What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DAY 47 above soil, Leafs are yellowing!

seedybl

Hi!

At week 5 the lower leafs are yellowing on my Northern Light plant.
I use 120W CFL, 120mm intake, circulation fan, charcoal filter & fan with 145m3/h.

Plant is in a 12L box with Gold label special mix soil.
I have watered it since it started bloom about 3weeks ago with 1,5ml Goldlabel Soil A+B per 1L water.
I usually water them every 2nd day or so.

It looks to me like Iron deficiency or something i have tried to look on other threads.
PLEASE HELP

Also i have a grow diary if that helps.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298975

moses wellfleet

Veteran
That container looks transparent and may be exposing the roots to light, not sure if that could cause the yellowing!

HarvestMoon303

My lowest leaves always like to turn yellow, especially from seed. I usually up the N and Mg a little bit, and cut them off.

seedybl

Ok!

Also one or 2 leafs have been "shredded" at the tip.

Should i transplant it to a larger container that is not transparent?

Or will that stress it too much?

H

hello/Banana

hello,

the damaged leaf looks like someone / thing has broken it.

- unless there is any likelihood of caterpillars or something ?

---------

your plant looks a bit over fed, and the container is pretty big so should really have enough food left, so i think it could just be natural yellowing due to abundance of nutrients in the soil.

i think you should feed it mostly just B (a doesn't have any phosphorous in it), and i am not sure it needs much more nitrogen baring in mind container size (???)

those would be my guesses!

regards

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok!

Also one or 2 leafs have been "shredded" at the tip.

Should i transplant it to a larger container that is not transparent?

Or will that stress it too much?
It is too late to transplant at this point, try fit it into another container to block the light or cover the sides somehow to keep light away from the roots!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Nothing to be worried about here, just the plant naturally transporting Nitrogen upwards towards the top of the plant. It'll do this when it's short of it, so bump up the N if the yellowing travels further up the plant. You're on day 47 of flowering you said? Usually N will start leaving leaves around this time so if you are this late in flower then leave it be and let the plant naturally shed the leaves. All of this is normal, no worries!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Edit: if you're this late in flower then just feed with water and let the plant fade out like you're beginning to see. This is what you want, it's called senescence and will result in a smoother smoke compared to a dark green plant still full of Nitrogen. Are you in living soil? Soilless mix? Are you using a bottled feeding regimen?

seedybl

It's 47 days since it showed up from the soil, So it has been in flower for atleast 4 weeks now.

Im using Gold label special mix soil and the A+B nutrients.
Someone told me i could skip the A and only go with B from now on.
And ofcourse end it with just plain water the last 3 weeks.

Former Guest

If it is around 60-65 days it's yellowing in time. If it takes longer, feed an additional week. Your plant should last until the harvest date as is. You want all the fan leaves to fade and the yellow will start at the bottom and work it's way up.

nutrient_deficiency_flowchart.gif

iTarzan

Whenever leaves start to yellow and drop off from the bottom of the plant the first thing I think of is root bound. It can also just be a natural tendency as a plant ages. They will cannibalize some leaves.

If you are worried about the roots getting light just wrap the pot in aluminum foil.

I would not be worried about a few yellow older leaves. Grow on!

seedybl

I wrapped the container with black garbage bags so i dont think the light will get to them anymore, None of the leafs with buds on the stems are getting any yellow so i think it's like you guys said, Age..

Will keep watch and thanks for the help.