What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P/K deficiency or...?

S

smixa

Hi guys, I have something to ask because I'm discouraged and confused :(
The leaves of my plants are yellowing (even with spots) and withering, this morning and some of the stems were stony, as if they could not look up ... I will post photos, could you tell me what it could be and how to solve?
The water is regulated (just pH between 5.5 and 6.5), I gave very few biobizz fertilizers, and maybe just a little extra water last week ...
Sorry for my english

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like P & Mg shortage.

Spray with 1/4tsp Epsom salt/gal H2O for Mg.

For P add a bloom fert.

T

Teddybrae

Yes, Magnesium for sure. More water for sure. tell us what you're growing in ... maybe liquids are draining straight thru before the plant can get enuf food.

S

smixa

Thanks for the answers guys :huggg:

Do potato test for Root Aphids.
How can I do it?

What soil is that? How long have your plants been in it. Let's start with the basics
Sorry, 3 Auto OG Kush Dinafem and 1 Auto Critical 2.0, in all biobizz mix, 1 months

Because of low ph...I'd say.
Probably ... I thought 5.5 or 6 was going well, now I'll get it up

Yesterday I watered the plants with P K fertilizers for flowering at PH 6.5, it seems to be better

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I used this chart for soil pH and it hasn't steered me wrong yet. :tiphat: Magnesium gets locked out about 5.8 so you should be okay if you can raise it

soil.jpg

soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think, 6.5 is still too low if you are measuring the irrigation water, because the soil ph gets already lower from using fertilizers. However if you are measuring the run-off water from the pots it should be ok.
But as I re-read your post I would use ph up on the irrigation water up to 7.1 - 7.2 at least for a few waterings. But never overwater!

S

smixa

I think, 6.5 is still too low if you are measuring the irrigation water, because the soil ph gets already lower from using fertilizers. However if you are measuring the run-off water from the pots it should be ok.

The last time I measured the water in the saucer was about 6.5, how much should it be?

packerfan79

Veteran
Hps 250 watt in a 1x1x2m growbox, the next crop will be in a growbox
80x80x160 cm

I think if you get your ph right you should be good. I was always told 5.9 to 6.2 for soil. Now I believe it's better 6.5 to 6.8. What are you using for nutes?

To do the potato test place some slices of uncooked potatoes on top of the soil, check them out every few days. If you have bugs they should be on the potatoes.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The last time I measured the water in the saucer was about 6.5, how much should it be?

I would say, it depends. Depends how long you let the run-off rest there until you measure it and also if the soil is very dry and a lot of water runs quickly through the pot it has not enough contact with the soil to pick up the ions. But this is just logical thinking and you could use your brain sometimes on your own.

S

smixa

I would say, it depends. Depends how long you let the run-off rest there until you measure it and also if the soil is very dry and a lot of water runs quickly through the pot it has not enough contact with the soil to pick up the ions. But this is just logical thinking and you could use your brain sometimes on your own.
Yes, sorry but it's my second experience and I'm insecure and I'm afraid of making mistakes

I think if you get your ph right you should be good. I was always told 5.9 to 6.2 for soil. Now I believe it's better 6.5 to 6.8. What are you using for nutes?

To do the potato test place some slices of uncooked potatoes on top of the soil, check them out every few days. If you have bugs they should be on the potatoes.
I am using biobizz fertilizers, nuts are nutrients, right XD?

packerfan79

Veteran
Yes, sorry but it's my second experience and I'm insecure and I'm afraid of making mistakes

I am using biobizz fertilizers, nuts are nutrients, right XD?

Yeah for the most part nutes are nutes. I hear good things about biobizz. A good grower can get good results with most commercially available nutrients. I just wondered occasionally you get people who insist miracle grow is just fine, and they can't figure out why they are having issues. Lol.

I still have moments of doubt even after 10 years, so don't be to hard on your self .