What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestion for New Forum

Dr. D

Veteran
Excellent idea...this would be very helpful to newbie growers and we do see alot of them here..everyone gotta start some where and it would be a great help to them....peace

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the idea of a place to be able to pop in and possibly help someone/advise (always a great pleasure) or even learn (always a new trick to be learnt), makes things so much easier and more effiecient........i can see the idea really boosting the site, deffinatly a possitive move.
Peace

Rellikbuzz

I agree, Chemchris, and I'll be here to help with any additions to the forum that I might be able to contribute.

G

Hi everyone,
I've been growing for number of years and can't seem to break free from my CFLs and micro grows. Most new growers get discouraged with expensive systems they see. The forum should include micro gardens and CFLs, since the costs of a grow are low and relatively easy to pull off when space is limited. Just a suggestion.
GL

G

i think this is a great idea...

anything i could do to help...

i think indigo should be a mod..or whatever.. i've just noticed... she really seems to have very strong leadership skills, and always asks the right questions to properly facilitate the learning process...along with excellent growing skills and great ideas... just a thought..

G

HeHeHe

HeHeHe

See what you went and did girl? Someone has Just Noticed the help you give out and they wanna Elect you to be a MOD on a Forum you suggested. I would Second that if I wanted you to Slap me. You're setting YourSelf up for many a sleepless night. I thought you were trying to keep a Low Profile?

Last edited:
G

Actually I could use a good slap. I can't think of a better person to put the Newbies through the paces. I might pose as a young growdie just to get some attention.

G

Good thinkin, Indy..

Good thinkin, Indy..

:2cents:

Main Forum - Potfarming 101 - Where new growers and veterans alike can come to ask questions, learn basic concepts, share experiences, and offer advice to grow better pot.
Sub Forum - Soil and Composting - The Basics of Container Gardening
Sub Forum - New-to-Hydro./Aero. - Learn to Grow Hydroponic/Bioponically/Aeroponically
Sub Forum - Genetics, Breeding, and Strains - Which strain should i grow? Which Strain is better? What's your favorite strain? What strain would fit my microcabinet? what is the most potent indica? what are the difference between indica and sativa? (some examples of newb q's asked over and over agin, lets keep em all in 1 place and if MOD's are actually doing their job threads like this would all find there way to the right place even if originally posted elsewhere.
Sub Forum - Propagation 101 - Seedling and Cloning techniques FYI

.....just a few examples, i need to smoke :smoke: later

cj

Sleepy

Veteran
see how confident one becomes with some serious odor control?

hehehe

you go girl! :woohoo: :bat: :woohoo: :bat: :moon:

great idea!

there is/was a 'get you growing' special on the seedBay, why not a 'get you growing' section here, too?? :chin:

p.s. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Indigo again."

Last edited:

marimbas

i agree... a forum for newbies, would be great, it would be awsome to fill it up with some tutorials, from the pro growers!!! (sticky threads) like how to set up something, things to watch, best strains for newbies, all that kind of info, that when you are getting into this, you have no idea...

redbone

Excellent idea, Doll. We're all newbies at something. It's also good to have basic information if you've been away from it for a while.

Tandare

I have grown off and on for many years now.
Most of what I learned to get started was read in HT magazine.
My knowledge of growing is limited.
I would find a forum for helping people learn from other exp growers is a great idea.
I would enjoy learning as much as I can.
I hope this forum is built.
Tandare

G

a great idea indeed, also a (DIY) subforum would really be cool for things like basic
bubbler setups, microboxes, and carbon filters for those who would like to give them a try without breaking the bank. Took me a couple months of digging through OG when I first setup indoors. Anyways just a thought. And thanks to all for the knowledge allready obtained from this site

G

I think its a super idea and your right about questions getting un answered. I'd be willing to help out in any way. Well at least the hydro question, not to great with the soil. Can't wait to see what happens with this. I think the newbie are going to be happy if this comes about. Its a great idea and i'm on board.
Take care,
BG