What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

opt1c

Veteran
I can understand why one would call BS on this advice... especially one that has not run a clean room before.

Run it SOG, heavy, never, ever had PM... no sprays, no burners, no chems... just good ole fashioned air circulation.

Have to admit, I am fortunate to have a low RH environment, so that part comes easy with simple air exchange.

You should try something before you knock it. PM has a very, very, very hard (near impossible) germ rate w RH in the upper 30's + temps at 80F... day/night is the trick... no spikes.

Best wishes however... glad i'm not smoking your product. Peace.

i run a sealed room at 85f and 30-40%rh during flower; if it is raining outside and there is pm outside ur environment you WILL get in in your garden sooner or later... pretending you won't is just setting urself up for failure :tiphat:

so krunch u let em soak all night with the lights off... u leave ur fans on after spraying or those off as well?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
everything off but the exhaust fan. i have to prop up most the plants, or they will snap from the weight of the water.

BigTop

i run a sealed room at 85f and 30-40%rh during flower; if it is raining outside and there is pm outside ur environment you WILL get in in your garden sooner or later... pretending you won't is just setting urself up for failure :tiphat:

so krunch u let em soak all night with the lights off... u leave ur fans on after spraying or those off as well?

Common brother, we both know better than that... each environment/room/situation needs special attention... I never said never... and never said that I never had an issue, ever, nor that I would ever again... ever did i say that is... :tiphat:

Think my point was simply to offer additional light to subject matter of chems as it hadn't been brought up before. If one is to use them, be safe as the chems are toxic by nature... that's all. Plus, there are alternatives, depending on the circumstances.

Peace.

Wooderson

powder mildew, its everywhere. the shit sucks! people have lost tons of money to powder mildew. you use sulfur burners, serenade, neem, fungicides, raw milk, dutch master products and many, many other things that may knock pm down, but will not get rid of it. you may not see it, but it will come back! at at the time when it gets you the worst...

well guys, i have a product for you. my group of growers has been using this product for several years now. has never let us down and has never, ever, not worked!

EAGLE 20EW
http://www.growerssolution.com/page/GS/PROD/Fungicides/71-1435

BUT! I ONLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT IN VEGETATIVE STAGE !!!

its a systemic poison like avid or floramite. you only need 2 ml per gallon for this to work, of course a spreader should be used. use it to get rid of pm, or as a prevention.

your days of the powder mildew blues is long gone.........:party:

good luck guys!:wave:

What is a spreader?

Blckbrd

What is a spreader?

Or Dutch Master Penetrator Gold. BTW, just pulled the trigger on some Eagle-20 ... thanks!

Thought I cloned a girl before this odd fungus (?) got to her, but no such luck. Gonna see if Eagle can reverse it.

The funk is almost like tiny leopard spotting (grey-ish) underneath the outer layer of the plant dermis/skin and first visible on the underside of the fan leaf stems. It does not grow on the outside, but rather seems to appear from within just under the outer layer of the plant "skin". Eventually, it causes the leaves to die off. Dunno what it is, but hope Eagle can sort it out. It either came from the sick mother or from a batch of seeds that came from a diseased plant (if that is possible), or both.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I used some PM organic shit from OSH, that shit was GARBAGE. now im using this garlic based shit that some hippies in santa cruz swore by it seems to work better but smells like garlic pizza.

im def gonna get some of that eagle 20 shit tho..

FLoJo

I used some PM organic shit from OSH, that shit was GARBAGE. now im using this garlic based shit that some hippies in santa cruz swore by it seems to work better but smells like garlic pizza.

im def gonna get some of that eagle 20 shit tho..

LOL the hippies in SC.. you never know if they are right on it, or just on it

I used eagle20EW on my vegging plants (Smells like a product of plastic manufacturing.)

I dipped em all instead of spraying at 2mL/gal +20mL Humboldt Sticky. Plants were approx. 10-12 inches tall. All were burnt a bit by the mix.... new tips look extra light yellow and poorly formed.

Plants should be OK in a few days, I think next time I use it I will probably go a bit lower on the dosage.

I did not root drench with the eagle... considering it as the stems at the base of the plant show PM still, even though I specifically applied the Eagle to those spots.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Could someone post a link or picture of pm in diff stages.

Stay safe and high.
.......HYDRO......

MR.Montana

Or Dutch Master Penetrator Gold. BTW, just pulled the trigger on some Eagle-20 ... thanks!

Thought I cloned a girl before this odd fungus (?) got to her, but no such luck. Gonna see if Eagle can reverse it.

The funk is almost like tiny leopard spotting (grey-ish) underneath the outer layer of the plant dermis/skin and first visible on the underside of the fan leaf stems. It does not grow on the outside, but rather seems to appear from within just under the outer layer of the plant "skin". Eventually, it causes the leaves to die off. Dunno what it is, but hope Eagle can sort it out. It either came from the sick mother or from a batch of seeds that came from a diseased plant (if that is possible), or both.

Ive got the same problem....let me know how you make out

Snype

Veteran
Good looking out Krunch! I got my bottle of Eagle in the mail as we speak! You the man! :bow:

I have only grown indoors for about 7 years and I have never had a problem with PM or Root Aphids until my boy brought me clones from a few Cannibis clubs about 8 mos ago. BECAREFUL WITH CLONES!

Quarantine them and, if you use Imid or EAGLE 20EW, TREAT THEM & ALOW THEM TO RECOVER BEFORE YOU BRING THEM ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR GENERAL POPULATION AND GROW AREAS! If you don't, It's like having sex with a Prostitute in the middle of a Herpes epidemic and deciding not to wear a Jimmy! When those Root Aphids hit I thought I had full blown AIDS!

Better yet, stick with seeds and your own clones.

I lost about 6 mos to Root Aphids, and PM is all I have left to deal with. I don't know how I avoided PM for so long. I didn't even think it was a problem! When it comes to PM I am a newbie.

Krunch, I also live in Cali. Can Eagle be bought over the counter anywhere? Or is it strictly mail order? Need it yesterday!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Krunchy.....got my bottle o' Eagle. Gonna give it a whirl. Wanted to ask how often you're re-applying if at all.......I know it's said to be a preventative as well as a curative....and it's suggested to be between 14-28 days.....
I used Avid to knock out spider mites.....haven't seen 'em come back and don't intend to use Avid preventatively....
Hoping this may be the case for Eagle. Just wanted some advice.

Additionally, I wanted to thank you for the heads up. I'm hoping this is the Silver bullet for my issues. :)

anikas88

Hey Krunch, or anybody whos used this, how often do you spray? every week?month? how late into flowering can i use this? do you use this with any thing else?

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Hey Krunch, or anybody whos used this, how often do you spray? every week?month? how late into flowering can i use this? do you use this with any thing else?

You'll notice that's what my last post was about. No updated info. yet however. I read the bottle and there's clearly an indication about 14-28 day intervals. Krunch already indicated that he believes it's active for longer periods if I'm not mistaken. If that's not accurate, at the very least I know he stated that you should not use this during flowering at all.

It's clearly something that would still be in the plant by the end of the flowering process.......so I'd personally say the cut-off is the switch to 12/12. Any time before that is cool.

I sprayed down EVERYTHING that had roots the other night. Everything seems healthy and didn't react badly to a combination of the Eagle (2ml/gallon) and Dutch Master's Penetrator (1 tbsp/gallon).
In fact the plants arguably look healthier already.

I've got my fingers crossed, but would definitely like some feedback from other people about now often they are spraying....

Latest posts

Latest posts