What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

*mr.mike*

US drug laws to be imposed GLOBALLY on US citizens???

US drug laws to be imposed GLOBALLY on US citizens???

According to this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/us-drug-policy-war-congress_n_998993.html?ref=mostpopular

The House Judiciary Committe just passed a bill that would apply US drug laws GLOBALLY to any US citizen. I guess in short it would mean you can just cut your Amsterdam, Spain, Portugal, or wherever herb excursion. You can even forget about posting how to grow, where to buy, use, or even litter drugs anywhere in the world.

I'd say "whatcha gonna do?" about this new bill becoming law, but as an american citizen who knows america and americans pretty well, I know that most will simply roll over and, perhaps grudingly, blindly accept it like the total pussies most of them are. Without even writing their congressman or senator, or doing ANYTHING where they would have to use their real name, face, or anything that involves not being in a crowd, making sure that there's a guy in front of you who will get arrested first so you can run away.

Unless.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... just keep on voting for republicans and democrats folks. Seems to be working so far.

Might be interesting to see how the votes went down. Not just for party affiliation but individual id. Been trying to find it but might not be published.

Last edited:

anikas88

Whats the surprise here? America already basically dictates world drug policy with some few exceptions world wide. Is it that we are moving from a "soft power" technique to a "hard power" approach. It seems like all the drug propaganda in the world is failing, everyday this country is approaching a fascist corporatist government ( and obama is just a continuation of this not the start.)

itisme

Veteran
At some point the US Citizens will have to step up and defeat these drug laws and tyranny that they are imposing upon us!

Victim-less crimes are crimes where the only victim is the one being prosecuted and the US Gov't has punished so many of these people that it can no longer even afford to "store" them making themselves self imposed victims of victim-less crimes. How stupid is that? Right!

I am ashamed when I here people say we are the most free nation on earth, mainly because that only used to be true and no longer applies.

at least half of all Americans are stupid and/or ignorant, these people are easy to brainwash, i used to be one of them when i joined the military at 17. shit it seems like people cant even form their own opinions anymore, just regurgitate the opinions of the fox news pundits.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Then again,
When does it stop being 'fear-mongering bullshit'?

When it passes the House? Senate? Obama's desk?

It hurts no one to be aware. Quite the opposite.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I thought Repubs wanted smaller government? This won't pass the senate and I'm sure Obama would pull out the veto pen for this, especially if he wants the independent vote.

LMFAO. He said he was gonna leave mmj alone too. Now he's got some real change you can believe in going on with that.
He knows that dems will vote for him no matter what he does or doesn't do just to keep a republican out of the office. Bending mmj providers over a barrel and letting the dea/doj/atf/fbi/ local & state leo fuck us in the ass is just a footnote to him that he could care less about. He sure the hell ain't telling them to stop is he? The presidents job is about nothing more than allowing people to vote every 4 years to make them think they have a "choice" to change things. Both parties have the same goals just a different ideology about how to get there. You wanta really shake things up and scare the shit outta them? Vote 3rd party even if you don't agree with them. That's the only way things will ever really change.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
HR 313

HR 313

Co-sponsors:
Hide Cosponsors
Cosponsors:
Adam Schiff [D-CA29]

Text:
Summary | Full TextStatus:
checkmark.gif
IntroducedJan 18, 2011
checkmark.gif
Referred to CommitteeView Committee Assignments
checkmark.gif
Reported by CommitteeOct 6, 2011
box.gif
House Vote...
box.gif
Senate Vote...
box.gif
Signed by President...Last Action:
Oct 6, 2011:

House Judiciary: Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by the Yeas and Nays: 20 - 7.

Related:

See the Related Legislation page for other bills related to this one and a list of subject terms that have been applied to this bill. Sometimes the text of one bill or resolution is incorporated into another, and in those cases the original bill or resolution, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned.
'committee assignments' links

Committees are like "mini Congresses". Most bills begin by being considered by one or several congressional committees which may "report" the bill favorably or unfavorably to the Senate or House as a whole allowing it to receive consideration by the full body and move forward, or may fail to consider a bill at all preventing the bill from moving forward. Most bills never receive any committee consideration and are never reported out. House bills start in House committees and enter Senate committees only after being passed by the House and received by the Senate, and similarly for Senate bills.

Information on committee proceedings is notoriously opaque: committees vary in what information they make public and often do not provide basic public information such as the results of votes electronically or in an understandable format. Furthermore, if your Member of Congress does not sit on any committee relevant to this bill, you generally have no opportunity to voice your opinion on the bill while the bill is receiving its most important consideration.

