What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Tent Grow - 40cm x 40cm 100w LED (CXB3590) Unknown Strain

Brother Nature

Hi All,

Finally decided to share a little grow diary. I'm about one month in already.
She's had a rough start and was in competition with another up until 2 days ago when I noticed some pre-flowers on her and nothing on the other, so she won the space.
Not completely sure of the strain as it came from my bottle of seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

Specifications of grow:

Grow style: Tent grow, inside clothes closet.
Grow size: L: 40cm W: 40cm H: 120cm
Lighting: 1x 100w Cree 3590 CXB LED

(Specs: https://www.cree.com/led-components/media/documents/ds-CXB3590.pdf)

Medium: Canna Coco
Ventilation: Simx WhisperVent 100mm Fan

Specs:

picture.php

Airflow: Delta AFB1212VHE Server Fan (I run this thing at 4v as the full 12v sounds and acts like a jet engine)
Irrigation: 1x Blumat, Gravity feed
Nutrients: Full Canna Coco line plus flairform CMX (similar to Cal Mag+) and H&G Dripclean

picture.php

picture.php

Brother Nature

Grow Space:
picture.php

Blumats: (Still dialing these in, but man I love this thing so far!)
picture.php

Under canopy:
picture.php

A little root looking for air:
picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice training. Plant is looking great. Looking forward to seeing the results of this round!

Brother Nature

Thanks guys :tiphat:

Might want to empty the closet of clothes unless you want them to smell.

Haha, yeah I do have a carbon filter I will be installing when it starts to get a bit smellier in there. She's growing pretty quick so will likely flip to flower within a week. Will also be re-potting into a larger container later today.

:joint:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks guys :tiphat:

Haha, yeah I do have a carbon filter I will be installing when it starts to get a bit smellier in there. She's growing pretty quick so will likely flip to flower within a week. Will also be re-potting into a larger container later today.

:joint:
Carbon filter or not, tents leak... Ask k me how I know?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Tents leak but if you mantain negative pressure you should have all air passing through the filter and not dispersing (unfiltered) through the tent walls/seams.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Tents leak but if you mantain negative pressure you should have all air passing through the filter and not dispersing (unfiltered) through the tent walls/seams.
True! Just the opening and closing of the tent for watering/feeding, maintenance, is enough to impart a smell to our clothes.

Brother Nature

Damn, had a bit of a hiccup last night. I love the blumats but I was getting a little complacent with them and almost caused a major disaster. Still dialing it in and I over watered yesterday, caught it before any major flooding started, but hadn't thought about how it had nearly emptied the rez which sits above the tent and has a small water pump in it that I run around 1am everyday to move the water around a bit. This pump went off at the normal time, but because of the low water level, it shot most of the water out of the top of the rez (another design fault I should have thought more about) onto the top of the tent. That soaked through and dripped right into the LED.

So I wake up this morning to no power in my room, I immediately check the tent and see what has happened. Pulled the surge protector out of the wall, took the led out, then reset the fuses for the house. The led sphere was full of water so I took it all apart and dried it out for a few hours, put things back together and crossed my fingers while testing it. Thankfully it worked properly again. So as stressful as that was this morning, it's a good lesson to not let those little things slide for too long. So I'll be getting a proper reservoir now that I'll be placing next to the tent, I'll ensure I'm checking in more often with the girl, and I'll put some money aside for a new COB, just in case. Hopefully someone learns from my mistakes, I know I have. Time for a nice bong load of AK I think :bongsmi:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... shit happens man :( I have never seen nor heard of a res above the plants. Lucky you the breaker popped. Although legal here, I doubt the insurance coys would cover our mishaps :( Be careful good buddy :)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Next time use air to agitate water.. and always sit the air pump over the maximum level of water.

Brother Nature

Update

Update

Re-potted the plant a couple days ago, she seems to be doing fine still. The pot fits about 5 liters of coco and takes up most of the floor space (20cm x 20cm) so will likely be that final pot.

picture.php

picture.php

Still have no idea what plant this will end up as, but I'm enjoying the way she grows. Not much more to update, but thought it'd be nice to throw some photos out there. Hope the new year's going well for you all. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

thenewstyle

shes looking real bushy, any plans to defoliate?

is the res still on top of the tent? ive found the blumats dont really need much gravity to drip mine sit just a few inches above the pots and drip just fine

Brother Nature

shes looking real bushy, any plans to defoliate?

is the res still on top of the tent? ive found the blumats dont really need much gravity to drip mine sit just a few inches above the pots and drip just fine

Hey, yeah I've moved the res to sit on a chair about half the height it was previously and it's to the side of the tent now. Doesn't seem to have caused any issues. Yeah she is really bushy, I've been defoliating a little in the under canopy, but after having a look at her this morning think I'm going to have to do a bit more before the switch to 12/12. I'm not a huge fan of leaf removal, but in this situation i think a little bit will be called for.

Brother Nature

Quick update

Quick update

So I was changing the nutes and doing a bit of trimming and noticed this:

picture.php

picture.php

Pretty cool, the roots growing out of the medium up towards the dripper. I took it as the roots searching for more food, so have moved the dripper a bit further away and allowed it to drip more frequently. Seems to be doing well and only a couple days away from the flip. Will update with a canopy photo later tonight. :tiphat:

budsnblunts

Veteran
Looking awesome man. Your thread is well put together to. Really lucky with your little mishap especially. Looking forward to seeing flower!!

Brother Nature

Flower time!!!!

Flower time!!!!

So I've flipped her to the 11/13 schedule as of Jan 17th. I've chosen the 11/13 schedule as I'm unsure of the actual strain and it's showing a good bit of sativa characteristics, though the stretch isn't overwhelming, hopefully that'll help bring out it's true self a little more than 12/12.

One of my flatmates moved out so I've moved the rooms as well, Switcher you'll be happy to know there are no more clothes in there :D. This room gets much less daytime sun so the closets a lot cooler and less humid too. The lights are running at night now, on at 8pm off at 7am and that seems too keep the room temp right between 24-27 degrees. I've noticed a little more yellow green in the color since switching so I've also upped the nutrient intake and she seems to be handling that well. I'm on my 3rd coffee now too so I my ramble a little.

Grow Specs:

Nutrients and levels: (Res is only about 6-7l as that gets used within the week so not much need to fuss with adjusting ph all the time)

Canna A & B @ 21ml
Canna Rhizotonic @ 6ml (not really sure if it's even needed at this point, but I've got a whole bottle so may as well use some)
Canna Boost @ 6ml
Cannazym @ 6ml (kinda feel the same about this as the Rhizo)
Flairform CMX @ 6ml 1ml/L (Cal mag + trace elements supplement)
EC: 1.7 PH: 5.8

Any constructive criticisms welcome regarding the nutes, still getting used to the whole line, have only really used the A & B and Rhizo in coco before, will likely add pk 13/14 around week 3 as I've also used that before to great results.

Canopy (day 4 flower):

She's filled out quite well I think
picture.php

Top (day 4):
picture.php

Another Top (day 4):
picture.php

Hope everyone's doing well!