What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going Ace! Golden Tiger, Red Sapphire, Killer Haze, Tikal and more!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up boys and gals, time to explore some real head ringing sativas! Not much experience with Ace Seeds yet... I have grown Erdpurt outdoors many moons ago, but this will be my first time growing pure Sativas from Ace, along with some mixes.

I grew up in south america smoking strickly on sativas. Mostly Paraguaian brick weed. The quality was terrible, but sometimes you will catch some really strong sativas that would get you tripping hard. Similar to the experiences shared on the "search for trippy weed" thread. Not sure if it was my tolerance at the time or just the sativa power! Those were the best high's i've encountered in my life! I remember seeing different colors and not knowing where I was, walking completely lost on the streets where I grew up lol

Recently I had acquired a nice selection of Ace strains, some fem some reg. We will be getting into the fem lines for now!

The first ones on the line are Golden Tiger and Red Sapphire. I also popped a Malawi Auto for some outdoor projects I have in mind! I put 1 of each to germinate around 36 hours ago straight into peat puck with some mycos. I expect to see signs of life within the next day or two!

I will be doing the same to a Neville Malawi and a Tikal in a few days.

These will be vegged for at least a 7 weeks. 4" for 3 weeks or so, than 1 gallon pots, for another month, and then 3 gallon pots till its time to flower. Gonna try to train and top them a lot to keep them at manageable height. Once the flower room is harvested (8 weeks or so from now), they will be transplanted to 15 gallon smart pots with organic soil, veg'd for a few days and flowered under 11/13 lights. Each 15 gallon pot is directly under a 50w led COB.

Sounds simple? Well, we shall see, just had a slightly battle with broad mites, they seem gone, but they need to stay away to let us get this party going, so fingers crossed we wont be seeing those fuckers around no more!

I will try my best to keep these as happy as they deserve, and comes harvest time they will do the same to me :)

I'm not too familiar with any of these strains, so I will need to do some research in the meantime while they veg.

Any suggestions, tips, critics are appreciated! :tiphat:

:rasta:

YukonKronic

Sweeeet. Nice lineup... I think you might need a lot of headroom for a GT vegged 7 weeks.. they go up to 4x stretch in extreme cases. Almost always double to 3x in my experience. I scrogged 7 plants that went from solo cups to a 1 month veg in soil box and without screen and training they would have been around 4 feet tall at the end...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Buddah Watcha,

Thanks for supporting our work and for choosing ACE genetics for your current grow! :)

My uruguayan friends also told me the same about the paraguayan sativas of the 80s and 90's .... some paraguayan sativa batches were of poor quality and terrible treated post harvest, but some batches were of excellent quality delivering the uplifting and psychedelic effects you experienced from your best paraguayan sativa samples.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in that sense if you grow properly Tikal, Super Malawi Haze, Killer A5 Haze or Golden Tiger. Good luck with your grow! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Sweeeet. Nice lineup... I think you might need a lot of headroom for a GT vegged 7 weeks.. they go up to 4x stretch in extreme cases. Almost always double to 3x in my experience. I scrogged 7 plants that went from solo cups to a 1 month veg in soil box and without screen and training they would have been around 4 feet tall at the end...

Thanks dude, I guess I will try to top them a lot and keep them short! I have a decent height on the room, plus I'm heavy into LST and supercrop, so I dont mind slapping them ladies a bit :huggg:

Hi Buddah Watcha,

Thanks for supporting our work and for choosing ACE genetics for your current grow!
smile.gif

My uruguayan friends also told me the same about the paraguayan sativas of the 80s and 90's .... some paraguayan sativa batches were of poor quality and terrible treated post harvest, but some batches were of excellent quality delivering the uplifting and psychedelic effects you experienced from your best paraguayan sativa samples.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed in that sense if you grow properly Tikal, Super Malawi Haze, Killer A5 Haze or Golden Tiger. Good luck with your grow!
tiphat.gif

My pleasure to support Ace! If I like what I find I will definitely be supporting a lot more! Got my hands on 7-8 different strains so I'll be digging through those, starting now!:woohoo:

I used to live close to Uruguay, so we were probably smoking similar stuff... Yes very poor quality, hydrolic pressed smoke, that you would almost break your nails trying to break into a joint. A lot of it smelled like ammonia, maybe from the fermentation process that it happened once all that herb was compressed. I wonder if that helped increase the psycho activity of the herb, like a malawi cob. I also heard that dealers used to bury the weed to make sure the popo didnt find if they came around, maybe that also helped the fermentation process.

I remember seeing some really dark weed, that was some of the best, we were lucky when that came around. We didn't really have options, walking up the slums to pick up some herb, city of god style, probably dumb move, but we were young and dumb, but glad everything worked out! Wish I knew better to save some seeds at the time...

And just a correction on the thread name, I actually have a pack of Super Malawi haze and not the Killer Haze, hopefully in the future I will run that as well, but for now I will be running the Super Malawi Haze. Sorry for the confusion!

Anyways, not much excitement right now, seeds still havent popped out. I'm expecting another day or two, temps been a bit cooler than usual.

:rasta:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So we have one golden tiger going into to flower... Vegged for around a month in 9cm pots and transfered to 2gallon bags straight to flower.... I had a bit of a battle with broad mites, hopefully things are squared off now, got some predator mites on their way to secure the facility lol

I also got a Auto Malawi around 6 weeks deep, middle stretch forming flowers, looking nice! Perfect time for a polination! Got a nice lazy lightning male about to drop pollen, might have to pollinate a branch or 2! It is Also on 2 gallon grow bag! I sprouted a 2nd one a few weeks ago, maybe Ill transfer it to the outdoors here in a few weeks once frost risk is gone... I also plan on popping another few soon for the outdoor season! I figured Id repot them around the beggining of may outside... so maybe ill start them in a week...

And on the veg room we have 2 Tikals and a Super Malawi haze! These are around 2 weeks or so old and are doing great! I will probably flower them soon tho, another 2 weeks and Ill repot to 3 gallon pots and flower! or not, we shall see what happens lol

anyways, ill post some pics in the following weeks!

peace :rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Buddah Watcha,

Glad you are about to start the flowering of some of our seeds.

Usually pure sativas are quite sensible against mites, so i would recommend you to disinfect properly your infected plants and the growing space as well now that you are still in the very early days of flowering, or later the flowering can become a nightmare in case you need to battle with the mites during the flowering stage without the chance to use any insecticide.

Glad to hear the Auto Malawi x NLs are doing well in flowering and that you already have some crosses in mind with them ;) Best wishes!