What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should we Peoplelize marijuana

G

Guest 88950

...In closing, I think the main subject of this thread is how can we give as much control and power to patients and growers when it comes to cannabis while minimizing government and corporate direct and indirect influence...

i use Cannabis to get relief of sever spasticity from a SCI and the best thing would be to make it legal for me and a caregiver to grow my own meds.

it would be nice to be able to buy it at a reasonable price but its still at black market prices even in medical states. i know there are caring collectives that dont rake patients over the coals but it seems there is is alot of greed when you look at the end price per oz.

the problem that i see is that most have a difficult time accepting the fact that Cannabis is used for Medical and recreation purposes.

i think the focus should be getting Cannabis legal and regulated similar to alcohol b/c then the Medicinal Cannabis Nightmare can be avoided.

the nightmare i see is ALL the FDA approval required for ANYTHING medical. the Edibles would have to conform to existing standards for food production facilities.

if Cannabis was legal for recreational use then i could bypass a dr visit, save money and buy my meds in a store. i would still chose to grow b/c it is addictive and i love every aspect of growing Cannabis and maybe 10 yrs down the road ill be able to start to breed for specific traits that best suit ME.

Last edited:
i use Cannabis to get relief of sever spasticity from a SCI and the best thing would be to make it legal for me and a caregiver to grow my own meds.

it would be nice to be able to buy it at a reasonable price but its still at black market prices even in medical states. i know there are caring collectives that dont rake patients over the coals but it seems there is is alot of greed when you look at the end price per oz.

the problem that i see is that most have a difficult time accepting the fact that Cannabis is used for Medical and recreation purposes.

i think the focus should be getting Cannabis legal and regulated similar to alcohol b/c then the Medicinal Cannabis Nightmare can be avoided.

the nightmare i see is ALL the FDA approval required for ANYTHING medical. the Edibles would have to conform to existing standards for food production facilities.

if Cannabis was legal for recreational use then i could bypass a dr visit, save money and buy my meds in a store. i would still chose to grow b/c it is addictive and i love every aspect of growing Cannabis and maybe 10 yrs down the road ill be able to start to breed for specific traits that best suit ME.
i thought about some of the same, SSH, and anyone with any major illness, should receive a lifetime license.

the once a year is bullcrap

the price is coming down, and their are good buys
but if you switch to someone new
you never know what you are getting

vta

Veteran
the price is coming down, and their are good buys

All depends on where you are at. A lot of people live in LA and the prices are going up now that the number of clubs have been slashed. Also, every club I joined in Santa Barbara started at either 50 or 60 caps...then they went up to 70-75.

The Truth is cannabis will be cheaper if this passes. No doubt.

basically, if CA legalizes mj, it will be throwing the keys

to a bunch of corrupt politicians, and union hacks

You forgot one thing....80,000 arrests wont take place either.

All depends on where you are at. A lot of people live in LA and the prices are going up now that the number of clubs have been slashed. Also, every club I joined in Santa Barbara started at either 50 or 60 caps...then they went up to 70-75.

The Truth is cannabis will be cheaper if this passes. No doubt.

You forgot one thing....80,000 arrests wont take place either.

well let's just say, around here the prices are going down

the price will continue to go down, regardless, as more mmj patients are growing

with mmj, supply is increasing faster than demand

hell of a price to pay for "injustice"

left alone, a year from now, growers could own the industry

That's part of my dream and why I became an agricultural major. Well, the growing part, not the corrupt politician or union hack. :) My minor was in turfgrass, but I'm thinking about changing it to Plant Pathology to help others properly identify symptoms of disease and help pevent vector from transimitting diseases to their gardens.
we can use you...it may not pay much initially...but with time

we can use you...it may not pay much initially...but with time

I already knew from the start that when I chose to pursue a degree for a career related to agriculture and horticulture, that I wasn't going to get paid much initially. I changed my way of thinking, my lifestyle and got accustomed to living with only what I need to survive, not want I want. Specifically, I think that any part of the cannabis industry will need people who can diagnose and possible treat pathogens that harm cannabis, and that is where I want to help.

MV, the Md of THC.

Hehe! I hope so!

Cannabis will always be a part of my life, but I still have non-cannabis related career goals that I feel passionately about.

My avatar is a picture of a plant in flower called Pineapple Guava. It's scientifically recognized by two names, Feijoa sellowiana and Acca sellowiana. Where I live know, it's only used in landscaping. Mainly in California, Australia and New Zealand, it's also grown for its fruit.

I did a paper/project for a class and I fell in love with the plant. It's flowers are gorgeous and it's fruit is delicious. The fruit is not in season where I live so we had to ship it in from New Zealand through airmail. Alot of the information my group and I found was often contradictory and scattered. I would like to make a career out of studying this plant so that everyone can enjoy this wonderful plant.

I haven't smoked in over a year, I will always love cannabis. Turning my love of it into a career would one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. I cannot wait to start my first grow.

Hehe! I hope so!

Cannabis will always be a part of my life, but I still have non-cannabis related career goals that I feel passionately about.

My avatar is a picture of a plant in flower called Pineapple Guava. It's scientifically recognized by two names, Feijoa sellowiana and Acca sellowiana. Where I live know, it's only used in landscaping. Mainly in California, Australia and New Zealand, it's also grown for its fruit.

I did a paper/project for a class and I fell in love with the plant. It's flowers are gorgeous and it's fruit is delicious. The fruit is not in season where I live so we had to ship it in from New Zealand through airmail. Alot of the information my group and I found was often contradictory and scattered. I would like to make a career out of studying this plant so that everyone can enjoy this wonderful plant.

I haven't smoked in over a year, I will always love cannabis. Turning my love of it into a career would one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. I cannot wait to start my first grow.
has anyone ever done a fully linked database on cannabis?

a clearer presentation..
it's what i do in my free time
and it's all free time

Year.......Income..Outgo....Deficit
FY2002 -- 1.853 -- 2.011 -- 0.158 Trillion
FY2003 -- 1.783 -- 2.160 -- 0.378 Trillion
FY2004 -- 1.880 -- 2.293 -- 0.413 Trillion
FY2005 -- 2.154 -- 2.472 -- 0.318 Trillion
FY2006 -- 2.407 -- 2.655 -- 0.348 Trillion
FY2007 -- 2.568 -- 2.731 -- 0.163 Trillion

Total Federal Revenue (in Trillions)
FY2008 = $2.524