What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LEO...Doesn't Want To Piss For The Man

vta

Veteran
Portland Cops Don’t Want Their Privacy Violated; Don’t Want to Submit to Drug Testing

police barricade downtown sw portland In negotiations with the Portland Police Association, city of Portland officials have proposed that police officers agree to submit to drug testing under the terms of their new contract with the city. The drug tests that the city proposes would be required after the use of deadly force, in-custody deaths and serious traffic crashes, and also randomly. Additionally, the proposal would broaden the current range of drugs for which tests are done, including steroids, and would enforce stricter penalties for violations.

Portland Mayor Sam Adams and former Portland Police Bureau commissioner Dan Saltzman have both supported random drug tests. “We must ensure that an officer’s decision-making thought process including whether or not to use lethal force is not clouded by drugs,” Adams said.

Understandably, the cops don’t want to be drug tested. Portland Police Association attorney Will Aitchison said the random testing proposal would violate the officers’ right to privacy. Currently drug testing is allowed if there is “reasonable suspicion.” Aitchinson said that any tests beyond that would be unlawful search and seizures.

:nanana:

Blueshark

Isn't it interesting that they do not want to do what most of us HAVE TO DO? Makes you wonder what they're hiding... And what ever happened to that last stash they confiscated?? Hope we haven't heard the last word on this....BS

C

CANNATOPIA

Hell yeah Piss test them every day & let them have no rest nor release from their stressful life's & jobs! I think this is a GREAT Idea! also alcohol should be added! Breathalyzers right before they enter the car & after they exit. because I don't want my cops drinking either. ;) heheheh

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Damn the man. I hope half of them lose their jobs and have to turn to crime over this. Wouldn't that be pretty?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Everyone should stand up against piss testing.. They should only test for impairment and then only the most critical jobs or activities such as driving.

All Politicians and law enforcement should be tested weekly without privacy to ensure public safety. they should lead by example if this is something the common public would be subjected to.

:dance013:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone should stand up against piss testing.. They should only test for impairment and then only the most critical jobs or activities such as driving.

All Politicians and law enforcement should be tested weekly without privacy to ensure public safety. they should lead by example if this is something the common public would be subjected to.

all piss testing should be canceled for EVERYONE period. Judge an officer on his actions alone just as you judge any oher person. if you get drunk and shoot someone in the face, it is the same thing as doing it sober in the eyes of the law because no one made you drink that alcohol.

Piss testing is a waste of time and money in a system that already wastes huge amounts of money. over a trillion dollars have been wasted on the drug war, and this is just one off shoot of that waste.

CaptainTrips

all piss testing should be canceled for EVERYONE period. Judge an officer on his actions alone just as you judge any oher person. if you get drunk and shoot someone in the face, it is the same thing as doing it sober in the eyes of the law because no one made you drink that alcohol.

Piss testing is a waste of time and money in a system that already wastes huge amounts of money. over a trillion dollars have been wasted on the drug war, and this is just one off shoot of that waste.

I agree there should be more or less, no drug testing. But it should either be test nobody, or test everybody. So start peeing congress, mr. president, and all your aids...

David762

Absolutely YES!

Absolutely YES!

Why shouldn't our politicians and LEO's all follow the same laws as everybody else? The problem is is that they believe that they know better than we the peons about enforcing personal morality for the "good of society", while they as our overlords know what they can or cannot "handle" on a personal level in spite of laws to the contrary.

So while heads were being cracked with billy clubs and cannabis users were going to prison under Pres. George HW Bush, he was getting cannabis treatments for glaucoma. And his useless "village idiot" son, a dry drunk, was obviously walking around stoned on some illicit substance while serving as President -- how can you even doubt this contention, considering his "wordsmith abilities"?

The politicians (most, anyway) are hypocrites, as well as most LEO's -- and let's not forget our District Attorneys & Judges, and Bankers. The drug cartels rake in in excess of $50 Billion USD per year. You cannot possibly believe that it is only the Mexican government at all levels that has been corrupted by drug money.

It should come as no great surprise if, after 70+ years of Prohibition 2.0, that our LEO's at Federal, State, and Local levels are the largest, best equipped, most organized of the violent street gangs that we have in this country.

They should all be tested, regularly, with the same legal result as everybody else. Fair is fair.

David762

I wonder how long before Prohibition 2.0 would end,

I wonder how long before Prohibition 2.0 would end,

given the requirement to drug test everyone in government, including Congress -- not too long, I would wager. But I like your idea even better. End Prohibition 2.0 and end all drug testing, and judge people in or out of government on their merits (or lack thereof). There are a few ex-Drug Czars who would lose their livelihoods, which are now based on the rehabilitation, drug testing, and private prison industries.

I agree there should be more or less, no drug testing. But it should either be test nobody, or test everybody. So start peeing congress, mr. president, and all your aids...

Latest posts

Latest posts