What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

J

*Journeyman*

Yes Eagle-20 works fantastic. For me though eventually it came back on plants that were vegged for a few months that I treated but this was at a place where I had a tent, high humidity issues cause I needed to turn the fans off at night to sleep...lol, and general poor ventilation in the house. Was still amazed how long the PM was not there!

Lately been looking into some things on a project and the benefits of calcium for combating PM came up. Seems calcium immediately deactivates the pectolytic enzymes produced by PM. These enzymes basically dissolve the pectin structure between plant cells. Got a friend experimenting with a unique form of calcium used as a foliar in combination with a few other organic ingredients I put together as a formula to see how that works...but also gave him some Eagle-20 to work with.

Another thing been getting into is brix levels, sap pH and general plant health and disease/pest resistance. For sure weak/stressed plants are more susceptible to things like PM and this is something people should not neglect giving attention to. The lower the sap pH the greater likelihood of disease problems. High pH and more pest problems. If you're pH is high or low then brix is not optimal. Low pH and you're looking at a shortage of cations like Ca, Mg, K, and/or Na. High and a shortage of anions like N, P and/or S.

But hell yeah Eagle-20 knocks PM right out. Best thing out there IMO.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yes Eagle-20 works fantastic. For me though eventually it came back on plants that were vegged for a few months that I treated but this was at a place where I had a tent, high humidity issues cause I needed to turn the fans off at night to sleep...lol, and general poor ventilation in the house. Was still amazed how long the PM was not there!

Lately been looking into some things on a project and the benefits of calcium for combating PM came up. Seems calcium immediately deactivates the pectolytic enzymes produced by PM. These enzymes basically dissolve the pectin structure between plant cells. Got a friend experimenting with a unique form of calcium used as a foliar in combination with a few other organic ingredients I put together as a formula to see how that works...but also gave him some Eagle-20 to work with.

Another thing been getting into is brix levels, sap pH and general plant health and disease/pest resistance. For sure weak/stressed plants are more susceptible to things like PM and this is something people should not neglect giving attention to. The lower the sap pH the greater likelihood of disease problems. High pH and more pest problems. If you're pH is high or low then brix is not optimal. Low pH and you're looking at a shortage of cations like Ca, Mg, K, and/or Na. High and a shortage of anions like N, P and/or S.

But hell yeah Eagle-20 knocks PM right out. Best thing out there IMO.

very,very interesting! would like to know what the findings are....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Got my bottle Saturday.
Will report back in a few days.
I'll be using 2ml a gal.

remember to use a sticker, spreader. i use a couple drops of liquid dishwashing detergent, makes a world of difference! and yes, this shit stinks!

ace

remember to use a sticker, spreader. i use a couple drops of liquid detergent, makes a world of difference! and yes, this shit stinks!

KB,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a "sticker, spreader" and can I use a couple drops of Tide detergent?

Norkali

KB,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a "sticker, spreader" and can I use a couple drops of Tide detergent?

Ooooh, maybe not Tide. Go with a drop of some Dawn before the Tide, Krunch may even have a specific recommendation. Otherwise, you can buy specific sticker/spreaders such as Advanced Nutrient's Wet Betty.

A sticker/spreader is what the name implies, an agent that helps to act as a spreader and/or sticker for whatever it is applied to, it makes liquids spread evenly over surfaces instead of beading up and also helps it 'stick' to the surface instead of evaporating/dripping off.

oregon024

I control pm in my room with a real good aircirculation fan.Place it underneeth table.Cut holes in table.Turn that sucker on high.Works good for me.Less chemicals the better

wolfeman

Hey krunch, I just wanted to say thanks for reccomending this to me a few months ago. Man does that stuff work...as in GONE!!

I saw this thread when I tried to PM you about something else, but I guess I don't have enough posts yet. If you could PM me that would be awesome.

Thanks again!

Kcar thanks for the tip regarding the Greencure. I went through and tried to get it on the girls as thoroughly as I could. I didnt use distilled or RO so I'll have to go through again.

:tiphat:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Hey, Krunchy, whens the best time to spray? Just after lights out?
Also, how heavy of a soaking do you give them?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts