What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Comparing VapCaps

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I bought a VapCap copy on eBay and I am wondering if anyone else is using either a genuine or copy of a VapCap.

I am not seeing a lot of difference on the main unit. The cap is completely different.

I am going to disassemble it and take some pics in case anyone is interested in the differences. I can see some slight differences in the tooling.

I always find it interesting to look at 'rebrands' and 'copies'. Most of the time they are cheaper or worse in some way (or in many ways). However, now and then you find a feature or even a product that is somehow even better than the original.

I don't think it's against the rules here to discuss rebrands but if it is, Gypsy will just delete it (like he does so many of my posts anyway LOL) and shoot me a message. Thanks

Otherwise, I'll post some pics and we'll see if we can break this thing down to the basics.

I wonder how I can identify the rubber O-rings. I'll bet they don't have markings on them. :(

And, how to tell 305 stainless from 420.

I'll bet the basic dimensions are almost exact.

[World] Peace

NizzyJones

Ohh bummer. There definitely are knock-off Chinese vapcaps on eBay now. The one that someone on FuckCombustion got his hands off is easy to distinguish because the cap doesn't actually click when heated.

Egzoset

Registrar Expiration Date: 2018-10-26

Fingers crossed, so the situation doesn't improve until it's too late...

Too bad there's still Va up and running though.

Latest posts

Latest posts