What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.D. Auto ® | Speed Devil ® | Speed Devil #2 ® ★ Test Grow ★

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bonequicha! Thanks for your visit and welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum! :tiphat:

Yep, I think you can get good results using SAD Auto. I personally prefer Cream Caramel Auto, but that's just a personal preference, specially in terms of taste and effect ;)

Just in case you haven't yet seen my Cream Caramel Autos, here's a link > https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=196409&page=5

My SAD Auto strain report (with smoke report included) will come after plants are harvested, after they dry and cure... I will post it here.

But I already tasted some a while ago and in general I could say it's much like a non-auto SAD but with a softer smell and aroma, like if they had the same aroma but softer in the auto version. Also the effect is smoother, hehehe, it's the same kind of effect, like body stoned indica, but the auto is even more physical, good medicine for the body but with mild effects on the mind :)

You can have a look at my strain report for non-auto Sweet Afgani Delicious here > https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=195991

They share most of the genetics so most of what I mention in that report is true for the auto version. The plant on the smaller pot produced 31 grams (if I remember, I don't have my notebook here to check it), a bit more than an ounce.

But my smaller pot is a 11 litre pot, I don't think you should only use 2 litre pots, like you are asking about. But hey, I don't know if it is going to be an outdoor grow, indoor, potency of lighting, number of plants you are thinking about, etc, etc, so it is a bit vague, but 2 litre pots will not allow plants to produce not even half than they would produce with 7 litre or more.

Keep it sweet my friend, thanks again for passing by, sweet regards, :wave:

|tommy_g|

G

guest59452

Great tip, ill be trying one of each, the cream carmels seem to be cheaper than the sad's anyhoo. Will be deffinatly trying to achieve the most couchlock indica i can get out of an auto. will be growing in a limited area which iz why i am forced to make femenized seed and grow in 2 litre bottles. will try to get the 3 liters :tiphat:. hope i can cook up something sweet :pie:

thanks reply tomtom

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto + Speed Devil #1 & #2|:.
picture.php

.:|Speed Devil #1 Harvest|:.

Hi guys... :tiphat:

Now it's time for the Speed Devil #1, from the 11 litre pot :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Next will be the Speed Devil #2 :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
picture.php

.:|Speed Devil #2 Harvest|:.

Back :dance013:

Finally the pics of the last harvest, Speed Devil #2 now :elf:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And that's it. Soon I'll tell you more about this strain and also about SAD Auto when I post my strain reports ;)

Keep passing by, sweet smokes!! :peppermintstick:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
picture.php

.:|Roots after harvest|:.

Hi Intern@tional! Thanks for your visit! :wave:

A while ago someone asked me to post some pics of the "soil cake" after harvest of the plants on the 18 litre pots, to check if autos use the whole 18 litres of soil or if is too much for them.

Some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I think 18 litre pots (or bigger) is the way to go if you have space for this kind of pots. If not, at least 7 litre pots, to have a good harvest from autoflowering strains. I will only use 18 litre pots in my next indoor grow with autos, which I will start in September ;) Stay tuned, it's going to be even more interesting than this one.

I'll be back soon with the strain reports, keep it sweet! :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the visit and comments my friends!

Desert Dan > actually I already got them, but only in spanish, hehehe, I'll see if I have time to translate the Speed Devil #2 strain report today or tomorrow and the SAD Auto strain report in the end of this week ;)

Keep passing by, sweet regards! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Strain Report
<Speed Devil #2 >
picture.php

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Speed Devil #2
Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy
Grower: Tommy
Report date: 25-07-2011

picture.php
picture.php

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 16
Yield: 17
Appearance: 13
Visible trychomes: 16
Aroma of the dried flowers: 16
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 16
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 15
Tolerance: 17
Effect: 17
Buzz duration: 16

Final result: 159/200

picture.php

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: A very tough and resistant plant, with strong branches which are not easy to bend. Speed Devil #2 produces a big main cola and multiple side branches, capable of producing buds of a very nice caliber. It is very easy to grow and, despite in my case it ended up with only 30cm of height, it is expectable to reach a height of between 40 and 90cm. Production is very good for an autoflowering strain and it is a very fast variety, mine was harvested 64-67 days after germination of the seeds, but it could have been harvested with 60 days with a good maturity. Rock hard buds.

Aroma and taste descriptions: A very aromatic autoflowering strain, with a sweet scented aroma. I can also notice some distinctive tones of spices and cheese, but also some other a bit harder to notice of chocolate and cathedral. In the aroma of the smoke I can identify a marvelous mix of musk and hash taste, while in the nose soft notes of cheese can be appreciated.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [2] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [6] Ammonia [ ] Anise [ ] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [2] Cedar [3] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [ ]
Chocolate [3] Citric [ ] Coconut [ ] Fuel [2] Sweet [6] Spices [4] Floral [2] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [ ] Hashish [2] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [2] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [3] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [ ] Menthol [1] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [1]
Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [3] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [5] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]
Skunk [1] Earthy [1] Grape [2] Vanilla [ ]
picture.php

Effect descriptions: An effect much more of the Indica side although it also features a good energy input, so I think it must have a Sativa part also. It arrives very fast, just a couple of minutes after the first spliff and it usually lasts a while more than one hour. As it may induce a bit of euphoria it seems to me that this herb is more suitable to be used when going out to a party or to some animated cheerful place than to be used to stay at home. Anyway, as it features a very strong effect it can get to sleep users who are not used to high flights. It is also good to practice sports or to simply go for a bike ride.

picture.php

Speed Devil #2 ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
|16/20|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!

I'll see if I have time to post during this weekend, or else very soon ;)

Thanks for passing by and sorry for going a bit slow now, hehehe :wave:

Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Strain Report
..::|Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto|::..
picture.php

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto (Autoflowering Black Domina)
Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy
Grower: Tommy
Report date: 06-08-2011

picture.php
picture.php

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 17
Yield: 17
Appearance: 15
Visible trychomes: 17
Aroma of the dried flowers: 16
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 16
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 19
Tolerance: 18
Effect: 18
Buzz duration: 19

Final result: (172/200)

picture.php

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto is a plant very easy to grow and to hide. It can be kept short in balconies and gardens where a limit of height should be respected and it is discreet also in terms of odour, because while she is alive if we don’t touch her the plant releases very few of her sweet aroma. It features strong branches which make of her a very bushy plant. The one I grew in a 18 liter pot produced 39 grams of dry flowers and she ended up with 30cm of height. In an outdoor grow during the summer the expected would be the 40 to 90cm mentioned in the Sweet Seeds catalog. But the fact that she remains short doesn’t prevent her to produce abundant flowers, just like her genetics predispose her to and just like you can see in this grow diary. She’s a bit less “hairy” than the non-auto version of SAD but her calyxes inflate in a great measure in the end of the flowering period, making dense and compact buds.

Aroma and taste descriptions: A sweet fresh aroma. Just like in the non-auto version, when we rub our fingers in her trichomed flowers it smells like a sweet venom which reminds me the intense sweetness of cough syrup. It is a medicinal aroma which makes the aroma to be persistent in the mouth and also in the nose. The taste is similar to the aroma but it features soft fruity tones with a bit of anise, which are only noticeable when we try the smoke/vapor.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [2] Ammonia [ ] Anise [4] Berry [ ] Blueberry [2] Coffee [2] Meat [ ] Church [4] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [ ]
Chocolate [2] Citric [ ] Coconut [ ] Fuel [1] Sweet [4] Spices [2] Floral [2] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [6] Hashish [4] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [3] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [3] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [ ] Menthol [ ] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [2]
Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [1] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [1]
Skunk [ ] Earthy [2] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]
picture.php

Effect descriptions: SAD Auto offers a happy effect, relaxed and very physical. It arrives in a few minutes. The peak is between 5 and 30 minutes after consumption but it usually lasts more than one hour. The effect is adequate to when we practice activities that allow us to be calm and comfortable, such as walking, relax in the beach or in the nature, read, see movies or even to sleep, for example. A good effect to raise appetite, which is very noticeable about one hour after toking. Strong effect, Indica style.

picture.php

Sweet Afgani Delicious Auto ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
|17/20|

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Way to go Tommy!!! Thank you very much.:tiphat: Seems to me that the cream caramel was your favorite out of all the autos you ran... Makes me glad I bought two packs of the CC :dance013:

DD

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks mate!

Now I'm going on vacations and when I come back I'll post the usual final conclusions, to close the thread :)

Yep, Cream Caramel Auto is my favourite auto from the Sweet Seeds catalog. Maybe because I like the strong indica effects, others may prefer other strains. CC Auto would be my favourite and then Big Devil #2, after Fast Bud #2 and after that I would have to put both Black Jack Auto and SAD Auto tie, hehehe.

Thanks for your visits and for your patience, hehe, hope you enjoy your autoflowering caramels ;)

Keep it sweet,

|tommy_g|