What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Biggest Balls Thread Hydroton Expanded Clay Pebbles

Dr Watt

Who What
Where my picture go ^ ?

Where my picture go ^ ?

picture.php

:bandit: :joint: :bandit:

Dr Watt

Who What
Dr Watt's Biggest Balls Thread

Merry Xmas ! :bigeye: To give you something to look for :

1. Biggest dimension, smallest dimension (measured w/ caliper)
2. Degree of roundness then other intersting shapes

The newer black balls (excuse me;pause; but you've just been blackballed) are generally larger with more oblong shapes. Whaterver, fyi they are lighter than the brickcolourballs and have no super heavies :bandit:

Dr Watt

Who What

Here's a shot of the smallest dimensions.

touch over 1.91cm

Who What Dr Watt :tree:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
1.9 is big in a bag graded 8-16

Commonly we see 3 sizes. This is medium. I would of tried the 1" had I known of them in my flood/drain days. I was close to golf training balls, but they float.

I say commonly, as somewhat out the range of gardening, you find rocks and boulders of the stuff.

Dr Watt

Who What

Ok Firstly, Happy New Year, ICMAGers.... being Downunder we are the earliest New Yearers (Fiji) and the partay has commenced !

Ok ok, I look into bag sizes, not, BECAUSE i have only seen one size of hydroton expanded clay balls; and now these new Dark coloured chinese balls are here, and they're the same size !

Ok, ok, ok... I reveal to you now the largest dimension caliper shot of this BALL o' MINE :scripture:

It is 2.1cm :witch: by its largest dimension

Dr Watt

Who What
Dr Watt's Biggest Ball

Dr Watt's Biggest Ball

Bump, just so a few more can see this huge ball o' mine.....

For those who have visited already - the chinese characters on the ciggy box, that I have determined, are MIDDLE and SMALL. They are on the bottom line and Centre to THE BALL and next character. Just a coincidence, that I like !

Chow for now :joint:

Last edited:

DrDee

Dr,
I switched from hydroton to growstones because of the silica the Growstones leach...
JD

Dr Watt

Who What
Dr Watt's Biggest Ball

Dr Watt's Biggest Ball

Regular hydroton expandedclay balls or pebbles has less than 10% heavies. These heavies do not float on water. A basic test of two foamcups filled with heavies and lights >>>

17.777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777778 % or 1.1778 times as heavy for the same volume.

Now that you are here check out my big ball (post above) ......

Who What

Latest posts

Latest posts