What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HID Bhut Jolokia growlog ...

supermanlives

Veteran
just ordered mine along with a cherry pepper 60,000 and a few others. cant wait to fool my neighbor who thinks he can handle the heat LOL. does anyone know if i can use the seeds from a b hut pepper to continue growing them or are they sterile?

B

bonecarver_OG

the seeds of a bhut will not be sterile.

if you only had bhut jolokia flowering and no other chili varieties around, the seeds will be viable, and also its going to be inbreed one generation :)

if you are growing multiple varieties the outcome can be less sure, because of cross polination.

supermanlives

Veteran
thanks. i prob will keep them seperated from other peppers as much as possible. i wonder if inbred more i can find even hotter plants LOL i probably need a few suckers as test subjects.

supermanlives

Veteran
my b huts are tiny ass plants. just started flowering. i am giving them additional lighting at night to keep em going.i wont be buying from the company i got mine from.they suck. container contains vermiculite with a cotton like strip at bottom. impossible to transplant easilly. waste of my time.mymagicplant my ass