What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mite and Spider Mite IPM for Cannabis (lets get a convo going)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Triple action neem is shiet. Well that's a little dramatic, but it's been refined and striped down to a basic oil, and is no more effective than canola or other. Which do work, but neems action is much more complex than simple suffocation.

Less processing, more better.

there is a product called Sea Shield I was considering getting that is chitan based. I saw great reviews by people on the AEA products thread by FatherEarth. great for IPM but I'm not sure if it is effective towards broad mites. all the .edu ag sites don't have much else to offer besides chemicals and most of the studies showed biological controls not eradicating them. I still think this would be beneficial to implement though for pests like spider mites though :D

Ohhhhh nooooooo

*slow motion face slap*

Snap outta it!

Of course there are great reviews, they need to rub each off to compensate for buying and using as many products as Advanced Nutrients puts out :biggrin:

Last edited:

Former Guest

well while I did consider it, I have a bottle of 100% neem oil right now :D might have to use it today as the Avid has stalled in shipping?!?! I just want to get this over with and move on hopefully. I dunked them in Nuke Em yesterday at full strength and then used the bucket as a mop bucket and wiped down any surface I could with the nuke em. then I put off a dr doom bomb and went and got high.

So for part of my IPM i went ahead and ordered some predatory mites. They are called swirskiis . I read they even eat broad mites, spidermites and thirps!!!

I bought a shaker that will cover 3000 sq ft. and a whole bunch of individual bags meant for single plants that I will hang on my moms.. Each bag was about $1.50.

Here is a pic of the bags on a non cannabis plant

Attachments

• IMG_1119[1].jpg
    IMG_1119[1].jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 6
Nuke Em not going to kill broad mites. It will fuck up your plants though, strain dependent.

Ya some ppl have been having issues. I bought some Big Time Exterminator and used the recommended dosage from the bottle. I go home and read the website which their full strength was half of what it said on the bottle!!! I dont like companies who do this. I feel like there were negative effects too so Im gonna not recommend either of these products

Former Guest

Nuke Em not going to kill broad mites. It will fuck up your plants though, strain dependent.

they look fine after one dunk at full strength from yesterday and when I used the broad mite applications of three times in one night at full strength, etc...I stopped after the first night of applications because they were so brittle on an older grow that's been culled.

I was hoping that it would at least kill eggs and larvae as I have no hope it will kill the adults.

Former Guest

So for part of my IPM i went ahead and ordered some predatory mites. They are called swirskiis . I read they even eat broad mites, spidermites and thirps!!!

I bought a shaker that will cover 3000 sq ft. and a whole bunch of individual bags meant for single plants that I will hang on my moms.. Each bag was about $1.50.

Here is a pic of the bags on a non cannabis plant

where did you get those? I would really like to incorporate that soon after I get everything cleaned up. I saw a few peeps share some sites for live critters but they are lost in a long thread :( and I can't remember which one. I think it was Seafour whom always has reccomendations.

where did you get those? I would really like to incorporate that soon after I get everything cleaned up. I saw a few peeps share some sites for live critters but they are lost in a long thread :( and I can't remember which one. I think it was Seafour whom always has reccomendations.

I got it from Plant It Earth here is San Francisco. Im sure if you call them they can direct you to gettin em in your area. The bags have Syngenta on them which is the comapny that makes Avid

http://www3.syngenta.com/global/bioline/en/Pages/home.aspx

http://www3.syngenta.com/global/bio...st.aspx?q1=Broad/Cyclamen+mite&q5=Productline

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Syngenta is as much the devil as Monsanto.

Just like the "dud" thread. this one is mental masturbation . Spider mites are not broads. Some of you are all wasting time re=inventing the wheel, while your plants are getting infested with a pest very few have the abilities to eradicate. Once they take hold, the best option is to start over. Or better yet move to a different location. No joke. These bugs will ruin any growers scene. By the time One notices it - it is too late. The good news is that the BM's cull the competition.

Former Guest

Just like the "dud" thread. this one is mental masturbation . Spider mites are not broads. Some of you are all wasting time re=inventing the wheel, while your plants are getting infested with a pest very few have the abilities to eradicate. Once they take hold, the best option is to start over. Or better yet move to a different location. No joke. These bugs will ruin any growers scene. By the time One notices it - it is too late. The good news is that the BM's cull the competition.

well you seem to like to :jerkit:

so the whole 800 pages is that in a nutshell? problem solved! there are actually a lot of thread on here about broad mites so maybe they should all be combined into one short read. there is not reason to argue on this thread about whether or not this needs to be a thread. that is stupid.

why do you keep coming in here talking schmack? your a fucking spider mite in our garden. Bounce

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
well the dud thread yielded results.
the mental masturbation on that thread was from people whod never had it.
the folks that did report they found the culprit, proved it with video footage in the scope. others confirmed it. then a few treatments were discussed until two of them reported they had corrected the problem and then they left.

if you were paying attention to the folks on there who were working with actual duds and then cured it instead of all the judo going on about hypotheses and theories about how duds arent real by people whod never experienced it but had some "expert advice"to share, you would have seen the ground breaking work that was done on that long annoying ridiculous thread.

it died because the folks with duds that were writing about them the most dont have them anymore. thanks to that thread.

this has the potential to be as helpful

i know tons of folks who got hit with bms and got rid of them. super easy too. they just followed the proper protocol and surprise surprise they dont have em any more.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Syngenta Bioline

Try to educate yourself before putting on your asshat.

While I will never argue in favour of Syngenta, Monsanto, Bayer etc, as a whole, the fact that they are all moving in to biocontrol speaks volumes.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran

I agree with you 100% Stasis..

OP

I agree with you 100% Stasis..

OP

both you cats dont read just write. My OP has more real info. on it than 800 pages on the BM thread. And yes we all know broad mites and spider mites are not the same. It is made very apparent in the OP which you should prob read first rather than trolling lol

Not to mention Im trying to talk to large scale commercial farmers. IN case you dont know shit there is an epidemic of Broad and Russet mites in Norcal. They have many articles circulating on the Lost Coast blog in Humboldt. Its a real problem and unfortunatley unless all growers get on the same fuckin page, we will create resistant mites tht will also harm food crop production in Cali. Also I want to educate ppl or spraying properly and safely for themselves and patients. The original BM thread more or less discusses IDing them and exploring everyones homeade concoctions. I just tore down my whole Mom room and VEg cuz of these fuckers wroth tens or thousansds of dollars. I am not concerned about your Hobbyist idealogy or the fact that you live in the paradigm of scarcity. Well my friend I live in the laws of abundance and have no problem sharing my knowledge to the "smaller farmers" without the hopes tht they will fail in order to secure my foothold in the industry. To me you sound like haters and your ways of thinking will eventually cause you to lose.

Peace

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
both you cats dont read just write. My OP has more real info. on it than 800 pages on the BM thread. And yes we all know broad mites and spider mites are not the same. It is made very apparent in the OP which you should prob read first rather than trolling lol

Not to mention Im trying to talk to large scale commercial farmers. IN case you dont know shit there is an epidemic of Broad and Russet mites in Norcal. They have many articles circulating on the Lost Coast blog in Humboldt. Its a real problem and unfortunatley unless all growers get on the same fuckin page, we will create resistant mites tht will also harm food crop production in Cali. Also I want to educate ppl or spraying properly and safely for themselves and patients. The original BM thread more or less discusses IDing them and exploring everyones homeade concoctions. I just tore down my whole Mom room and VEg cuz of these fuckers wroth tens or thousansds of dollars. I am not concerned about your Hobbyist idealogy or the fact that you live in the paradigm of scarcity. Well my friend I live in the laws of abundance and have no problem sharing my knowledge to the "smaller farmers" without the hopes tht they will fail in order to secure my foothold in the industry. To me you sound like haters and your ways of thinking will eventually cause you to lose.

Peace

^^I said I agree with a fellow member, then you get all defensive saying Im a "hater" and dont know shit hahaha gtfoh dude! Hello Mcfly, theres been a BM problem in all of cali for some years now. O, now since its infected your crops and you've lost money you're all gung ho trying to get the community in line like what you're saying and telling us is the perfect cure. I might be wrong, but I didnt see your handle contributing to the BM thread that was up. O, and some of those homeade concoctions have saved a lot of crops!! Not trying to get into a pissing match with a stranger online:/ People arent always gonna agree which is good sometimes. Thats how things get figured out..

RetroGrow

Veteran
This thread is a joke. Broad mites are old news. Only the truly clueless are just finding out about it now. And no chemicals whatsoever are needed to kill them. Heat kills them. End of story. If you can't figure out how to heat up your space to 120F, you might as well give it up.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Retro...to think there is just ONE WAY of doing anything is rather silly and narcissistic....btw, Broad Mites have been here longer than all of us, so "everything about Broad Mites is old news"...LOL!

For hobbyists with less than a dozen or so plants, sure heat might work, but for a larger scale operation, it is just not feasible. Nor will the heat treatment help plants that are not old/strong enuf as they will be destined to the compost pile after your heat treatment. Not so with a responsible application or two with certain chems/synthetics--no dead plants and no Broad Mites...and no heat stressed plants.

Some of us are tenacious and do not "give up".

Status
Not open for further replies.