What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Its time has come - A PRO-CANNABIS SuperPAC. Your ideas are needed!

immaculate

I would love to participate in this. It is a dream of mine. I'm fresh out of college, live in the biggest city in the U.S. (non-medical, but lots of celebs/media/$) and am ready to dedicate my life to the cause.

What of using the momentum from the election to keep this ball rolling?

I would like to see a national SuperPAC that ultimately seeks to create change vis a vis cannabis and federal policy.

How could we make the idea appeal to people who feel indifferent, or even hostile to it? First of all, blue (Obama) states should be shoe-ins at this point.

Obvious angles include:

- Ending the drug war (it targets minorities, leads in many cases to unlawful procedures executed by gov't and LEO - think family's house getting raided at night and dog shot and they were guilty of nothing), make it clear how many resources could be saved
- Rescheduling
- Financing the country and helping us make good on 16trillion+ in debt (there's room here for educating the public on the deleterious effects of private banking on our country in general)
- Appeal to science with the advocacy of medicinal uses of cannabis, particularly concerning age-related illness (opens a whole entire demographic to the cause as was alluded by someone earlier)
- Appeal to emotion by pointing out that it really doesn't make any sense at the end of the day to deny a child dying of cancer the opportunity to be treated with cannabinoids rather than (along with) poison chemotherapy

This is Obama's opportunity at an about face.

Although, I do wonder: with 52% of (2010) arrests being for cannabis-related crimes, what would happen to the Justice Dept's budget? What would happen to state and local police budgets? How many bacon egg and cheese sandwiches would be out of a job? Surely there's more of an appeal in busting a grown man or woman in good standing for a few pot plants than actually doing something worthwhile like pursuing violent crime offenders.

Will big pharma ultimately concede, or will it be a matter of pandering to their profit-driven whims? What of those rumors of one of the tobacco companies owning stakes of land in preparation for this?

I couldn't be the spokesperson for several reasons (I will always indulge, and will always grow, and what I currently do on the side requires that my face be published and I doubt high-profile clients would want to publish the weed guy...but who knows, it's funny how that shit works. I always saw myself articulately promoting the cannabis cause though.) but I'm ready to bust my balls behind the scenes...