in practice the measure would benefit unions.

“Senate Democrats want us to waste our time on the Disclose Act, a bill that has only two discernible purposes: To create the impression of mischief where there is none and to send a signal to unions that Democrats are just as eager to do their legislative bidding as ever,” McConnell said on the floor before the vote.

Democrats claim McConnell, the most vocal critic of the bill, has flip-flopped on disclosure after seeing how Republicans have benefited from outside spending groups. Schumer and others said the issue deserves continued attention now that voters are seeing and raising questions about the election ads that are taking over the airwaves

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/saunders/article/Dems-Disclose-Act-would-stifle-speech-3711523.php
Whitehouse wisely stripped down the bill. Gone are the NRA exemption, the too-soon starting date and the ban on contractor donations. Instead, Whitehouse's bill requires organizations that spend $10,000 or more during an election to identify big donors to the Federal Election Commission within 24 hours starting in 2013. It seems simple.

But it's not that simple. In a letter, the ACLU explained two big problems in the new bill: One, it strips donors to public-advocacy groups of their anonymity, "subjecting them to harassment and potentially discouraging valuable participation in the political process."

Californians may recall that some donors to the 2008 Proposition 8 campaign, which banned same-sex marriage, were subject to harassment.

Two, Whitehouse's bill has intrusive reporting requirements, even for "pure nonpartisan issue advertising that happens to mention a presidential or vice presidential candidate."

David Keating, president for the Center for Competitive Politics, believes that the reporting requirements are onerous. As he sees it, the Whitehouse bill means: "If you want to say anything about the government, you have to register with the Federal Election Commission to do it."

Also, because Whitehouse lengthened the reporting period, the ACLU warned of "a chilling effect on public criticism of the president or vice president, including truly nonpartisan criticism on specific policy issues, during more than a fourth of a president's first term."

Last edited:
G

Guest 88950

i would rather have full disclosure b/c greater harm is being done to our country by allowing politicians to be bought via re-election donations in excess of 6-7 figures.

politicians need $$$ to spread a message to get elected so my vote is not relevant if large doners feel this other candidate will vote in line with their interest so who are they going to be loyal to?

edit: 10 yrs ago Mitch McConnell and other (R) leaders were calling for disclosure in political donations and now the roles are reversed. i guess its all fair in politics when its the other side in the cross hairs.

spyro

i would rather have full disclosure b/c greater harm is being done to our country by allowing politicians to be bought via re-election donations in excess of 6-7 figures.

politicians need $$$ to spread a message to get elected so my vote is not relevant if large doners feel this other candidate will vote in line with their interest so who are they going to be loyal to?

edit: 10 yrs ago Mitch McConnell and other (R) leaders were calling for disclosure in political donations and now the roles are reversed. i guess its all fair in politics when its the other side in the cross hairs.
Flip-flopping is a practice as old as politics itself. I'd like to think that most times it's because one becomes wiser, more experienced and is able to reflect real-world learning. Unfortunately, now-a-days it's probably more so cause of different funding sources.
If you look over the course of bi-partisonship in America, you'll find that the two parties have changed courses and weight many times. Old school conservatives would probably currently side with more liberal stakes, and vice versa.
I think full-disclosure would probably cripple something like a Cannabis SuperPAC in the current geo-political climate. I would agree that contributions over $25k should be disclosed because at that point it's most likely larger businesses and private parties that can take and are probably accustomed to harassment. However if say CannaBunkerMan wanted to donate $1k, he should be able to do so without giving his information which would probably lead to harassment and other legal issues on his behalf, ultimately curbing the contribution rate. That wouldn't stop CannaBunkerMan from being able to publicly support the initiative but it would protect him otherwise if he chose not to.

Crowd-sourcing is becoming more popular and more powerful thanks to the cheap and wide availability of connectivity.
Crowd-sourcing political movements is not a new notion, the Occupy movement tried to do so. That attempt has failed though, personally because I believe they were just a bunch of people complaining about not being able to come up in life, and even then the complaints were loosely formed and incoherent at best. There were no real established goals and resources were spread too far out and it became segregated into state-based systems. The Fed started to observe and track the Occupy movement, not because they were afraid of what they wanted to change, but more so the initial momentum and number of bodies got them squirming about.

With a SuperPAC, active yet anonymous crowd-sourcing, and proper organization, we might have a chance to actually throw some weight around.

So, let's get back to that organization part, specifically a name...anyone else have suggestions on one?:dance013:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Personally, if we can figure out a way to keep ahold of the reigns, I don't give a fuck who donates to us.

I agree that full disclosure OUGHT to be the way of the world, but it isn't. And as long as they're going to be FIGHTING us in secret, we should be fighting back with the same secrecy.

We get more donations if the people donating don't feel they're putting their name on a gov't hit list.

I've seen members of this forum who live in med states and grow but won't get a med. card because they don't wanna put their head up.

Allowing ALL donations to be anonymous allows some sympathetic celebrity to give us $50,000 without sticking their neck out.

Hell, If Karl Rove decides cannabis legalization is a good idea and wants to chuck a million dollars at us it doesn't mean we have to start doing his bidding. We might not get repeat contributions of this sort, but fuck 'em.

Something along the lines of "Restoring Democracy" sounds the best to me.

Something that nobody will want to be heard opposing.

Citizens For Responsible Governance

Restoring Freedom

Patriotic Americans Restoring Liberty

We need to be thinking in those terms and not in 'head lingo.

Latest posts

Latest posts