What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird Leafs on my plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

sproutco

Veteran
CaptJamesTKirk said:
Is this Panseys or Dasieys?
Really all plants. In order for plants to use nitrate nitrogen, it must first be reduced in something called nitrate reduction. This requires boron. When there is a boron def, nitrogen begins to accumulate in the leaves, stems, and roots. It is not able to be used but only stored. Of course you know giving a plant nitrogen gives it a dark green color. So this build up of nitrogen gives the plant almost a healthy green color. But, little or no growth is occurring or it may be deformed. Amino acid synthesis is also stopped so growth comes to almost a halt. :kos:

Sorry Sproutco. I was going todo a DWC setup. But the nutes thing kinda scared me away. Just a little too much for a new grower. So I decided to just go with streight soil for my first grow. I figured worst comes to worst water will keep then going fine. They are weeds they will grow. But dude I was looking thru your gallery and you don't really have one weed pic. Other than small images of partial plants. Even DG says not to listen to you without proof to back it up.

On the bottle of nutes I have it says to mix 5ml per 5 liters. Why would I increase that by 5x. I dunno man. Your info is dawnting to the mind. Thanks for the help though.

I plan on taking some clones in the near future and keeping a mum of this strain so I can grow it again and again and perfect it. I've smoked this bud before and its pretty bomb. (bud and clone from same grower).

I have master kush from DP. Before I start these I would kinda like to know what I'm doing. And I need to get my flower box up and running so that I can also do this. Right now I just have my veg box.

I am a little confused when asked if I'm using a soiless mix. I'm using Promix BX?

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Glad I looked at this thread. I have some cuttings that are doing the exact same thing. Not all of them but 2 out of 6 are. Since I had treated them all the same with nutes and such I couldn't figure out what this was.

The reveg/stress thing makes a lot of sense, thanks yall.

G

Chronic Newfie said:
Sorry Sproutco. I was going todo a DWC setup. But the nutes thing kinda scared me away. Just a little too much for a new grower. So I decided to just go with streight soil for my first grow. I figured worst comes to worst water will keep then going fine. They are weeds they will grow. But dude I was looking thru your gallery and you don't really have one weed pic. Other than small images of partial plants. Even DG says not to listen to you without proof to back it up.

On the bottle of nutes I have it says to mix 5ml per 5 liters. Why would I increase that by 5x. I dunno man. Your info is dawnting to the mind. Thanks for the help though.

I plan on taking some clones in the near future and keeping a mum of this strain so I can grow it again and again and perfect it. I've smoked this bud before and its pretty bomb. (bud and clone from same grower).

I have master kush from DP. Before I start these I would kinda like to know what I'm doing. And I need to get my flower box up and running so that I can also do this. Right now I just have my veg box.

I am a little confused when asked if I'm using a soiless mix. I'm using Promix BX?

dont get discouraged...soil is very forgiving and great for the new grower to get a feel for things and learn...Hydro problems happen alot quicker than soil but with all the talent here there is bound to be someone that can help...you'll be in hydro in no time if thats still a route you want to go...Best of luck and to many years of your own supply of kind Buds...stay safe

Update

Update

Well I have been keeping track of my PH now. My water is 7.3 tap water. I justed left it like that (knowing my nutes will lower it). My PH after mixing was 5.8. I measured the run off and it was 5.6

So I have left it at that. Do you think I should adjust my PH to 6.2 so that when it drops its 6.0 nicely in the middle? Or is 5.6 ok? Or is 5.6 too low and maybe show problems?

To be honest I'm kinda not too worried. The new growth looks amazing. The weird leaf deformations have seemed to totally stop. All the new growth now look like MJ leaves I'm used to seeing! Nice 3 and 5 fingered leaves.

Here are some new pics.

Last edited:

mace_ecam

thats an easy one

the plants look like they're revegging!

I was also told (you could kinda tell) that they were cut while the plant was in flower.
its all normal

merry xmas everybody, hoho fucking ho

mace

G

glad to her they are looking better...I say keep up the good work...best of luck

Stoney

Plant is looking beautiful! If you're worried about which nutes lock out at what PH level, there's a comprehensive guide of sick plants in the infirmary part of this forum that has vast amounts of knowledge on PH levels etc,, its the first sticky there in the infirmary :) I use a PH level of 6.0-6.5,, its not a science for me really and it seems to be working just fine :kos:

Would anyone recommend using liquid karma for re-vegging? or should you just use correct PH water till everything is normal?

Last edited:
G

I got a big laugh out of this thread....

Clearly the clones were taken in flowering mode and had to reveg....

The biggest laugh though I got was about boron....

like duh.....

I would be very suprised if anyone actually knows what a boron deficiency actually looks like in cannabis....

That includes any of the sick plant guides...

Since there is no consistancy between any of them.....

Highway dont know.... mynamestitch dont know and sproutco dont know....

JMO.....

Hey hurricane.... I love the pic of your? dog..... he looks like a cool head....

lol.....

Last edited:
G

Thanks Budley...Sir Baby Hannabil Lictor.....found him @ 3 months old almost dead of parvo...Nursed him back but he was never right in the head....Tuff and only really liked me and my girl..Sucked.....I found him a good home with a friend of mine who he did like...I keep many Pits and didnt need his aggresion But he was cool ....stay safe and Happy HoliDaze

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Chronic Newfie said:
Well I have been keeping track of my PH now. My water is 7.3 tap water. I justed left it like that (knowing my nutes will lower it). My PH after mixing was 5.8. I measured the run off and it was 5.6

So I have left it at that. Do you think I should adjust my PH to 6.2 so that when it drops its 6.0 nicely in the middle? Or is 5.6 ok? Or is 5.6 too low and maybe show problems?

To be honest I'm kinda not too worried. The new growth looks amazing. The weird leaf deformations have seemed to totally stop. All the new growth now look like MJ leaves I'm used to seeing! Nice 3 and 5 fingered leaves.

He's using tap water so theres not much chance hes experiencing any of the following deficiencies, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and most of all boron. Tap water contains plenty. And to answer the other question, yes, 5.6 ph is too low for proper feeding, use ph up to get that somewhere around 6.2-6.5

G

Chronic Newfie said:
Hurricane your KG looks insane dude! Hope I can grow like that someday omg. Nice job man.

Nice dogs too!

thankyou very much...she was a light feeder...never went over 500ppms...she just didnt need it......in due time and a lil experience under the belt you could be showing me how it's done...i'll be a student till I die...stay safe... Happy Holidaze and Merry Christmas...some Biko @ 30 days

I put some seeds under paper towel yesterday in a 2 stage rubbermaid contain. Water one side and paper towel and seeds on the other. After 1 day my master kush seeds have cracked. So excited!

My girls are under a 400w light now. Its a Sun Master Natural Deluxe. I wanted the Cool Blue Deluxe but I didn't have enough cash with me at the time so I just took the natural deluxe. Think its more of a yellow spectrum than blue. Bright none the less

They seem to have a light green color to the middle of the new growth. I'll take a picture right now to show you guys.

This is the AK-47 LST'd

Here are both AK-47's in their c22 under 400w MH. You will notice that there is a bowl of water. My meter has been reading 20% humidity since I put it in there. So I tried a bowl of water to maybe increase the humidity. No dice. Been in there for a full day and the humidity hasn't changed. I have another meter in my other box I'm gonna throw in here to test and make sure this one is reading correctly. 20% just sounds wrong. But there is ALOT of air flow going thru this box so maybe it really is 20%.

Here is a pic of the AK-47 that I haven't done nothing to. I call her the mutant. You can see the leaves are very.. hmm ruffled. The other ak-47 is like this too but not nearly as bad.

I find I see the most defined growth when the soil is very dry. What I've been doing is feeding them till I see them start to run off water. Then I leave them and dont' water/feed till the soil looks very dry on top. This usually takes 2-3 days. The girls are ready for a feeding right now. Just dunno if I should feed streight water or give them my regular nutes I've been giving them.

I can't wait to plant my MK and HPxWW!! The seeds have cracked. Here are some pics of some clones I cut. I took GMT's Lazy advise and they seem to be doing ok I guess... They aren't totally dead yet. They look somewhat healthy. Just droppy.

Main and most important question. Streight water or add nutes? They are ready for it right now. Soil is pretty dry.

sproutco

Veteran
Verite said:
He's using tap water so theres not much chance hes experiencing any of the following deficiencies, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and most of all boron. Tap water contains plenty.
That's not right.

sproutco

Veteran
Chronic Newfie said:
They seem to have a light green color to the middle of the new growth...

Main and most important question. Streight water or add nutes? They are ready for it right now. Soil is pretty dry.
Sounds like micronutrient deficiency. Feed weakly with every watering. Adjust fert water ph to 5.8 to 6.0 after mixing. This is important because too high a ph reduces micronutrient uptake. Range of ph that's ok in promix is 5.6 to 6.2 Mist clones that appear droopy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts