What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Cream ® | Red Poison ® The Red Family

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
★ Final Conclusions ★

picture.php

picture.php

Being my first grow with LEDs and not being able to give them the attention I usually give to my plants, my goal was just to reach to something like 0,5gr per watt. The flowers are not that big but they seem very compact and so I think I'll get something near to 15gr from each plant, which would get me to achieve the 0,5gr per watt goal.

picture.php

As you guys can see in the pictures they did not get the yellow color on the leaves that I like to have on them before I harvest. I think I abbused a bit on the worm humus I used in the soil mix, because the Bio Canna Plus is already very rich in nutrients and so I should have been more moderated in the humus use. I also think HPS dries the soil faster which makes me water them more often, which helps to clean the soil from excessive nutrients and so with HPS maybe they would have made it into turning their leaves yellow. Next round I'll pay attention to this.

Also, more or less for the same reason, I think the 2 LED bulbs will do very good for me during summer time because they produce almost no heat and it will make it possible to have at least a couple of plants flowering indoors. I think one of this 30w Arcadia LED for one autoflowering plant is a great solution for growers who are very moderated consumers and/or can only use a very limited space to have their plants.

On the other hand during the winter maybe the HPS lighting is a better option in the sense that it helps to warm up the cold nights inside the grow closet and to dry the soil faster. I think if it wasn't for this and for the excessive worm humus I could have got something like 30-40% more production from this 2 beauties. Next time I'm going to use one of this bulbs inside a 30x30x60cm tent with only one auto.

picture.php

The aromas are unbelievable. I'm really sad that I can't share the aromas with you the same way that I can share the colors, but they are as amazing as the colors. The aroma from the Red Poison is addictive, so sweet and fresh, I can't wait to try it and share a strain/smoke report with you. Black Cream has a stronger aroma and also very pleasant.

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
I remember you guys that the 2 plants from this test grow came out from other grow with 16 autos in a square meter, lots of plants from The Red Family and also a few Cream Madarines and Green Poison Autos. I did not have the chance to get fotos from every stage and many of the fotos I have are from a friend who took care of them, but I'll see if I can get a short brief resume of that grow also, because under HPS and with more space this plants produced 2 or 3 times more, that's why I have to share it with you.

From my short experience with seeds from The Red Family I can confirm that what Sweet Seeds claims about 80% of the plants getting the purple tones seem to be very true. On the other grow I'll share with you I think 9 in 11 turned purple/red and the 2 plants I have in this thread turned completely purple/red since a very early stage of flowering and in the end they looked almost black. Definetly the most beautiful plants I ever grew, can't wait to try them on the Volcano.

picture.php

I have them drying for 7 days now so in about 2 or 3 weeks I'll be able to complete the next posts with the strain reports.

Sweet colourfull smokes!​

:thank you:

picture.php

tommy

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:woohoo: Looking down right delicious there Tommy :good:
Waiting to hear your thoughts on smoking them :D
:smoke out:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
:woohoo: Looking down right delicious there Tommy :good:
Waiting to hear your thoughts on smoking them :D

Cheers b00m :tiphat:

Not so long now until I try them. Stay tuned for the strain reports ;)

Thanks for the visit and comment my friend, sweet smokes!

tommy

Sour Seed

amazing shotz-
best colors ive seen in any genetics in a long time-
way to go sweet seeds crew and nice growing tommy-
LED's are legit- i integrate them with hps myself for explosive results in flower-
make great veg lights to-

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers Sour Seed!

Thanks for the visit and comments :tiphat:

I enjoyed growing them with LEDs but next time I have to try HPS with these lovely purple genetics.

Keep passing by and thanks also for sharing your experience with us.

Sweet smokes :biggrin:

tommy

INDODRO

I'd love to see you grow these under a hps, I wonder how they'd yield under a 1000hps. Really pretty buds and great job using those floros. I've been wanting a purp strain for awhile now. Thanks for the sharing.

qaz321

Usually you can tell because new bud growth slows down, and all pistils turn orange. That's how I knew ;) cheers!