The bill has been referred to the following committees:
House Judiciary -- Bill Text Revised
House Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
House Energy and Commerce
House Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Health
'related legislation' links

The list below shows legislation in this and previous sessions of Congress that had the same title as this bill. Often bills are incorporated into other omnibus bills, and you may be able to track the status of provisions of this bill by looking for an omnibus bill below. Note that bills may have multiple titles.
111th Congress: S. 3218Dead
111th Congress: H.R. 5231Dead

Subject Terms

This bill is related to other bill and resolutions in these subject areas as identified by the Congressional Research Service:
Crime and law enforcement
Criminal investigation, prosecution, interrogation
Drug trafficking and controlled substances
Jurisdiction and venue
If Adam Schiff is your representative, check to see if NORML or ASA plans to field an opponent in the 2012 election. I don't care if it's Elmer Fudd, learn his positions and vote your conscience.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Vote 3rd party even if you don't agree with them. That's the only way things will ever really change.

After age 18 I never voted D or R again for president. Always voted for the libratarian and last time around voted NONE OF THE ABOVE (couldn't find a way to write in Ron Paul).

Needless to say this has done fuck all for changing the political environment.

The real truth about voting for president is exposed in an easy to understand educational film (South Park episode).

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e08-douche-and-turd

:joint:

indalo

No surprise really.
Frankly Im surprised that ICMag still exists at all now-as all ther other UK based seed sellers shut down their grow forums due to the conspiracy laws over here-lots of shops had to choose-seeds or cannabis growing books, growshops had to stop selling seeds and cannabis books.
So how Ic is still here I dont know

Is that what happened to Panama Jack's forum, do you know ?

supermanlives

Veteran
we need to have a backup name for a new site . then if shit goes down we can reorganize. worldwidetomatogrowers.com LOL.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Watch the out GN!!! The U.S. Government is making their move on us. Total global fascist Domination is their goal and we are on their list. Mozeltov, We are the Demonized Minority. Does this remind anybody of the 1940's yet? Is anybody else willing to get a rifle yet. GN you tried to escape tyranny but It just as any unchecked tyranny, it will follow you. The only way to stop it is to oust the U.S. government with whatever means necessary.

i had read the drug law article in that other thread yesterday and JUST realized what the full implication of it were and went to post in that thread and saw this.

:fsu:

supermanlives

Veteran
if this goes down i hope gypsys goverment is strong enough to resist the us asshats. and not cave in like canada and marc emery. stay strong all

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
i dont see how this is attacking ic mag... its a shit bill... but it clearly states if you plan your illegal acts in usa for foreign soil.... all my illegal acts are right here in the good ol' us of a.... so i should be good -=P

How wrong you are my friend. All of your and my actions are here in the good ol USA, via servers INTERNATIONALLY. Many of your posts and many of mine discuss growing cannabis. We often share ideas on how to grow cannabis with anyone in the WORLD who asks us about growing cannabis. Well right there you and I are in a felony conspiracy with our ICmag friend to grow cannabis OUTSIDE of the USA. Well growing cannabis is a violation of the CSA, so in the eyes of the government you and I are felons.

:joint:

I think most people are reading this wrong

["The House Judiciary Committee passed a bill yesterday that would make it a federal crime for U.S. residents to discuss or plan activities on foreign soil that, if carried out in the U.S., would violate the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) -- even if the planned activities are legal in the countries where they're carried out. The new law, sponsored by Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) allows prosecutors to bring conspiracy charges against anyone who discusses, plans or advises someone else to engage in any activity that violates the CSA,}

What this means is that we are discussing "tomato" growing on a server in england, where its ok to do that. American citizens, conspiring to break an american law on a "technically" foreign soil=Fed crime.

It seems confusing and many seem to take it only as if I planned to go to england and have seeds I would be a felon because its illegal in the US.

Fuck relax HASH the title of your thread is uncalled for...The sky is falling the sky is falling fuck......:moon:

I thought Repubs wanted smaller government? This won't pass the senate and I'm sure Obama would pull out the veto pen for this, especially if he wants the independent vote.
}

do any of you still have your hopes for change in obama? Really?

LMFAO. He said he was gonna leave mmj alone too. Now he's got some real change you can believe in going on with that.
He knows that dems will vote for him no matter what he does or doesn't do just to keep a republican out of the office. Bending mmj providers over a barrel and letting the dea/doj/atf/fbi/ local & state leo fuck us in the ass is just a footnote to him that he could care less about. He sure the hell ain't telling them to stop is he? The presidents job is about nothing more than allowing people to vote every 4 years to make them think they have a "choice" to change things. Both parties have the same goals just a different ideology about how to get there. You wanta really shake things up and scare the shit outta them? Vote 3rd party even if you don't agree with them. That's the only way things will ever really change.

3rd party votes are throw aways. They only draw votes from the (usually) better candidate. The answer is to vote for ron paul in the republican primary elections, and have him be the republican nominee. The ONLY candidate who is on our side as far as weed goes.

if this goes down i hope gypsys goverment is strong enough to resist the us asshats. and not cave in like canada and marc emery. stay strong all

For real, lots of bad shit goin down in our community lately, hopefully you guys arent the next dominoes to fall. Be cautious and safe.

and thanks for Ic.

H

h^2 O

need to design some type of self-destruct system for the servers. Like some kind of acid or maybe place then in a giant kiln, and if shit goes down it burns up.

Latest posts

Latest posts