What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Ethiopian, Panama x Honduras, Panama, Golden Tiger and Kalichina x Zamaldel

Tangwena

Veteran
Oh the cobs are looking like they will turn out alright! Those buds look mighty fine on their own, though. How does the smell change with the cob? Pardon, I'm new to the procedure...
Hi my friend its a totally different twist on the smell dried.
When the cobs come out of the vacuum bag after 1 week of curing, the first time you open the bag its very sweet fermented smell based on the smell of the buds that went in.
If you get into cob curing the smell tells you with a little experience if it needs further curing or is right to partly dry and start the aging process.
The aging process is just partly drying not fully drying and then resealing it for a minimum of 1 month.
Three months is best after that its just storage time. But at 3 months aging you will find if its all gone to plan. That you have a stick of herb with the consistency of soft hash and a very mild smoking profile.
The high will have changed as well to something that you probably have never had before or if you have it will be a distant memory.
With the right herb its as good as a high can get IMO.

This method is not about the look, the smell or the taste its all about getting the best high imaginable from your plant. If you get it right you will not care about the look or smell ever again.

Its not for everyone but those who know usually never want anything else once they have used this method a few times.
Below is some Golden Tiger cobs and buds before and after.
As you can see there is nothing the same about them.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Early picked GT

Early picked GT

Due to a white fly invasion which is out of control all my clones are getting picked early probably around 8 weeks or so.
The buds were very young and had only clear resin.
But 24hrs in a mason jar under vacuum in 40c has made them more acceptable time will tell if they are strong.
I am going to dry them enough to store them in a vacuumed jar for a month and see how much they improve.

The first cob I made of the early Malawi x Ethiopian is drying after a week of curing in the vacuum bag.
Outstanding aromas from this week old cob.
I will be drying it 50% to slow the cure and keep this color and aroma as much as I can while it finishes its cure in the vac bag.
Grab some of these seeds if you like spiritual trippy highs these are going to be sought after you dont want to miss them.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger

This is dry enough for sealing now to mature and cure in a vacuum jar. the bud was all green 4 days ago and still alive on the plant.

picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
I just want to smoke everything you grow! It looks amazing. I have been lucky enough to try the real golden malawi cobs and they definitely give the weed a different twist. A lot of field growers in Africa also sweat/ferment their harvest under piles of grass clippings, I wonder if this makes any difference.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi Ethiopian real deal dagga

Malawi Ethiopian real deal dagga

I just want to smoke everything you grow! It looks amazing. I have been lucky enough to try the real golden malawi cobs and they definitely give the weed a different twist. A lot of field growers in Africa also sweat/ferment their harvest under piles of grass clippings, I wonder if this makes any difference.
Hi my friend it gets pretty hot under glass clippings it would def sweat the buds.
I just opened another Malawi x Ethiopia cob its been curing for 6 days since its 24hr sweat at 40c.
I just dried it for an hour just so it feels dry to the touch.
It was wet when I opened it. Now its back in the bag to cure and age I cant wait for the next couple of months to hurry by so I can try this baby and all the others too ha ha. Sublime aroma real old school ganja man.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ULMW

Tangwena, which of the crosses did you choose old Killer Malawi x Ethiopian or the New Killer Malawi x Ethiopian?

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena, which of the crosses did you choose old Killer Malawi x Ethiopian or the New Killer Malawi x Ethiopian?
That was new killer Malawi I got 2phenos both more or less the same but with a slightly different aroma.
The best smelling was the slower flowering pheno.
I have also ordered fruity Malawi x Ethiopia and another packet of these so I will have a few in storage.
I really want to get into growing this cross big time its so delicate and I am sure I can grow it better in a grow dedicated to just this cross.
I have a clone of this and the GT outside in the sun and am battling to keep them from growing into trees ha ha.
I just like anything crossed to Malawi.

I also ordered some of the new 3rd GT release the Chiang mia? or something crossed to Malawi I cant wait to get that one as well.
I am going to be busy.

I tried the Panama cob its only been curing for 3 weeks but its devastatingly good.
The most powerful Panama I have grown so far and it will be dynamite after its aged a couple of months.
Even this early I got a really deep out of body experience when I chewed 0.47g of slightly damp cob. It will just get better as it ages and get heaps clearer as well.

ULMW

Greetings Tangwena! Wonderful news! Thanks for the reply and info. Am also looking at these combos and was thinling of the Old Malawi Killer x Ethiopian.
So many great choices @ Ace Seeds!
Glad your cobs are already providing an uplifting experience.
Happy growing!

Ncali

Veteran
The Malawi crosses are sick! I have three generations of GT and the Panama Malawi, which is my current favorite ace genetic!

The new Thai chang Mai looks interesting, she looks kinda vine like early in veg... we will see how she flowers.

I have an evil question tangwena, lol. You've grown so much of ace catalogue, what are your favorite genetics so far? Haha might be like picking one of your kids over another!!:laughing:

Thanks for the cob reports, makes me want to deep dive the Panama line.

Be well sir! :tiphat:

NC

Tangwena

Veteran
The Malawi crosses are sick! I have three generations of GT and the Panama Malawi, which is my current favorite ace genetic!

The new Thai chang Mai looks interesting, she looks kinda vine like early in veg... we will see how she flowers.

I have an evil question tangwena, lol. You've grown so much of ace catalogue, what are your favorite genetics so far? Haha might be like picking one of your kids over another!!:laughing:

Thanks for the cob reports, makes me want to deep dive the Panama line.

Be well sir! :tiphat:

NC
Hi my friend I have only grown a handful of Aces genetics and found what I looked for straight away they are that good.
My go to strains are Golden Tiger, Panama and Zamaldelica. I am sure the others are good as well but these three give me every kind of effect I am after so why look further.
My problem is grow space if it was legal where I live I would try everything they have but in my small space these 3 have it all.

By curing them the old way you can get 3 different highs from the same plant and they are so strong I cant get myself to look at anything else.
A friend gave me some lovely jar cured buds of WiFi, ECSD and a few other top strains but I gave them away.
Not because they were not strong or didn't smell great or look fantastic.
They were very strong alright but the high wasn't there for long enough to get into it properly.
Chewed some cob of any of the strains I mentioned from Ace gets me so high for so long its like a trip for 6 to 8hrs.
That is more than enough for me and its long enough to get to experience it fully.
Call me old fashioned but thats what I used to smoke pot for in Africa to change my whole day not just an hour or two.

Yesterday I went to a boring party but I chewed a small dose of GT Thai pheno and was able to talk to and enjoy the most boring people and could have stayed all night it got better and better as the effects wore on.
Its like I have a doctors bag of medicine for every situation. I have never found this before so why look further.

The Malawi pheno of GT cob cured to perfection is hands down the best escape from reality high I have come across.
After a trip on that one I feel re energised and at peace with myself its like having an 8 hour orgasm of my senses there is no other way to describe it.

Zamaldelica makes me feel like I am 16 again and tripping on acid for the first time. I have never had anything like it.

Panama is so deep and powerful and makes me feel like I am a hippy California dreaming its so dreamy and lasts all day long on a half gram chewed.

With that menu of highs what else do I need its more than enough for my needs.
I love watching new people I turn on to the cobs struggle with their minds as they try and handle them for the first time.
At first they deny the effects to themselves but then the effects overwhelm them and they have to give up and let themselves be taken over.
Thats when the fun starts its like being in another world nothing comes close ha ha.
After they come down they come back the next day for more they cant get enough.
Thats what makes me happy turning people on as I was turned on the first time by my teacher in Zambia.
Its that high I have been looking for my whole life and Aces gear is as close as it gets.
Sorry for the long winded answer but its something I feel deeply about my friend.

Ncali

Veteran
Hi my friend I have only grown a handful of Aces genetics and found what I looked for straight away they are that good.
My go to strains are Golden Tiger, Panama and Zamaldelica. I am sure the others are good as well but these three give me every kind of effect I am after so why look further.
My problem is grow space if it was legal where I live I would try everything they have but in my small space these 3 have it all.

By curing them the old way you can get 3 different highs from the same plant and they are so strong I cant get myself to look at anything else.
A friend gave me some lovely jar cured buds of WiFi, ECSD and a few other top strains but I gave them away.
Not because they were not strong or didn't smell great or look fantastic.
They were very strong alright but the high wasn't there for long enough to get into it properly.
Chewed some cob of any of the strains I mentioned from Ace gets me so high for so long its like a trip for 6 to 8hrs.
That is more than enough for me and its long enough to get to experience it fully.
Call me old fashioned but thats what I used to smoke pot for in Africa to change my whole day not just an hour or two.

Yesterday I went to a boring party but I chewed a small dose of GT Thai pheno and was able to talk to and enjoy the most boring people and could have stayed all night it got better and better as the effects wore on.
Its like I have a doctors bag of medicine for every situation. I have never found this before so why look further.

The Malawi pheno of GT cob cured to perfection is hands down the best escape from reality high I have come across.
After a trip on that one I feel re energised and at peace with myself its like having an 8 hour orgasm of my senses there is no other way to describe it.

Zamaldelica makes me feel like I am 16 again and tripping on acid for the first time. I have never had anything like it.

Panama is so deep and powerful and makes me feel like I am a hippy California dreaming its so dreamy and lasts all day long on a half gram chewed.

With that menu of highs what else do I need its more than enough for my needs.
I love watching new people I turn on to the cobs struggle with their minds as they try and handle them for the first time.
At first they deny the effects to themselves but then the effects overwhelm them and they have to give up and let themselves be taken over.
Thats when the fun starts its like being in another world nothing comes close ha ha.
After they come down they come back the next day for more they cant get enough.
Thats what makes me happy turning people on as I was turned on the first time by my teacher in Zambia.
Its that high I have been looking for my whole life and Aces gear is as close as it gets.
Sorry for the long winded answer but its something I feel deeply about my friend.

Friend, no apologies needed. I could not ask for a truer or more heartfelt response.

I have a similar sentiment on ace quality, we could grow the beautiful ace genes we have now for a lifetime and be content. The joy of discovering new lovely plants... it's like meeting a new friend that you know will be around for a long time. Like breathing fresh air. A certain joy and excitement from a new experience you didn't even know you needed. To me that feeling is ace genetics, and almost no one in the market is doing it as consistently as ACE. I totally get the commitment to what's working. Unwrapping a new bean and seeing her unique flower.. from a growers aspect it's the best. Admitidly the wifey agrees with your perspective... keep the winners we have on rotation lol!

Cheers dude, I may have to look into cob. The wife is going to murder me for getting more grow gear. Until she takes her first chew...

:tiphat:

NC

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats Tangwena on another successful ACE harvest! :tiphat:

As always, i love your attitude and style, you make so easy to grow such sativa strains indoors in small spaces! :yes: Glad to know the new harvest is already into cobbing stage :D

I'm glad you are impressed with the Panama you have grown this round, very resinous and good looking, i'm very proud of the current state of Panama releases, especially the fem version with Panama Goddess as main parental plant, hard to find a Panama fem that is disappointing. Glad the new GT is also of your taste, GT master ;)
Really a nice fast pheno for indoor growing, great flower/leaf ratio as well.

