What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY - Build a Carbon Scrubber For Dummies!

redwurm

For anyone stumbling upon this looking for a cheap solution, a few words of wisdom from somebody who just built one.

Buy the carbon ONLINE. I spent way too much $$ buying the carbon from the pet store. Had to make 3 separate trips. Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, get some screen door material and wrap that around the outer core. Not only will it make it much easier to get some panty hose over the top, but it does a really good job of keeping the carbon in.

Lastly, and this was the most important piece to get this working as advertised. Pack the carbon in TIGHT. Bang thing the thing on the ground, shake it and get it as tight as possible. My first go at it was too lose and I had to run to the store for a 3rd time to get more carbon. The guy at the grow shop told me that a lot of the filter manufacturers have machinery that shakes the carbon in tight into the filter, so try you're best to really get it in there.

Mine's been going 2 days now with the carbon packed in as tight as 1 person can get it and the area has been smell free.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
This scrubber works killer. And we don't have to pay out the ass for it.. Love it.

sackO

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Haaa this thread again. I definitely built one using this thread years ago and worked VERY well. I really put in the time and effort to make it work and was rewarded for my efforts. Mine worked for years but I finally had to take it apart and throw it away when smell was finally getting through (gorilla glue). Looking back though I would recommend anybody who is going to be using one for anything larger than a grow tent to go ahead and buy a pre made one though. I had made mine for a walk in closet and had it sized accordingly. I think I might have broke even cost wise compared to just buying one.

Right after I took it down use, broke it down, and threw it away.

picture.php

New one

picture.php

Vandenberg

Bumping an informative thread.

Carbon filters are the only way to fly, especially if " Big Brother" is out sniffin' around prohibition- Ville looking for probable cause to take you out.
No odor whatsoever is a beautiful thing in this game.

Vandenberg :)
ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

Latest posts

Latest posts