What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RON PAUL IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
So ive been seing alot of misinformation about my boy ron paul ... so im here to show you why there aint no person like paul running. he is by far the realest fucking dood in politics. so get your ass out and vote for paul... A REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT:::

**** please dont turn this into a political argument thread. this is just to show there is a real politician who would not only protect its citizens regarding drugs - but many of the other things that have been taken away from us in the guise of safety - i dont want this thread to get binned - this is purely about ron paul and legalizing FREEDOM ****

Ron Paul - Marijuana said:
Paul favors the right to use marijuana as a medical option. He was cosponsor of H.R. 2592, the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act.[245] He is currently a supporter of the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.[246]

Paul has joined prominent Progressive Democrats in urging that states be allowed to permit farmers to grow industrial hemp, which currently is defined as a controlled substance.[231] He contends that this would help North Dakota and other agriculture states, where farmers have requested the ability to farm hemp for years.[231]

In 2005 and 2007 he introduced the Industrial Hemp Farming Act "to amend the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marijuana, and for other purposes";[247] it currently has eleven cosponsors. This bill would give the states the power to regulate farming of hemp. The measure would be a first since the national prohibition of industrial hemp farming in the United States. The Economist wrote that his support for hemp farming could appeal to farmers in Iowa.[248].

Ron Paul - Drug prohibition said:
Paul contends that prohibition of drugs is ineffective and advocates ending the War on Drugs.[249][250][251] "Prohibition doesn’t work. Prohibition causes crime." He believes that drug abuse should be treated as a medical problem, "We treat alcoholism now as a medical problem and I, as a physician, think we should treat drug addiction as a medical problem and not as a crime." The Constitution does not enumerate or delegate to Congress the authority to ban or regulate drugs in general.

Ron Paul - Prostitution and Sex Work said:
Paul reaffirmed in a South Carolina Republican Presidential Candidate debate in May 2011 his support for prostitution being made legal, arguing that the Constitution grants American citizens the right to do "controversial things" as long as they do not hurt or defame other people. He further believes that it is none of the government's business what consenting adults do in private. His primary goal in this area is to abolish federal anti-prostitution legislation, leaving it up to the states to decide if they would want to legalize prostitution or not

Ron Paul - Right To Bear Arms said:
Right to keep and bear armsThe only 2008 presidential candidate to earn Gun Owners of America's A+ rating, Paul has been a lead sponsor of legislation in Congress attempting to maintain individual Second Amendment rights.[157] He has also fought for the right of pilots to be armed.

In the first chapter of his book, Freedom Under Siege, Paul argued that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to place a check on government tyranny, not to merely grant hunting rights or allow self-defense. When asked whether individuals should be allowed to own machine guns, Paul responded, "Whether it's an automatic weapon or not is, I think, irrelevant."[158] Paul believes that a weapons ban at the federal or state level does not work either. "Of course true military-style automatic rifles remain widely available to criminals on the black market. So practically speaking, the assault weapons ban does nothing to make us safer."[159] Rather, he sees school shootings, plane hijackings, and other such events as a result of prohibitions on self-defense.[160] Based on Paul's responses to a 1996 survey,[161] he supports the right of citizens to carry concealed firearms if they are legally owned.

Ron Paul - Airport security said:
Following the 9/11 attacks, Paul "opposed the federalization of airport security, the creation of the DHS and increased police state measures, but did propose legislation that would allow airline pilots to begin carrying firearms in cockpits", on the theory that "it's much harder for terrorists to commandeer an airplane when pilots can fight back.

Ron Paul - Foreign Policy said:
Paul's stand on foreign policy issues has drawn support across the political spectrum. His views are generally attributed to those of non-interventionism, which is the belief that the United States should avoid entangling alliances with other nations, but still retain diplomacy, and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial self-defense. Paul is quoted as stating "America [should] not interfere militarily, financially, or covertly in the internal affairs of other nations", while advocating "open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Ron Paul - Federal legislation and civil liberty said:
PATRIOT Act
Paul broke with his party by voting against the PATRIOT Act in 2001; he also voted against its 2005 enactment.[165] He has said, "Everything we have done in response to the 9-11 attacks, from the Patriot Act to the war in Iraq, has reduced freedom in America."[68] He has spoken against federal use of what he defines as torture and what he sees as an abuse of executive authority during the Iraq War to override Constitutional rights.[166]

REAL ID Act
Paul voted against the REAL ID Act of 2005, an Act to create federal identification-card standards, which has been challenged as violating the Constitutional separation of powers doctrine, and other civil liberties.[167][168] Enforcement of the Act has been postponed until 2011.[169]

Domestic surveillance
Paul has spoken against the domestic surveillance program conducted by the National Security Agency on American citizens. He believes the role of government is to protect American citizens' privacy, not violate it.[170] He has signed the American Freedom Agenda pledge not to violate Americans' rights through domestic wiretapping and to renounce autonomous presidential signing statements, which rely on unitary executive theory.[164] In December 2007, he stated his opposition to the US House Resolution 1955, arguing that it "focuses the weight of the US government inward toward its own citizens under the guise of protecting us against violent radicalization.

Ron Paul - FDA said:
I oppose legislation that increases the FDA‘s legal powers. FDA has consistently failed to protect the public from dangerous drugs, genetically modified foods, dangerous pesticides and other chemicals in the food supply. Meanwhile they waste public funds attacking safe, healthy foods and dietary supplements.

Ron Paul - Enviornment Protection said:
As a free-market environmentalist, Paul sees polluters as aggressors who should not be granted immunity or otherwise insulated from accountability. Paul argues that enforcing private property rights through tort law would hold people and corporations accountable, and would increase the cost of polluting activities - thus decreasing pollution.[223] He claims that environmental protection has failed due to lack of respect for private property:

The environment is better protected under private property rights ... We as property owners can't violate our neighbors' property. We can't pollute their air or their water. We can't dump our garbage on their property ... Too often, conservatives and libertarians fall short on defending environmental concerns, and they resort to saying, "Well, let's turn it over to the EPA. The EPA will take care of us ... We can divvy up the permits that allow you to pollute." So I don't particularly like that method.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Post My friend. I really like Dr. Ron Paul. From a Logical standpoint he is our best choice.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
"Originally Posted by Ron Paul - Right To Bare Arms"

So he is a real man, and wants to see more bare arms?
Well alright!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
he really is some thing of a George Washington of today. totally honorable and consistent, he just doesn't care. the pundits ask him awful questions like about him wanting to legalize all drugs and he just answers fearlessly according to his beliefs, no matter who the audience is, no matter whats fashionable at the time, he will give it to you straight. in that he is unique, specially having that track record of consistency over many years makes him one of a kind. all the rest are mouthing nothings and having their policies dictated to them by the whims of the press and what ever lobbyists have paid them to agree to. finally people are starting to see...

manpan

"Originally Posted by Ron Paul - Right To Bare Arms"

So he is a real man, and wants to see more bare arms?
Well alright!

No no, that's a typo. It's the right to bear arms.. like a grizzly bear.

Ron Paul feels we should be able to have huge, hairy, "bear" arms.

itisme

Veteran
He would save us TRILLIONS!

Ron Paul would cut off so many Military Corp: Lockheed, Boeing, Halliburton, DEA, Prison guard unions, sucking Billions off USA Tax Payer that they won't even say the name RON PAUL. They are horrified he will win.

Ron is not playing around when he says small government and more personal freedoms. He will withdraw hundreds of thousands of troops from around the globe. He would cut off all the foreign aid. He would also do away with food-stamps and many other government programs. If drugs and prostitution legal I would have a lot less stress in my life :D

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
My goal is to send $100 to RP's campaign fund every month until the election. I know its not much - but if we can get every person sending what they can he would be able to run a legitimate campaign without all the special interest money. If we could get just half the country to send Ron $5 he would have the largest campaign fund in the history of our country...

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/

While were on the whole bear/bare arms....something to ligten the mood::

Homer Simpson Buys A Gun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY

Sales Clerk: "This is for shooting down police helicopters."
Homer: "Oh, I don't need anything like that.....yet."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I

idoreallytry

hell yeah i wish we could get a real person with not just political views or agendas,,,just get shit done and make it right,,,,peace

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
He doesn't have a snowballs chance of getting elected. The main stream right will get a candidate that will make the corporations happy. Ron Paul and his (the only way I can get certified is start my own certification board)son rare to far from main stream America. MY TWO Cents in before the bin

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the right is sure to lose if they put one of their stiff assed puppets up there.....the only way the R's can win is if they put RP on their ticket...it will siphon so many potential obama voters away...and most republicans would vote for paul over obama anyways....maybe they will put romney as his VP or something. ron paul got my vote for sure....if they put romney on the ballot im not even gonna vote no point california will go obama...but Paul on californias ballot will really throw a curveball in there...tons of RP lovers here in california...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I like Ron Paul. Damn shame about the media blackout surrounding his campaign. media just won't cover him other than to poke fun at him.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I too like Dr. Paul and think his ideas are what our great nation needs but I don't think he'll be able to fund the campaign. The puppet masters will pick "our" guy. Don't worry....just get ready for football.

igrowone

Veteran
He doesn't have a snowballs chance of getting elected. The main stream right will get a candidate that will make the corporations happy. Ron Paul and his (the only way I can get certified is start my own certification board)son rare to far from main stream America. MY TWO Cents in before the bin

A week ago, I would have agreed with you.
But I look at the contenders in RP land, and I begin to wonder what planet I've crossed over into.
Bachmann promising she'll get us back to $2 gasoline.
Perry mentions treason and Bernake in the same breath.
And Romney reminding us that corporations are people too.
With such choices, Dr. Paul looks better every day.

vta

Veteran
ron-paul-dont-steal-government-hates-competition.jpg

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is this the same guy that sad it is a good thing for iran to have nukes? lol

no offense but his logic is pretty flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.