I also really want to thank you for testing so well the new Panama x Honduras and Malawi/Ethiopian hybrids, it's a pleasure to know you are also excited about them! The Panama x Honduras has shown a very nice blend of traits from both strains, high yielding and easy to grow indoors, with many Panama desirable traits, but with more delicate sweet floral aromas and more uplifting qualities in the effect from the Honduras, that's what i was looking for. The Malawi/Ethiopian also has shown a great balance of traits, with the chunky dense Malawi flowers and a more delicate touch from the ethiopian that can be appreciated in your description of her aromas and in the look of her pistils. Really happy that the Malawi/Ethiopian brings you nice memories from the best cobs you had in Africa, that's a great sign ;)

I think i'm going to try to produce fem versions of the Honduras x Panama and Ethiopian/Malawi in the upcoming months.

Enjoy it friend, you truely deserve it!

Tangwena

Veteran
Update on the aging Panama and Panama x Honduras cobs.
They are both extremely potent but the Panama x Honduras is becoming something special its one month aged and the smell and taste are 5 star.
yesterday I had some at 8.30am went for a 10km walk (I usually do 7km) got home and cleaned the house, spent the rest of the day laying brick paving and still couldn't get to sleep!
The effects are so stimulating its unreal. I also had a very keen interest in every chick I saw. I haven't had this much go since I was 30 and that was a long time ago now.
After the first 6 hours instead of fading away it just got stronger as if the Honduras effects wore off and the deep cruisy Panama high took hold still full of go.
This has to be one of the best and most amazing crosses ever.
It had two parts to the high the first was euphoric and driven feeling on top of the world zero stone.
The second part cruisy and spaced out but still not tired. I feel knackered today not mentally but my body is worn out from doing so much work. My mind is still going a hundred miles an hour ha ha.
Its as strong as the Panama but has heaps more go, and its only the first month of aging once this is 3 months old who knows what fantastic things it can do.
Another gem among many gems from Ace.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Update on the aging Panama and Panama x Honduras cobs.
They are both extremely potent but the Panama x Honduras is becoming something special its one month aged and the smell and taste are 5 star.
yesterday I had some at 8.30am went for a 10km walk (I usually do 7km) got home and cleaned the house, spent the rest of the day laying brick paving and still couldn't get to sleep!
The effects are so stimulating its unreal. I also had a very keen interest in every chick I saw. I haven't had this much go since I was 30 and that was a long time ago now.
After the first 6 hours instead of fading away it just got stronger as if the Honduras effects wore off and the deep cruisy Panama high took hold still full of go.
This has to be one of the best and most amazing crosses ever.
It had two parts to the high the first was euphoric and driven feeling on top of the world zero stone.
The second part cruisy and spaced out but still not tired. I feel knackered today not mentally but my body is worn out from doing so much work. My mind is still going a hundred miles an hour ha ha.
Its as strong as the Panama but has heaps more go, and its only the first month of aging once this is 3 months old who knows what fantastic things it can do.
Another gem among many gems from Ace.

Thanks for the smoke report brother!

Sounds like some incredible, unique, and potent stuff! The idea of a six hour effect is just amazing — I hope my Honduras cross has 1/2 the potential you’ve found. Thanks for all the work and advice you put into these incredible grows it’s definitely inspiring.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for the smoke report brother!

Sounds like some incredible, unique, and potent stuff! The idea of a six hour effect is just amazing — I hope my Honduras cross has 1/2 the potential you’ve found. Thanks for all the work and advice you put into these incredible grows it’s definitely inspiring.
Just one word "cob it brother"
Its getting stronger by the day by April 1st it will be 3 months aged.
It will just get stronger and stronger its one of those strains that cobbing does something special to.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Just one word "cob it brother"
Its getting stronger by the day by April 1st it will be 3 months aged.
It will just get stronger and stronger its one of those strains that cobbing does something special to.

I need to read up on doing cobs. I have a feeling I'd screw it up somehow and ruin some herb I spent 12-20 weeks flowering. I've been reading your experience with cobbing and it definitely sounds like what I'm looking for. Gotta do some serious research, but hey... I guess I have a LOT of time before these sativas are ready.

I know you documented your cob procedure somewhere... I gotta find that.

Cheers bro! :tiphat: