Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > COB LED for micro grows

Thread Title Search
COB LED for micro grows Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM #1
Athos

Athos will become famous soon enoughAthos will become famous soon enoughAthos will become famous soon enough
COB LED for micro grows

I must admit that I have no idea about what COBs are and their capabilities.
I'm just curious because I'm seeing them more and more, with posted yields of 2+ gpw.
Any of you guys know about them? Is it worth looking into it for a micro grow?
Athos is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2018, 01:58 AM #2
jonhova

jonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the rough
A lot of us use diy led screw in bulbs from the hardeare store 9/10 watt or 15 watt bulbs.
jonhova is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2018, 02:17 AM #3
Athos

Athos will become famous soon enoughAthos will become famous soon enoughAthos will become famous soon enough
I know, me too. I'm just been curious
Athos is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2018, 06:42 PM #4
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
i dont see the point, small size, small height, more heat (less space) = ideal for low distance low intensity high spread

cobs are everything you dont want in small sizes, you should consider cobs when youre looking at 150w+ or bigger than 2feet tents

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:26 AM #5
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Some growers are running this rig:

https://growerslights.com/products/h...nt=42276846026

When I get around to it I'll pull the trigger on this.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:35 AM #6
Goats

Goats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to allGoats is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Some growers are running this rig:

https://growerslights.com/products/h...nt=42276846026

When I get around to it I'll pull the trigger on this.
i just swapped over to a 65 for my little 2x2 veg area and plants are absolutely loving it. they're great lights.

do you know how close you can get to the 135 before plants show adverse effects? are people dialing it down a bit when plants get close? i was thinking maybe 2 of the 65w kits would be perfect for a 2x2 flower area with limited height.
Goats is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2018, 06:03 PM #7
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
would depend on how much of the ambient air between the lights and the plants gets sucked out, if you have 1 or 2 fans blowing over the tops you can get away with a lot

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:26 PM #8
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to allBuddah Watcha is a name known to all
cobs for the win, they are great imo, look at my 90w of love grow diary and you can see whats up, now with the pin heatsinks that you dont need a fan for it, already with screw holes and the new cob chips where no soldering is necessary I think they are a great option for micro setups, you can run them at around 35w and get great penetration and cover... cobs are really cheap, 25 bucks you can get a really nice cob plus the heatsinks are not soo bad either...