What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Autoflowering guide for maximum yield

Cvh

Supermod
you can source it on ebay europa if you based inside the EU :)
1 Kilo is about 7-10€ including shipping :)

regards!

Yes. You're correct. Mineral Magic is back!
It's even written on GHE's website. It has a new more concentrated formula.
https://www.eurohydro.com/mineral-magic-is-back

Personally I'm going to continue on with bentonite. I have the same results with it. Mineral Magic is already cheap but bentonite is even much cheaper. Bentonite is also available in regular garden stores in my area.

Mineral Magic is back with a more concentrated formula and a new label.
The tests and analyses we have performed are very positive and even better than the previous version.
Mineral Magic is a basic mineral amendment of natural origin rich in silicium, calcium and magnesium.

Mineral Magic ensures that plants have strong, healthy and more resistant roots against root and aerial pathogens.

Mineral Magic contains silica in the form of silicic acid, an essential element for the structure of the plant.

It stabilizes pH and conductivity levels.
The natural colloids contained in Mineral Magic+ increase the exchange of cations in the nutrient solution and increase the availability of nutrients.
Neutralizes soil acidity thanks to natural carbonates.
Corrects Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies.
Optimizes the use of mineral fertilizers.

APPLICATION
1. At the base of the stems sprinkle 1 teaspoon (around 4g) at the base of each plant.
2. In nutrient solution 4g/10L.
3. By direct powdering of the leaves 10 g to 50g/m2 or by foliar spraying 4g/10L of water.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Yes. You're correct. Mineral Magic is back!
It's even written on GHE's website. It has a new more concentrated formula.
https://www.eurohydro.com/mineral-magic-is-back

Personally I'm going to continue on with bentonite. I have the same results with it. Mineral Magic is already cheap but bentonite is even much cheaper. Bentonite is also available in regular garden stores in my area.

Thanks! Right on, you can go way cheaper with the bentonite! i might look into getting this stuff after i finished my MM :)

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
With my next round of auto flowering seeds I plan to grow them in 10 gallon smart pots. Is this pot size efficient enough to get a great size yield?

OakyJoe

Veteran
Mineral Magic is (or better said was) an organic product from GHE.
It consist of nothing more then a natural clay rich in minerals. Don't let the name fool you.

I tried to source a new batch this year but I got the reply from several suppliers that GHE discontinued the product. They said that GHE is now waiting for the wholesalers to sell off their remaing stock and then releasing a new product. Don't belief me? Try to source it yourself. Not many suppliers still have stock.

One of my mentors pointed out that GHE Mineral Magic is nothing more then Montmorillonite and possibly even just Bentonite.
Just look on the label on the Mineral Magic bottle and compare it to Montmorrillonite/Bentonite.

Montmorillonite:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorillonite

Bentonite:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentonite

You are better of buying a bag of Bentonite (or better Montmorillonite if you can find it). Which is very cheap and should be easy to score in any decent garden supply store.

Google on the use of Montmorrillonite/Bentonite in farming or look on the label of the bags in the garden store.

I looked abit around the local suppliers and found this one delivers inside EU for a very reasonable price!

https://www.duengerexperte.de/bodenverbesserung/bentonit/edasil-bentonit.html

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
#1Cheesebuds, please let me know if you try them 10 gallon grow bags. I'm using 35 and 45 gallon bags. I'm also curious to where the real drop off of production is in bag size per plant. I have one trough that is about 65 to 80 gallons.
I think it's getting a Mazar I Sharif not an auto next season. In my indoor grow room between 7 and 10 gallon grow bags. Watering was the biggest difference. In the greenhouse, root zone size is everything. I have double and single planted many like strains. The double planted bags always have a runt. Single planting is better.
Peace

picalin

Hi!
What do you think about pot's form, especially height? Is it important for yield?
For example, I want to try round and wide but not so tall pot.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
lst darkdevil in autopot coco/perlite 70/30

more pics here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330374

picture.php

picture.php

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
hi Picalin

yes the height of the pot size for autoflowers should be higher than normal pots, that helps to build them one longer main root before getting bounded

maceta-18l_416_1_.jpg

OakyJoe

Veteran
hi Picalin

yes the height of the pot size for autoflowers should be higher than normal pots, that helps to build them one longer main root before getting bounded

View Image

i found these under palmpots... :) they usually higher then normal ones, but i don't know in what sizes they available :)

TrillOG

Been unable to grow for almost 7 years but fast approaching I will be able to do a small grow unlike all my previous ones. As I havnt really been around for a while. I'd just like to ask which are the best auto flowers you've grown and recommend for great taste & if decent yield. Don't mind indica or sativas. Just like great taste. Cheers dude.

I really liked seedsman auto white widow, and auto sour diesel haze. The haze had a better yield the widow had a better flavor. Flash seeds holy man was great in relation to effect, taste wasn't much to write home about.. The Neville's I grew had a great smell and flavor yield, but the potency wasn't that great..

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Love your thread WHIPPED... ive been working on an Auto Grow Guide over the last few days as i keep seeing people struggling to grow good autos even after yrs of them being released... just a lot of misinformation still out there.... then i came across this thread... hope you dont mind me posting up my thread...

SGS

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
no, you are free to use it. altough it is unfinished yet, i am just a little lazy, and have no time to edit some new information. but sooner or later i will write some more things.

there is an other way to maximize autoflowers,
mazarfakar ( automazar x gorilla auto ) reached the top of a 2m high tent... and it is just at halfway in flowering..... :D
View attachment 491320

Hi all, thank you so much for all the information WHIPEDMEAT, and all for on these threat.

Could you tell us who's the breeder of that mazarfakar, please?

I used a few Auto's but never saw one that grow soo big... What about smell, potency...?

I'm also a bit confused about what would be the soil that everyone should use to grow Auto's, I know that it's a bit strain especific and the indoor conditions also play a role on the performance but... I simply wanted great value for the effort applied...

I was planning to do the following for my next auto grow: - I will use 25liter pots, in the bottom I will put 1 ltr of clay pellets, on top I would put some 10 potting soil with a mix of 2 ltrs coco coir/perlite/add some silica water soluble/and some a little dose of Poultry Manure Pellets. On top part of the container I would use 12 ltrs of light mix enriched with a low dose of worm casting and some root Grow Mycorrhizal Fungi.

Or should I simply use a 100% light mix with a lose dose let's say 10% of all the addons above stated, using the clay pellets also?

Would that work, should I use clays, limes, rock dust,gypsum, molasses, kelp meal, mustard seed meal, leucene hay, the list seems overwhelming ... There's so many stuff. And advises as I've attached in these reply... Other thing that gets me thinking is that all those add ons, or raise or lower the pH... What's the he best not to f#ck it? And witch tools are the most precise to check the pH of the soil? I've already bought a pen to check the pH of my water... I'm sorry for any bad English.

Bless you all, peace and happy growings. :tiphat:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190807-134514.jpg
    Screenshot_20190807-134514.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
hello, that giant was in a hydroponic top feed system with claypebbles fed with ghe floranova base nutrients

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
don t do it, until you are not familiar how to grow autos, supersoilmixes can be "hot"..
go with light medium for the first few runs