What's new

Is this normal?

Limolax

Hi everyone
I know in general most plants lose leaves during their lifetime. I have 6 seedlings. They are between 3 to 4 weeks old and most have 4 sets of true leaves and working on the fifth. On most of them the cotyledon leaves (1st set) are getting yellow and wiltering. Some are compelitely yellow and dried. Is this normal?
Another question. If I wanna repot them, is it ok if I put the plants in deeper up to first set of leaves? I mean is it ok for the stem to be buried in soil? I think they are too tall. The distance between nodes are ok they grow tall cause they were too far from light the first week.
Thanks

Hi everyone
I know in general most plants lose leaves during their lifetime. I have 6 seedlings. They are between 3 to 4 weeks old and most have 4 sets of true leaves and working on the fifth. On most of them the cotyledon leaves (1st set) are getting yellow and wiltering. Some are compelitely yellow and dried. Is this normal?
Another question. If I wanna repot them, is it ok if I put the plants in deeper up to first set of leaves? I mean is it ok for the stem to be buried in soil? I think they are too tall. The distance between nodes are ok they grow tall cause they were too far from light the first week.
Thanks

Yes it is normal !!

S

sourpuss

Supposedly it will increase yield if you bury it deep. More roots.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You can bury them right up to the first set of leaves if you want, I do it all the time. Sometimes when I start seeds I can't have the light as close as I would like. Because I have a tray of clones under the same light.

So if the seedlings stretch, I bury them up to their "necks" . Then once I can keep the light nice and close, they start to stack nodes like normal.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
perfectly normal and yes bury her deep like sourpuss said it will expand the root system thus increasing overall vigor and yeild

S

sourpuss

Whatcha growing? Got some cool beans? looks like your fairly new. Welcome!

Limolax

Yeah I got some nice beans but saving them for later. I am just growing bag seeds to learn from this experience. So later on I can apply the newly learned knowledge on the cool beans ;) I am growing in coco and peat for now but gonna try real soil and organics eventually. Thanks again for all the great advice

vostok

Veteran
Hi everyone
Thanks

a pic is nice ...potup to a 3 gallon black plastic pot with 30% perlite and a quality soil, water well, I prefer to insert the plant at pot up time to the soil level of the previous pot, look to balancing your kelvin of your light, go for an equal of warm white and cool white

Limolax

Buried them deep and watered them the day after. They seem fine to me. I actually buried 3 tallest one and didn't touch other 3. I guess time will tell what the impact was on them. I am planning to transplant them into bigger pots and using real soil and organics. Thanks for all the great advice everyone. Wish me luck ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts