What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel, Green Poison, Jack 47, and Killer Kush (ALL FAST VERSION)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks Tommy. Really good info. Looks like Killer Kush fv is gonna be part of my next seed purchase!

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Killer Kush Update

Killer Kush Update

Here's the Killer Kush FV I gifted to a fellow grower and friend. This is her at 6 weeks!

It is being flowered under 1000W HPS alongside numerous Sensi Star, Sour Kush and Grizzly purple kush genetics. Although this is my buddy's 2nd grow, he is doing a great job. Got a little tip burn but so far this Killer Kush is the best looking plant in the garden, and I agree!

I took 4 clones before gifting him this plant so I will have a chance to flower her next.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

-DZ

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers my friend!

Thanks for the wonderful pics. Looking great and it seems like it will reach maturity very soon. Nice to know you'll be able to try it before you use your clones from her ;)

Keep us updated. Sweet smokes!

tommy

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Here's the Killer Kush FV I gifted to a fellow grower and friend. This is her at 6 weeks!

It is being flowered under 1000W HPS alongside numerous Sensi Star, Sour Kush and Grizzly purple kush genetics. Although this is my buddy's 2nd grow, he is doing a great job. Got a little tip burn but so far this Killer Kush is the best looking plant in the garden, and I agree!

I took 4 clones before gifting him this plant so I will have a chance to flower her next.

-DZ

Wow, wow. Nice. I hope my pheno of killer kush f1 fast version turns out like that!

She's outside and soon to be in a 45 gal. Smart pot :)

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Day 1 of flower

Day 1 of flower

Hey guys!!

Sorry for the delayed update but here's what I've decided to do this round.. For the longest time I have wanted to run a mixed group of seeds just for the hell of it. So why not with the Sweet Seeds FV's right?!

Check it out.

I call this table my "Treasure Island" because I know there is something truly special to be found in one of these FV's.

All together there are 16 plants and here is how its broken down.
  • 3 x Jack 47 (each from seed)
  • 3 x Cream Caramel (each from seed)
  • 6 x Green Poison (each from seed)
  • 4 x Killer Kush (all clones from same plant)
They will be flowered under 1200 Watts of MH for the first two weeks. After that, they will be under 1800 Watts of HPS for the remaining time. Also, they are all in a 4'x8' (1.2m x 2.4m) table with a special medium blend I created which contains coco coir, coco chips, and peat. It holds moisture incredibly well and i've had great success with this mix!

In a few days I will put up the trellis netting and begin opening up the plants under the netting. So once everything begins flowering there will be a beautiful variety of flowers all mixed in!! I know that training will be important to keep the canopy leveled and even but I am more than up for the challenge :)

The goal here is to find the winning pheno in my treasure island.

Thanks for tuning in guys. Hope everyone enjoys the show and information I am able to share with the community.

-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Day 3 of flower

Day 3 of flower

Put up the trellis netting and adjusted everyone to a nice even canopy. I also trimmed away all of the small shoots and fan leaves towards the bottom of the plants.

They are being fed JR Peters Jacks Pro 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0.0 at a 60/40 ratio to EC 2.0. The higher food helps in transitioning into flower. As a preventative, I also apply Cal/Mag or in this case just Calcium Carbonate with yucca as a surfactant.

The ladies are loving their new homes!

-DZ

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
What spectacular work fella! Outstanding diary ;)
Thanks for sharing, good luck!
jaypp

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Thanks Fellas! It's much appreciated and I am glad to help spread the love and knowledge!

I noticed the Sweet Seeds 10yr Anniversary promo was expiring this month so I went ahead and bought two 5 packs of each Sweet Cheese and Killer Kush. With the promo I was able to get 14 Killer Kush FV seeds and 13 Sweet Cheese FV seeds. I'm excited to find something with cheese because I've honestly never grown a cheese strain before. Smoked and enjoyed plenty of them, just never grown one myself so this will be exciting.

The Killer Kush... well, that was the seed which started me down this Sweet path and so I figured I'd increase my odds of finding a REALLY nice mom from a batch out of 14 seeds.. Something that produces great buds with short flowering time... If the odds are 1 in 14 that I can find it, then I'm excited to search for it!

Thanks again for checking in guys!
-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Tri-foliate plants AKA "Whorls"

Tri-foliate plants AKA "Whorls"

So I've noticed a trend with the F1's from Sweet Seeds. Tri-foliate genetics are not uncommon with these Fast Versions. By "Tri-foliate" or "whorls" as it is also known, I mean plants which have three shoots per node instead of the usual two. I first encountered it on the single Killer Kush FV I sprouted and now again with a Green Poison FV. Only 1 out of the 7 GP's displayed this trait so it must not be a very dominant trait at all.

This makes me wonder if the autoflower male genetics used for the FV's originates from a Tri-foliate plant itself.

Anyone else out there encounter this with Sweet Seeds strains in regular or fast versions? I don't believe this to be a negative trait at all. In fact, it is probably something a bit unique that allows for a more efficient structure of shoots and leaves but I am not 100% sure about this. All I know is that if you clone the main cola stalk which has the 3 shoots per node, then that clone will be able to continue growing 3 shoots per node via its main stalk. However, the side branches of tri-foliates will not continue to display this trait after cloning.

