What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revegging question.. does the plant keep flowering at first under veg lighting?

farmari

Just wondering if a plant in late flowering will keep flowering for a little while if the lighting is changed to 18/6 or 20/4 or whatever.
Will buds keep growing until it starts to reveg instead, or will it sort of freeze in time until the reveg starts a month later?

All of my plants are ready to harvest except one. I'd like to take the one a couple more weeks and also would like to reveg it after. I'd also like to put my vegging plants in the flowering room and veg them in there ASAP. So either I harvest early while letting it reveg with the vegging plants,

or add the veg plants while changing the lighting to 20/4 and harvest when it begins to reveg,

or let it flower longer, then add the veg plants when it's done.

What do you all think?

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
I always allow about a 2 wk time frame for plant conversion, when switching to 12/12 I don't look for any type of pistils to form for about 2wks, I would do the same if not a month for re-vegging; gives the plant time to switch up and keeps me from constantly going in the grow room looking/watching/waiting to see/expecting changes.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
They pretty much stall. I always try to remove as much bud as possible. Sometimes the first new shoots can be quite cyrstally.

Can u manually put her in the dark?
I think I would chop very last then go for re-veg
Good luck

farmari

Thanks for the replies everyone! Much appreciated. Guess I should let it flower out. I might try letting it finish flowering in the veg tent, letting the vegging plants veg in the flowering room.

the buds will not increase in size while in Veg, and i harvest them when the new foliage is up. It takes careful trim work to avoid damaging the tender new shoots. One indica Plant I revegged took longer than the others and I left a large piece of bud on it where the new stem was sticking out until i was sure it was strong enough to get pruned out.

didn't think this deserved its own thread.

just found and fixed a huge light leak which caused ~50% of the plants to reveg at about 5 weeks. now they are producing calyxes again and i am wondering if these will become new buds with their own full growth cycle or does the plant pick up where it left off a month ago? i left all the buds on as i was planning to scrap them until i noticed they were reflowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts