What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low - Mid pressure (150-160psi) Patio Fogger / Mister for humidity?

p0opstlnksal0t

anyone using one of these 150-160 psi mid pressure patio foggers for humidity in their indoor grow? I currently have 2x 12 disk foggers at about 1.6 gph each. this only raises my rooms humidity from 20% to about 25-30% due to the air flow volume through the room.

Has anyone used the patio fogger setups .5gpm for greater humidification rates on an open/ exhausting indoor room/greenhouse?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21

CrushnYuba

Those low/mid pressure foggers put out large water droplets that don't completely atomize. They leave you with wet surfaces. Fine for cooling a patio but for growing, No Bueno. I won't even use them in my greenhouses for cooling. High pressures work well but they are pretty expensive systems. The pump in the picture looks like a diaphragm pump. They can't do much over 100 psi. You need a knarly pump for high pressure. And the piping to the misters is totally different.

You can use a centrifugal style humidifier. They connect to a water source via water line and put out allot of moisture. Not to expensive

Last edited:

p0opstlnksal0t

Thanks for the heads up brother I looked deeply into the centrifical style humidifiers even the big commercial units are about 1 gallon per hour. I need at minimum six to seven times that amount to get my RH in the forties. Right now my humidification is around 3.2 gallons per hour with the big 12 disc foggers.

I did find a budget 1000 PSI flexible fogger system for sale each nozzle is .015 gallons per minute knowing this I see each nozzle is capable of .9 gallons per hour. A 10 nozzle system would probably be plenty. A 20 nozzle system should be more than adequate for when I double the size of this room.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-055205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-055205_Chrome.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 18

CrushnYuba

That's not a bad price at all for 1000 psi. The 250 psi mid pressure foggers ain't bad if you can get them mounted up high and pretty far away from surfaces so water droplets have time to evaporate. You don't want to put misters right by an intake, because intake air is cold and it won't evaporate as quick.

The centrifugal type ones i am thinking about are like part fan, part centrifugal humidifier like the aquafogs. I have seen 30 gallon per hour units. Not cheap At that size. They can run off tap water and don't clog as easy as high pressure misters. I have used greenhouse Misting fan kits in my greenhouses that were mounted pretty high and didn't use high pressure but still do a good job at evaporation. My experience with them was at like 100f+ so I'm not sure how well they work at lower temps.

p0opstlnksal0t

Dude that aquafog set up looks titties. Way simpler than the high pressure fogger setup and appears to be a lot more reliable I'm going to have to look more into that 30 gallon per hour aquafog I think that is exactly what I need

p0opstlnksal0t

I picked up an aquafog XE 2000 this thing should be plenty with a Max output of 24 gallons per hour humidification with the flow meter I picked. Thanks for the heads up on that thing crushinyuba

CrushnYuba

Let me know how it works out. That unit puts out allot of water. They do a good job atomizing water but it is still a large volume of water for the air to absorb from a single point.
Try to mount it as high and far away from plants as you can. Try not to mount right next to an intake because that Air coming in is cold so it won't absorb moisture as well.

p0opstlnksal0t

The plan will be to mount it in the ceiling blowing the long ways across the room. I will have it set to wear the fan is on continuously and for temporary the water pump will be set to my humidistat which will essentially pump water on as needed to humidify the room. I read in the literature that glow roughly four 2 6 gallons per hour is a very fine atomized fog 8 to 12 gallons per hour is a little bit bigger droplets in the higher output goes to even more so bigger droplets