What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should I still lollipop?

tmaht

Hey folks, so things have been real crazy lately and I've been away from my house for a couple weeks now. My roommate has been taking care of my grow and for the most part doing a stellar job. One problem is that I forgot to have him lollipop the plants. I got back yesterday and the plants are a lot bigger than I thought they would be. Based on the space (4x4x7), I don't think I could afford to veg for another week and thats considering a heavy SCROG.

So, the question is, do I lollipop right before flipping to 12/12 or do I just leave as is? Will the stress do more harm than having the lowers suck energy and nutrients?

Former Guest

You want to lollipop to help with airflow and direct energy up to the top. They won't get enough light. You just have to have it complete 2 weeks after flipping the light schedule to 12/12.

Granger2

Veteran
Pruning, properly done, causes little if any stress to plants. That's especially true of lollypopping. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts