What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Devil #2 ® | Fast Bud #2 ® ★ Test Grow ★

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

Hola amigos!! :tiphat:

I'm finally finding a bit of spare time that allows me to post some of my stuff :yes: I was already missing this hobby for a couple of months now...

Well, let's speak about important things... Now it's time for me to try the last 2 autoflowering strains that Sweet Seeds got into the market a few months ago (soon we'll have much more autos in our catalog). After the great results I got with my test grows of Cream Caramel Auto, Black Jack Auto, SAD Auto and Speed Devil #2, now we'll see how the other 2 behave: Big Devil #2 and Fast Bud #2

:|Grow Details|:

• Closet: Homebox XS (60cm x 60cm x 120cm / 2ft x 2ft x 4ft)

• Ventilation: Extractor RVK 100 A1 (160m3/h) and 2 Sunon (one blowing air against the lamp and the other against the plants)

• Light: 36wCFL for the first 8 days, HPS70w from day 8 to day 18 and HPS400w from day 18 to harvest

• Containers: 4 pots of 500ml for the first 18 days and 4 pots of 18 litres for flowering (from day 18 to harvest)

• Soil: For vegetative Canna Professional and for flowering Canna Bio Terra Plus

• Ferts: GuanoKalong Liquid Guano, Canna BioVega, Canna BioFlores and Biobizz Topmax

• Against plagues: Neem as preventive and Rotenona to fight them, if needed

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've sprouted 3 seeds of each strain. At day 16 I will choose the 2 best plants from each variety to pass into my Homebox and the others will be taken by a friend and will be flowered in his garden (I will probably not see them again). Like this we will also be able to see how homogenous they are. Well, I left the seeds in wet paper towels and inside a plastic box as I usually do and then I've been out for about 48 hours. When I came back all the sweets popped out... one of the Big Devil #2 was only showing a bit but obviously it wouldn't go back into to shell.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
★ Details of a Cannabic Birth ★

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you enjoyed this introduction to the Fast Bud #2 and Big Devil #2 test grow, where you'll be able to check the excellent quality of the work of the Sweet Seeds breeders. In a couple of days I'll leave you another update and then, altough I'm a bit short of time this days with the contests and the moderation of the forums, I promise to update this diary at least once a week but when it is possible I'll do it twice a week. Sometimes you may find this thread closed. It will always be a provisional closure and for a short period of time. I only do it to reserve the first post of each page for an update. When you see it closed and you want to comment or ask something you just have to wait for a few hours and it will be open again, like a seed :)

Thank you very much for your visits! :thank you:

tommy

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
very nice pix tommy......what about the light schedule?

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mates! :wave:

Thanks for your visits and comments :tiphat:

Good question StRa, thanks for pointin' it ;) I like to do my autos in 18/6 from germination to harvest. Some people prefer 20/4, but I'm more of a guy of 18/6, hehehehe..

In my Cream Caramel Auto and Black Jack Auto grow test I even did the last week with 24/0. It was very rainy, I had the house full of humidity and the buds big and compact, so keeping the HPS always on helped to keep the humidity acceptably low. With the HPS off I had more than 85% of humidity but with the lights on it was always around 40-55%. So that's another good thing about autos, they allow for every kind of light cycle, even irregular ones without stressing with it.

Keep passin by my friends, your visits and comments are much appreciated :thank you:

Sweet regards,

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

★ 4 days ★

picture.php

Hi mates!! :tiphat:

Thanks once again to all you guys for the visits and comments :thank you:

Here we are for another update to the diary, now in the 4th day of their lives. The 6 plants are growing at a similar rhythm and until today everything's perfect with them, no deformities nor malformations and the development is the expected for this fase of the growth. Well, in this fase, with the plants so small, there's not much more to say and the pictures speak for themselves... So I leave you now with the reports and with the illustrations ;)

picture.php
picture.php

Watering Report:

• pH of the water: 6,4
  • Fertilizer: Nothing yet
  • Bloom stimulator: No
  • Quantity of water per plant: 40ml (500ml pots)
  • Watering frequency: once every 2 days

picture.php
picture.php

The Weather

• Maximum temperature: 24,9º
  • Minimum temperature: 18,1º
  • Thermic amplitude: 6,8º
  • Humidity with HPS: 47%
  • Humidity without HPS: 75%
Color scale > Green: optimal | Orange: satisfying | Brown: worrying | Red: dangerous
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

So... that's what we have so far :yes: I'll be back soon with more news about this girls :wave:

Sweet smokes!! :peppermintstick:

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

★ 10 days ★

picture.php

Hi friends! :tiphat:

Here we are again, now with pics from day 10 ;)

As we can see in the pics the plants are growing perfectly so far. Still a bit hard to see differences between both strains, but soon it will be very clear. Now I leave you with a pic of each of the 6 plants, starting with Fast Bud #2 and after comes Big Devil #2 :smokey:

Watering Report [day 6]:

• Quantity of water per plant: 70ml (500ml pots)

picture.php
picture.php

Watering Report [day 8]:

• pH of the water: 6,2
  • Quantity of water per plant: 100ml (500ml pots)

picture.php

The Weather

• Maximum temperature: 24,5º
  • Minimum temperature: 17,6º
  • Thermic amplitude: 6,9º
  • Humidity with HPS: 41%
  • Humidity without HPS: 78%
Color scale > Green: optimal | Orange: satisfying | Brown: worrying | Red: dangerous
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

And that's all for today ;) I'll be back in a few days with pics of the transplant to the 17 litre pots... Stay tuned!

Keep it sweet :peppermintstick:

tommy

KalyxKid

You are so awesome!

I will be doing 3 CCs very soon, and your plants are inspirational, such beautiful plants and photos. I did Fast Bud #1 and it was very potent, but I chopped too soon, but Sweet Seeds is now my go-to for reliable autos at a reasonable price.

You took them all the way, so I can see what happens when one waits. Those red trichomes are sick! These plants just seem to get better and better, but very consistent in producing huge buds! We'll see what I can pull of under LEDs and CFLs.

Awesome stuff, your journals are amazing. Keep it up!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi KalyxKid!

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum :tiphat:

And thank you very much for your visit and kind words :thank you:

Yep, Cream Caramel Auto is a great autoflowering strain at an incredible price. And I really enjoyed growing it, almost as much as smoking/vaporizing it, hehehe. Just for the the rest of the users who have no clue what we are talking about, here is a link for the pics of the red trichomes

The Sweet Seeds breeders are doing an amazing job with autoflowering strains and the last 3 years can prove it very clearly, at least in forums where we have a subforum and lots of participation from users. There you can see how everybody is very happy with the results they get from Sweet Seeds autos. The breeders have now finished their work with the 3rd Generation Autos, so the characteristics that were not good enough in the previous generations are now corrected, so you can imagine... if they were so good in the first to generations, now they have to be really very very close to their non-auto versions...

Actually, next month Sweet Seeds will release 6 new 3rd Generation Autoflowering strains:

• Green Poison Auto
  • Sweet Cheese Auto
  • Mohan Ram Auto
  • Sweet Skunk Auto
  • + Speed
  • Sweet Special Auto

I'm sure you would also enjoy that "Sweet Special Auto", because it is Cream Caramel Auto x Big Devil #2 :chin:

Keep passing by my friend. The Fast Bud #2 and Big Devil #2 are also great strains and you are invited to see it for yourself in this grow diary ;)

I'll be back with another update very soon, stay tuned... Sweet smokes! :rasta:

tommy

KalyxKid

That's exciting news about the new seeds...I hope to test many of them out in 2012. I am still new to modern growing, I did one crop over ten years ago under shoplights, and now look!

The three CC seeds are to hopefully fill a gap where I'd like to be harvesting in about two months, so I think if I keep lights at 18/6 I can finish close enough.

My blue himalaya (2nd auto ever) under 24 hour LED w/cfl supplmt. is too big and bushy, although that's not bad in an of itself, it seems to be taking longer to jump into flowering, so I switched to 20/4 last night and hopefully I can harvest at 10 weeks. It is almost 49 days old, barely 8" with that many nodes fighting for light like all get out. I'm thinking of training them down towards the pot, to make a real Christmas tree.

Check out this crazy afghan kush freebie I got, I swear it is a couple days since it formed real leaves! This will become my first attempt at cloning. I might need three rooms just so I can one with perpetual autos!

Attachments

• bh_wk6-1.jpg
    bh_wk6-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 102
  • BH_wk6.jpg
    BH_wk6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 109
  • af_wk1-1.jpg
    af_wk1-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 100

KalyxKid

I just ordered 3 Fast Bud #2, so I will have up to 6 Sweet seeds to grow soon! Can you compare Fast Bud #1 and #2? I think I grew #1.

Also, how to you compare Fast Bud #2 and Speed Devil #2? I chose Fast Bud #2 because of the incredible sale now, but now I would like to understand the differences in the varieties a bit more.

Thanks!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi KalyxKid!

Thanks for the visit, pics and comments! :tiphat:

All looking good my friend, hope you enjoy your next sweets also ;)

About comparing Fast Bud #1 and Fast Bud #2, the genetics are the same but in the second version there is more work from the breeders trying to get it as close as possible to her non-auto version, which in the case of Fast Bud would be the Diesel genes, the same present in Ice Cool. So you could even say that Fast Bud #2 is even more closer to be an "Ice Cool Auto" than the 1st version already was, if you know what I mean. From the ruderalis family the 2nd generation autos almost only have the characteristic of autoflowering, the other less desirable characteristics, so to say, are almost gone in the 2nd generation and will be definetly gone when we get to the 4th, 5th, 6th generations, when the good work of the breeders, year after year, gets them closer and closer to their non-auto version. It will come to a day that they will be 99% the same, except for the autoflowering characteristic (and quickness to, of course).

About the difference between Speed Devil #2 and Fast Bud #2 I can tell you that they share the same autoflowering genes, because the characteristic comes from the same ruderalis parental, and then the difference is that in Fast Bud #2 you have a Diesel Auto and in Speed Devil #2 you have an auto with different genes. I don't know more about the parentals of Speed Devil #2 besides what we can read in the catalog, but they produce more or less the same, Fast Bud #2 is faster, maybe one week faster and the size of the plants is also more or less the same.

Hope this helps my friend. Keep passing by to see how my 2nd Generation Autos develop ;)

Sweet smokes :peppermintstick:

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
I will very soon post another update with the transplant of the plants to the final pots...

In the meanwhile you can have a look at how they are now at day 17 since germination :)

picture.php

Keep it sweet!

tommy

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran

★ 17 days + Transplanting ★

picture.php

Hi mates! :tiphat:

All good? :smoke: Thanks for the visit and comments :thank you:

Sorry for the delay with this update. So, this time the transplant was at day 17 from germination, but from my experience with this autos I'm starting to think the correct day to transplant to the final pots is day 15, or between day 13 and day 16. So I would do it a little earlier next time. This, of course, with pots of the size I'm using: 500ml pots for the first 2 weeks and with a pot of 7 litres or more from there to harvest. I'm sure that my plants will now spread their roots using all the soil available.

This time I'm doing it cutting the bottom of the pots, and putting them directly in the bigger pots, as you can see in the pics. I know some of you guys in this forum use this same "method" and I really agree that it may have a few advantages, so I'm giving it a try.

Well, I'll leave you now with the reports and some pics...

Watering Report [day 12]

• Quantity of water per plant: 90ml (500ml pots)

Starting with a couple of pics with the 6 plants...

picture.php
picture.php

As I told you in the first posts of this thread I had to select 2 plants, one from each variety, and exclude them from this diary. It was not easy at all, they are all looking very good and very similar to each other. They are all healthy and growing with lots of vigour, no visible differences at all, as you can see in the pics. But well, the 2 plants that will be adopted by a friend will be this beautiful couple:

picture.php

Bye, bye ladies :wave:

Probably we're not going to see them anymore in this thread, but at least their sisters will be around for a while to tell us their genetic story.

Watering Report [day 14]

• pH of the water: 6,3
  • Quantity of water per plant: 120ml (500ml pots)
  • Watering frequency: once every 3 days

To the Canna Bio Plus soil I added a little extra of perlite, a bit of vermiculite and 50gr per plant of guanokalong batguano powder.

picture.php
picture.php

Here's a picture of the 3 Big Devil #2...

picture.php

The Weather

• Maximum temperature: 23,6º
  • Minimum temperature: 16,8º
  • Thermic amplitude: 6,8º
  • Humidity with HPS: 46%
  • Humidity without HPS: 77%
picture.php
picture.php

Some very beautiful Big Devil #2 leaves in this pictures...

And this is how they are going to stay...

picture.php

...but cutting the pot bottom first, like we can see in the next pictures...

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

We can't see lots of roots in there but with autos we have no time to wait for them to fill the whole place with their mean devils roots, hehehe ...so we need to transplant them as soon as possible, because in 10 days from now they'll be flowering.

Now you can see how I do the transplanting, it's just leaving the pot without bottom on the surface of the soil, hehe...

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
And the first Big Devil #2 is done...

picture.php

One done, 3 left...

picture.php

The roots of a Fast Bud #2...

picture.php

And heere you go... the 4 plants in their final pots, ready for an explosive flowering:

picture.php

picture.php

And that's all for today. Now I'll be back in a week with a new update where I think plants will already be with a few pistils.

Thanks for visiting the diary!

Sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

picture.php

KalyxKid

Thanks, Tommy! That more than answers my questions. I am very excited to start my Cream Caramels. I won't compare them to yours, haha, but we'll see how they do under LED. I am pretty happy with my Blue Himalaya so far, and in my opinion only, the Fast Bud #1 was less leafy and more bud, but it grew outside with sometimes 50% cloudy days...this time it will get 20/4 lighting every day.

Your journals teach me a lot about how to grow these autos, and I also am using your transplant method, but I think I need to use a larger 2nd pot...it seems like pot-size and transplant timing are the keys to maximizing yield.

Gracias amigo! Will be following this one closely :)

KalyxKid

I'm happy to say that three Cream Caramel Autos have hatched. I'm really impressed with the quality of the seeds - very dark and they all sprouted within a day, very robust! Thank you Sweet Seeds :) I can already tell they will be healthy ladies.

KalyxKid

I realize you transplant much earlier than I would have thought...so around two weeks you think is best? My CC girls are now about 10 days old, not too far off from your pics.

I can apply this knowledge almost immediately. Thanks again for sharing your auto cultivation skills.