What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should we Peoplelize marijuana

Botanist

This is only for a medical marijuana dispensary; that's the only thing legal, at this point in time.

there are many unfortunate people
who have been swept up by the coming depression
we are going to make sure that people don't go hungry

by providing sacks of beans, rice....

I keep close track of the economy, here and globally
it certainly doesn't look good from where I'm sitting
and as mentioned, I am very good with data and analysis

that was my life

just thought it would be good to prepare, just in case

I miss understood you. If this is something your looking to do on your own, then more power to you. It may help the people more to produce and make as much cash as possible in order to supply more jobs.

If you do this i would keep watch on those who benefit from your hand out. Most men of self respect fill shame to take a hand out. You may end up only attracting those who do not need help but only look to ride upon your production. They will look to turn you into productive cattle.

I miss understood you. If this is something your looking to do on your own, then more power to you. It may help the people more to produce and make as much cash as possible in order to supply more jobs.

If you do this i would keep watch on those who benefit from your hand out. Most men of self respect fill shame to take a hand out. You may end up only attracting those who do not need help but only look to ride upon your production. They will look to turn you into productive cattle.
NP Botanist

I figured we would have the people in the county where the mmj dispensary is, understand that we will help feed, the most desperate, but deserving, of a helping hand.

I've been very independent my entire life, so I understand the shame aspect. never missed a payment, or bounced a check

but I've been hungry before

I figure a sack of dried beans, with a little help, can provide good sustenance, for a good period of time.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
This is only for a medical marijuana dispensary; that's the only thing legal, at this point in time.

there are many unfortunate people
who have been swept up by the coming depression
we are going to make sure that people don't go hungry

by providing sacks of beans, rice....

I keep close track of the economy, here and globally
it certainly doesn't look good from where I'm sitting
and as mentioned, I am very good with data and analysis

that was my life

just thought it would be good to prepare, just in case

Well as long as it is you ordering me around and you handing me beans and rice (as you eat steak and caviar?) to live on I guess it is alright. My freedoms mean nothing and I'm sure you are very good at taking care of me and my family. Thank you for relieving me of this burden and being so wise. Besides finding my own food it is a pain in the ass to track down sex. Will there be government provided conjugal buddies or is it enough fucking me over everyday?

:joint:

G

Guest 88950

and as for the price going down and drug dealers(alot of you guy's) losing money that is just as dumb it's not the illegality of weed that has the price so high it's demand

the demand will be reflected in the price but i disagree with you about the price dropping.

if its regulated and legal then the plant limits will disappear and when a legit commercial grower can grow 10 of thousands of plants then economies of scale play a part and the price will drop.

the demand will be reflected in the price but i disagree with you about the price dropping.

if its regulated and legal then the plant limits will disappear and when a legit commercial grower can grow 10 of thousands of plants then economies of scale play a part and the price will drop.
The supply in CA is increasing dramatically with the rush to establish mmj delivery services, and dispensaries, and the price is dropping.

the money supply is also dropping

Well as long as it is you ordering me around and you handing me beans and rice (as you eat steak and caviar?) to live on I guess it is alright. My freedoms mean nothing and I'm sure you are very good at taking care of me and my family. Thank you for relieving me of this burden and being so wise. Besides finding my own food it is a pain in the ass to track down sex. Will there be government provided conjugal buddies or is it enough fucking me over everyday?

not too worry Hs,

nobody's ordering you around

nobody's going to be providing for you either

you have the freedom to continue doing, what you are doing.

There is NO SUCH THING as independent PRODUCERS in a NATIONALIZED industry. Words have meanings even if we are in Orwellian times.

we're peoplelizing a slice of the mmj market,
by opening a not-for-profit medical marijuana dispensary
to save for the rainy day that's highly likely to come

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
not too worry hs,

nobody's ordering you around

nobody's going to be providing for you either

you have the freedom to continue doing, what you are doing.

Well you can't NATIONALIZE something and then allow freemen to compete with the government (check history). If the gvt. and all others are free to compete than an industry is NOT NATIONALIZED.

I'm glad I wont get punished or provided for, but if so it makes the question in this thread invalid.

The needs of the people be damned. I don't get it. Its like all of history will tell you that nationalizing anything will not meet the needs of the people but stifle them.

This mentality must die. Why can't we leave these old worn out ideas back in the dark ages where they belong.

Its as if you must not actually achieve the good of the people but only have the best intentions.

If you want to help the people and satisfy there needs then go for it. Work yourself into the grave for them. Just leave me out of it. Don't go off about enslaving an entire industry and then call it moral.

You and you alone are more the welcome to spill all the blood, sweet and tears you want for what ever the hell it is you call the people. Just keep the disaster to your own life.

Exactly.

But to answer the question, lets use Cuba as a model. Nationalized everything 60 years ago. Pay is same as 60 years ago. So:

Trimmers - 12 cents/day
Cutters - 12 cents/day
Growers - 12 cents/day
Independent growers - 12 cent bullet to head.

Well you can't NATIONALIZE something and then allow freemen to compete with the government (check history). If the gvt. and all others are free to compete than an industry is NOT NATIONALIZED.

I'm glad I wont get punished or provided for, but if so it makes the question in this thread invalid.

we're simply peoplelizing a slice of the mmj market

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Nationalize away comrade.

I'ma do what I do regardless.

Cannabis production is already "people-ized". That's starting to change, however..

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I think "legalization" is a misnomer that encompasses a large stratum of strategies to legitimize Cannabis. However, few, if any of these strategies, are truly "legalization".

I think MMJ has done about all it can for us on this issue. It's time to make the real argument behind this issue- what business is it of the Government what chemicals I decide to put in my body?

Medicine shouldn't be expensive, but drugs are. There is an important distinction there, in my opinion. (Though admittedly, few would agree with the distinction I am trying to make. I'm reading a thread on a medical forum where they are trying to isolate the two terms..)

Last edited:
I think "legalization" is a misnomer that encompasses a large stratum of strategies to legitimize Cannabis. However, few, if any of these strategies, are truly "legalization".

I think MMJ has done about all it can for us on this issue. It's time to make the real argument behind this issue- what business is it of the Government what chemicals I decide to put in my body?

True. I feel as though there should be separate political lobbying, one for medical use, whereas people need it, and one for recreation use whereas the govenrment should not be regulating me consuming this plant if I am not harming anyone else.

I don't think there would be much resistance on the medical front when it comes to MMJ if recreational use was completely disconnected from MMJ. In my opinion, I think the general public does recognize MMJ as a way to help people medically, but that a patient has to be on the deathbed or suffer from some incurable disease. Yes, while there has been recent progress, in my opinion, there is still alot of hesitation around the country because there is an perception that MMJ is being used as an front to legalize what people know to be the drug, marijuana.

This thread is related to growing. And maybe its just me, but I cannot discerne whether or not someone is talking about growing for medical dispensaries or the recreation on a commericial scale.

If it's recreation, then it should be private. If it's medical, well, I'm torn. I can see hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Emory, etc., doing good work and growing excellent MMJ for patients. But I also recognize 100% nationalization wouldn't be the best answer, so a better solution may be a mix of private and nationalized.

9. Can There Be A "Mixed" Social System?

There can be no social system which is a mixture of Individualism and Collectivism. Either individual rights are recognized in a society, or they are not recognized. They cannot be half-recognized.
What frequently happens, however, is that a society based on Individualism does not have the courage, integrity and intelligence to observe its own principle consistently in every practical application. Through ignorance, cowardice, or mental sloppiness, such a society passes laws and accepts regulations which contradict its basic principle and violate the rights of man. To the extent of such violations, society perpetrates injustices, evils, and abuses. If the breaches are not corrected, society collapses into the chaos of Collectivism.
When you see a society that recognizes man's rights in some of its laws but not in others, do not hail it as a "mixed " system and do not conclude that a compromise between basic principles, opposed in theory, can be made to work in practice. Such a society is not working; it is merely disintegrating. Disintegration takes time. Nothing falls to pieces immediately -- neither a human body nor a human society.

http://www.laissez-fairerepublic.com/textbook.htm

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The needs of the people be damned. I don't get it. Its like all of history will tell you that nationalizing anything will not meet the needs of the people but stifle them.

This mentality must die. Why can't we leave these old worn out ideas back in the dark ages where they belong.

Its as if you must not actually achieve the good of the people but only have the best intentions.

If you want to help the people and satisfy there needs then go for it. Work yourself into the grave for them. Just leave me out of it. Don't go off about enslaving an entire industry and then call it moral.

You and you alone are more the welcome to spill all the blood, sweet and tears you want for what ever the hell it is you call the people. Just keep the disaster to your own life.

But i promise not to talk politics all the time and i will never get into one of those nasty arguments we all hate so much.

Is the name Botanist a case of bait and switch? Almost all your 342 posts are in fact political, not about plants or botany at all.
To me arguing about politics is like arguing about religion, who cares, and it is a waste of time as most peoples minds are already made up. Botanist, I would like you to keep your promise, stop with all the politics already....... or just do as most politicians you seem to hate, and lie.

-SamS

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
True. I feel as though there should be separate political lobbying, one for medical use, whereas people need it, and one for recreation use whereas the govenrment should not be regulating me consuming this plant if I am not harming anyone else.

I don't think there would be much resistance on the medical front when it comes to MMJ if recreational use was completely disconnected from MMJ. In my opinion, I think the general public does recognize MMJ as a way to help people medically, but that a patient has to be on the deathbed or suffer from some incurable disease. Yes, while there has been recent progress, in my opinion, there is still alot of hesitation around the country because there is an perception that MMJ is being used as an front to legalize what people know to be the drug, marijuana.

This thread is related to growing. And maybe its just me, but I cannot discerne whether or not someone is talking about growing for medical dispensaries or the recreation on a commericial scale.

If it's recreation, then it should be private. If it's medical, well, I'm torn. I can see hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Emory, etc., doing good work and growing excellent MMJ for patients. But I also recognize 100% nationalization wouldn't be the best answer, so a better solution may be a mix of private and nationalized.

These are good points. There are two distinct sides to this issue, and I find it difficult to believe that there is a chance of legislating one without infringing on the other.

What's to say, though, that allowing private entities to produce and distribute Cannabis with little to no regulation would prevent those places of Medical Research from producing effective cannabinoid-based medicines? Wouldn't deregulation (ie no nationalization) help both sides of the Cannabis industry? (The two sides being recreational and medicinal-These questions are aimed at no one person..)

If, say, Johns Hopkins didn't have to jump through so many hoops with the FDA and the like, isn't it reasonable to assume that more research would get done?

Latest posts

Latest posts