What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Damn med researcher that has got to SUCK major dude, I feel ya, they really do like to rip us off, they seem to think everyone who grows pot grows it for money and they think because there is a ton of money in the business that they can charge what they do for them; they need to think again and stop smoking so much!

I feel bad for everyone who has had the problem with these huts, I for one had one problem with my plants early when I started my 2nd grow and I could not figure what was wrong, but in the end I found out what had happend and the stress it caused me blew my mind; so for all of you who spent big money on stuff and on beans and lost them all; I could never feel what you felt, but I know how it feels to not be able to fix something you have no idea about..... I would have lost all my hair if I was in the situation you guys are in right now......

Everyone has the right to be very very pissed, because I know shit happens, but at least they should NOTIFY companies who carry these huts and post them in places and such like they do with recalls, even though they are giving them away, they have not posted nothing so they are trying to hide it sorta, but not letting everyone know, but if someone does find out they replace them to try to keep there name in good sake.
SO in a way the company is still shady as hell.

lovebushes

I completely agree about them posting it somewhere, this problem hurt tremendously. They just contacted me and they dont have frames for the 52.5 x 52.5 so they are sending me a complete 54.5 x 54.5 which is great but I must ask why they are so quick to send me such a valuable product for free unless they know there is a serious issue with the old one. And if this is the case why are they not letting more people know to save them from what happened to me? Money-those bastards- I am truly glad there is a site like this or I will still be freakin out. Thanks-
Later

Grinchy

Kr@kEn said:
Your plants look torched and underwatered. I have been growing in a hydrohut for well over a year and have had no such problems.

I killed over 200 plants in this shitty hut. No problems with new poles. Thanks for the advice but it was the poles. I tried all types of conditions, probably onesyou would say were perfect, hydro and soil. They all ended up looking like that. I changed every conditional parameter and nothing helped. Except the new poles. Weed grows easy, anyone killing massive amounts of plants in a hut might consider this problem, although I have heard of people blaming the poles and it not being the problem. I reccommend a control test outside the tent.

StiflersMom, lovebushes - who exactly did you contact? I cant find any such record of IGS or international grower's supply....just kinda wanted to try to get my poles replaced and if they are being so cool about it id like to try them, cause unfortunately, my receipt is long gone.

pm me if you want.

Thanks!

bb

G

http://www.alibaba.com/company/11358335.html

Hit "Contact Us". I can't believe how quick they were. They know it's a growing problem and have acknowledged as such. The kind gentleman did not ask for receipts and promptly said they would send out both 8x4 poles as well as 4x2 poles. <----- Stoked!

Odie-O

this is what ive been going thru for a long time now.just contacted the seller nowi need to contact the builder.hoping to get these tainted poles replaced.

thank you for shedding lite on this dark and gloomy subject.i was on the verg of giving up on growing cause nothing grow's in this damn hydrohut i bought.better off growing in a bucket!!

well got a fast response from the seller at texashydro and this is what he sent back to me.

"We have a sample hydrohut set up and everything is happy, i have not heard this rumor, and dont have any replacment poles. The manufacture would have to contact us emidiatlly if there were any such problem, futher more i have sold thousands, andyou are the first to suggest the poles are "contaminnated".

seems like all the sellers are not going with this contaminated pole therory.so i guess i'm S.O.L with this $200 dollar P.O.S i bought from these pricks at texashydro.

going try the link futher up in the thread to see what they tell me before i give up on this glorified P.O.S closet.

Last edited:
G

"have to contact us emidiatlly if there were any such problem"...? Did they really spell it like that? Is this HydroHut or some knock off? HydroHut acknowledges such a problem and sent my poles, no questions asked. Hope this helps.

Odie-O

yeah thats the copy and paste from the email he sent me lol.makes me wonder if they care about anything but making money.

sent 1 to hydrohut company..your link..and its not a knock off.that was from the seller on ebay.texashydro.will never buy from them again.

if i dont get any new poles..will try the bleach method..how long did you soak the poles and at what percent water to bleach..

thanks for any info

Last edited:
G

I soaked them in 75% bleach to water if I had to guess.

Glad you sent an email to HydroHut, they will respond and send you new poles, I guarantee they will send you new poles.

Just a quick point:

Whats interesting to me is that i bought my 4x8h-hut off of craigs list. Ive been "using" it for about 4 months now and at the moment its full of youngsters who seem to be thriving quite well. Ill try to post pics. Anyways, I remember setting this thing up and i recall specifically seeing, what appeared to be, rust on the inside of my poles. This caught my eye because i started thinking that maybe the previous owner had an over flow, or some kind of disaster (this is all after driving 2 hours home). So then i started examining the floor and it is in as good of a condition as the rest of the tent. Suspecting that perhaps the poles had been left out in the rain, i mentally wrote it off. And, point is that the rust is probably from them being soaked in something (who really knows though). Its weird though, because aren't the poles are made out of galvanized rolled steel, i believe? In other words there not supposed to rust, right?

Anyways, i have yet to contact them (h-hut)...not sure if i should, considering im not having any probs. Kinda seems wrong.

*following along closely*

streetgreen

Thank god i found this thread cause i've been beating myself up for 2months now....I've been using the hut for my veg room and clone room and I was going to start a thread in the infirmary but i am glad that other people are going threw it to cause it was killing me and my babies as soon as i put them in the room days later they would change and i thought it was the temps were to cold at night but know i see..and there getting worse

so anyone have the contact info

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I would really like to know wth is on them damn poles to cause the problem to mimic a sulfur related deficiency.... cause that is what the plants are showing; it's there in the plant for sure; for some reason those poles are causing it to be locked out and the plant can't absorb the sulfur......

Stifler can you email them and ask them why the poles were bad, what was on them?
They made of galvanized steel?

Odie-O

got an e-mail back today and they are sending new pole's.i really hope this solves the problem.

my plants are nice and health before i put them into hut.once they in there for a few weeks they go sour and never recover.also i can grow out of a regular closet and never see any such problem's.same growing setup except the hut. this is to answer the above poster's question on how i can point the finger at the hut being the problem.i thought it may be a lack of air flow.but i have 2 fan's running constantly.also have a vent tube setup to let fresh air in.

but no worries.have to wait and hope this help's.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Odie it will I have not seen one person who still had the problem after receving new poles.

Odie what are those poles made of can you take a pic and post it here?

Did you ask them what may be causing the problem?

lovebushes

I recieved the new H-Hut but cant tell yet about changes. I sent them anther E-mail to ask what exactly could be the cause- I cannot understand what would do this. I had a Mag./Cal. and Sulfur deficiency and I understand a bit of what im doing but for a vapor from some kind galvanizing or rinse they used in processing the metal to cause a lockout like that seems very strange. I believe they have an idea or they wouldnt be so fast to replace the product. I will post any response I recieve.

G

I just received my new poles, and not only did they only send poles for the smaller Hut 4x2, but these ones aren't white coated like I read other people had received. Mine look exactly the same, just cleaner. Lovebushes did you receive similar colored poles? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Latest posts