What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HPS 150 W transformer

Gabri

Hello!

My name's Gabriel and I'm new on the forum!

I just started a new adventure and I'm using a HPS bulb with this transformer:

http://www.etisa.com/doc/ual/UAL CL1 HPS MH 150W.pdf

Before I was using a CFL and my concern is about the temperature it reaches, it seems very high! For space constraints is now put on the top of a forniture. Since the hot air there is more concentrated do you think it could create problem? My apartment is pretty hot in this period (around 23-24, sometimes even 25 °C!!). Maybe shall I buy a fan and point it to the transformer?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and wish me good luck!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
That much heat could damage the furniture, especially if it has a varnish or plastic type wrap on it. Better put a ceramic tile under it or something that is a good heat insulator and won't catch fire. Ballasts are designed to work at high temperature, this is why they should be outside the growspace. That beeing said, there's no need to cool it.

Good luck with your grow! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts