What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel .:|:. Strain Report

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
______________Strain Report
______________________.:|Cream Caramel|:.

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Cream Caramel (BlueBlack x Mapple Leaf Indica x White Rhino)
Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy G
Grower: Tommy G
Report date: 08 May 2010

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 19
Yield: 19
Appearance: 19
Visible trychomes: 19
Aroma of the dried flowers: 19
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 18
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 18
Tolerance: 18
Efect: 20
Buzz duration: 19

Final result: 18,8 (188/200)

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: This is a 90% Indica variety and its structure matches that number. It is a short plant, featuring many side branches, from which we can manage to get huge buds by bending the main bud, allowing the side branches to be exposed to as much lumens as the main bud. I've done that and I just can say that this variety responds very well to some LST, while being very appropriate to use in SCROG and to grow ops where we have a big grow area and few plants to fill it. It's a short flowering variety, which can be harvested at 56-65 days of flowering, even if we like to wait until the trychomes get amber, in order to obtain a more medicinal and relaxing high. She can be well fed and it's easily noticeable that she likes it as she eats everything one can give her. Also drinks all the water she's given, which is a good thing for the indoor growers as it usually originates healthier roots. The internodal distance is short. The phenos featuring flowers that look more like the Maple Leaf Indica are the ones with the prettiest flowers, but the rest of the phenos usually have very hard and compact buds. The calyx to leaf ratio is good and allows a very easy manicure.

Aroma and taste descriptions: It features a strong aroma, fruity and sweet. When oppening the jars, one can identify a notable oregano smell which mixes very well with the sweet aromas. But I must clarify that this oregano smell does not influence the taste of the smoke/vapor. The taste is intense and sweet. By now I can identify a slight anise taste, which will surely become more intense as it goes further through the curing process. Maybe that's the aroma by which this variety was named (Caramel), as this slight initial anise aroma will surely soften up with time and become more creamy, like caramel drops. The taste is more fruity than incensed. In the end it leaves an exquisite aftertaste, very nice and sweet, with strong liquorice notes, a taste with some similarities to the taste of sugarcane molasses.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

__.__[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [ ] Ammonia [ ] Anise [7] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [2] Meat [ ] Church [ ] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [4]
Chocolate [ ] Citric [2] Coconut [ ] Fuel [ ] Sweet [6] Spices [ ] Floral [3] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [2] Candy [8] Hashish [ ] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [ ] Soap [ ] Lemon [2] Wood [ ] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [2] Menthol [ ] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [ ]
Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [ ] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [8]
Skunk [ ] Earthy [ ] Grape [ ] Vanilla [1]

Effect descriptions: Cream Caramel features the best effect I have obtained from a variety in the last 3 years, since I started my search for relaxing varieties. I've grown many other strains for their high CBD content, but no other strain has provided me such a special effect. It is very powerful but at the same time one will not get devastated, as it shows a security ceiling exactly in the right point (in my opinion, of course). Whilst stimulating the senses, she soothes the mind and will quickly put a smile on your face. It is very suitable to use when one sits in a sofa to watch some movies or documentaries and is also good to have a nice piece of rest/sleep. Another very important characteristic of this strain and its effects is that in the day after using it, when the user wakes up in the morning, he gets up full of energy and with a clean head, which I find very crucial since it allows the user to smoke/vape some Cream Caramel even when dealing with important affairs in the day after. It is also a nice one to go for a walk in the countryside since it helps to amplify and beautify the colors of mother nature. Adequate to use as an appetite stimulator. I'm definitely very well surprised with the effect she provides and I only hope that I have a good tolerance for her.

Cream Caramel ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
____________.______..|19/20|

Painfull

Very nice and well made report. I have some CC in the frig. and i will give it a go soon.
Thank You,
Painfull

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend!

Thanks for your comments and also thanks for choosing Cream Caramel, I'm sure you'll like them.

It is curious but I remember reading something from you 2 or 3 years ago, I guess you were looking for some pure Indica or high CBD strains, weren't you? Just can't remember if it was for personal preference or for some kind of health problem, but it doesn't matter anyway. What I take the chance to ask you is if the choice of Cream Caramel was made when you were looking for a mostly Indica high in CBD, was it?

It is a very nice Indica high and with a good CBD content it helps me to relax and to have a better sleep...

Stay cool, sweet smokes! :wave:

|tommy_g|

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
I grew out Cream caramel outdoors 2 years ago. It was the MLI in it that attracted me. I like MLI. CC is a nice plant, easy to grow with a decent buzz. Good yield, it clones easily. I really had 2 pheno's. 1 nice green christmas tree and one that was shorter, bushier and purpled a bit. Both were nice and had good vigor. The strain has a nice, sweet taste, smooth smoke. I found that a 6 mo cure really enhanced her qualities and added a little narcotic touch. The plants have good stabilty. I didnt find a seed in 4lbs of smoke and thats really pretty good.

The christmas tree pheno's reaced 2m/7' and yielded 12 0zs dried. The bushier pheno reached 5.5' and yielded about the same. The bushier pheno was slighly more succeptable to grey mould, but the strain has decent resistance given the size of the mature buds. No problems really/ no blight or pm and neither are uncommon in my enviroment.

Im at 36n. I saw first real flowers at the end of July and I cut the plants around the 5th of October- 70 days. She seemed to really pack on the sparkles in that last 10 days, so i wouldnt want to chop her early. I had 6 of the plants growing in one site and at 8 weeks into flower, and a week or so before harvest, the plants took on a peculiar scent. With a blazing sun at high noon, the plants looked wet with dank sticky dew, gooey: but honestly as i was walking toward the patch, i would ask myself " what the hell has crawled up in here and died?!" It turned out to be my dank ass CC plants. Im serious, the dead animal smell that appeared in late flower in the field disappears with a cure and reveals a sweet tasty treat. Its nice weed, but....honestly, if you have a big group of fully flowered girls being slammed with sunshine, get a nose plug!! Whew on those last 2 weeks outdoors!

Recommended. You wont be disappointed.

I have some nice pics i took and im shuffling these Cds around trying to find them. I ll try to get them up. Giving the GP a go this summer.

https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/38268silverback_0821.jpg

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
I mate! Thanks for your report, really interesting.

Hope you can find the pics, see you soon! Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

I am loving this strain. Such a sweet taste and I've barely begun my cure. :D

IMG 0511

DSCF0706.JPG

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friend! Nice, welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum :tiphat:

I'm also a Cream Caramel fan. Yours looks very nice, beautiful flowers and a good production.

Hope you enjoy the sweet smokes! Thanks for the visit and the pics :thank you:

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

B

BrothaMicc

A big warm hug to Spain !!

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the CCs I got ! Unfortunately I made no pics but each and every plant of all 6 was great ! The yielding was superb and the high was strong but relatively clear-headed and I enjoyed it against my chronic stomach pain and the depressions ! So really a great strain ! No need to mix up since the cannabinoid profile seemed to be perfect for my case ! So big thanks again for making life worth living and havin such a great time with your strains ! In growing and smoking !! Always again ! You are definitely one of my fav banks !

All the best from Germany to your whole team (and of course your plants :) )

Michael

Greenfingered

Great report, have smoke some of this a friend has sent me from spain that was grown outdoors, really nice high well balanced imo, defiantly will be adding this to the grow room soon.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate! Thanks for sharing, really cool, they usually do very well also outdoors ;)

And when it comes to the "independent", if it means anything to you guys, this report I made for the Cream Caramel was made a while before I started working with the seedbank moderating their forums. So it can also be considered independent, since I had no relation at all with them at the time. The same with this grow diary

Hope you enjoy the Cream Caramel, I'm now doing them in their autoflowering version and I'm very happy so far.

Thanks again, keep it high! :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend! Welcome to this subforum!

Very beautiful indeed, those buds look delicious, hope you enjoy them ;)

Thanks for sharing, keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

3illmesmart

On the way

On the way

Tommy, my CC is on the way. I topped at 4 weeks and have 4 beautiful colas on each of the 2 plants I have going. They kind of exploded when I hit them with Overdrive, but should be ready any day now. It's going to be a long wait until they are cured.

Attachments

• bud21.jpeg
    bud21.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friend! ...and welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum here at ICMag! :tiphat:

Thanks for the pic, it's looking good. Judging only by the color of the stigmas (pistils) I would say she could use 1 more week of life, and then yes, you could and should harvest the plants ;)

Keep us updated, you could try a couple of smokes after the drying procedure, I always try my herbs the day I put them into the jars for curing.

Sweet smokes, kind regards,

|tommy_g|

4i4kata

Hi everybody.I.d like to share some of my fotos of this sweet plant,one of my favorite,The Cream Caramel...Very,very nice plant.easy to grow,fast flowering period,good production and ofcourse verysweet and nice taste and high.sure my next grow i.ll repite with some seeds of the cream..i had also S.A.D. botafumeiros,pcihodelicia,black jack..Thank you sweet seeds:tiphat:

not so profi.pics but you can see somthing hehe, ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, :ying::ying::ying::ying:..i hope you enjoy,,,Hasta la proxima caballeros!

Latest posts

Latest posts