Very interested to hear thoughts from others who have encountered this trait in their past.

-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Flower Day 7 -End of first Week

Flower Day 7 -End of first Week

Here are some of the different phenos individually.

Killer Kush FV
picture.php

View image in gallery

Killer Kush FV​
picture.php

View image in gallery

Jack 47 FV​
picture.php

View image in gallery

Cream Caramel FV​
picture.php

View image in gallery

Green Poison FV-surrounded by others
picture.php

View image in gallery

They are all very healthy and growing incredibly fast!! I purposely arranged all the different strains so that no two alike are next to each other. I am hoping this makes for a beautiful and varied canopy of flowers. The Cream Caramel's are so uniform and beautiful.. -True IBL's in my opinion.. The Green Poison are vigorous growers and have given me lots of shoots stemming from their main branches.

So far, everything is going great and I'm looking forward to the upcoming weeks!

Thanks for stopping by and as the great Sweet Seed guys always say...
Sweet Smokes everyone!
-DZ

Last edited:

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Sweet smokes fella!
you are doing a great work that we're enjoying a lot!
Thanks for sharing my friend ;)
I would like to share some of your pics in our Facebook page, if you don't mind, of course.
Keep up the sweet work!
jaypp

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Sweet smokes fella!
you are doing a great work that we're enjoying a lot!
Thanks for sharing my friend
I would like to share some of your pics in our Facebook page, if you don't mind, of course.
Keep up the sweet work!
jaypp

Thank you Jaypp! Of course you are more than welcome to use and share the photos under one condition.. Please forward my gratitude to the breeders and the entire Sweet Seeds team for these wonderful genetics! Tell the breeders I will keep an eye out for more trifoliates as I am very intrigued by their unique structure hehehe...

So, I took a few clones of all the plants I currently have in my tray. Except for the Killer Kush. With the KK I had an extra clone that I vegged out for a bit longer instead of adding her to the flower tray.

Anyways, I have one of each of the FV strains going outdoors to see how they do and when they are able to finish. It will be nice to compare the indoor VS outdoor yields and quality. I'm particularly interested in finding out who finishes first!

Killer Kush FV
picture.php

View image in gallery

Green Poison FV #5​
picture.php

View image in gallery

Green Poison FV #4
picture.php

View image in gallery

Jack 47 #2
picture.php

View image in gallery

Cream Caramel #3​

I tried to select the "best" pheno from each strain.. I selected well with the Cream Caramel and the Jack 47 but the Green Poison... Well it was difficult to decide between pheno #4 and #5 so I just did both!

-DZ

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to select the "best" pheno from each strain.. I selected well with the Cream Caramel and the Jack 47 but the Green Poison... Well it was difficult to decide between pheno #4 and #5 so I just did both!

-DZ

When in doubt, use several...sounds like a plan. Good luck!

Nice set up! Sweet Seeds are great! They've been a long standing favorite of ours for nearly 10 years! KUDOS to you and Tommy/jaypp

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Nice set up! Sweet Seeds are great! They've been a long standing favorite of ours for nearly 10 years! KUDOS to you and Tommy/jaypp

Thanks aridbud! They are quickly becoming my favorite as well..

For the past year I have been "mostly" popping seeds originating from Spain. I've done a couple Delicious Seeds (cotton candy, fruity chronic juice) and have a couple Blimburn Seeds going now (Grizzly Purple Kush, Silver Surfer Haze, and this one they named "Hellkokt" -which I managed to obtain from a fellow grower who is personal friends with the Blimburn breeders. Apparently its a Skunk #1 x Mazar -I'll take some pics later to show you guys if anyone is interested. She's a vigorous plant so I'm excited to see what she will bring.

Check out this Silver Surfer Haze (Haze x Skunk x Northern light) that I'm running outdoors. She is well trained and super bushy. I know I will have to provide lateral support when she starts flowering.. Can you believe she's only in a 7gal/26ltr pot!?

I'm also running OG Raskal "White Fire Alien" -which I've heard great things. My first OG Raskal gear so not sure what to expect.. I started with 11 Regular seeds, got 5 females.. gifted my best female (took clones for myself) to another grower friend who had space in his flower room and put the other 4 WIFIAs outside.

WifiA - They are gorgeous plants with incredible structure..
picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

And here is the Sweet Seeds FV family picture -Day 1 outdoors.
picture.php

View image in gallery

Obviously the Sweet Seeds FV outdoors will yield less since they are smaller but it will be interesting to see who finishes first out of all the gear I have going out here. Of course I will provide nug shots of everything once its all cured and ready -So expect this ride to continue for a few more months.

Thanks for stopping by everybody.. if you've flowered out ANY of the strains I just mentioned, I'd love to see your pictures!

-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Thank you for the kind words, O.G Monk.

So far, I'm VERY impressed with the plant structure and vigor of these Green Poison FV. It's a strain which is very easy to train. I've been opening them up by gently pinching and bending their branches outwards and they have responded to this by creating a very leveled table top canopy. They are what I would call "self scroggers" and perfect for growers who can only have limited number of plants or wish a single plant to fill in a large flowering area.

Here they all are at Day 5 outdoors (42° North Latitude)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here's the lanky Killer Kush FV
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts