What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No more fines for less then 10g in ZH

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a couple of days ago the newspapers announced no more fines in kanton Zürich for anyone carrying less then 10g of cannabis, or hash i guess.

:woohoo:

about bloody time....

Keine Bussen für weniger als 10g im Kanton Zürich ab ein paar Tage.

:woohoo:
:bongsmi:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
growing is still illegal. unless you are growing cbd strains with less then 1%thc, those have been allowed for a while now, it's actually booming, everyone is getting in on the cbd weed thing, to the point where real weed is getting a bit scarcer again lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so if you are smoking the weed you still can get a fine, but if you are just carrying it and its not over 10g its ignored by the cops.

we have 1 guy to thank for this policy change, he was fined for a 0.5g weed and a 0.1g hash. he took it all the way to the highest court where he got it dismissed. after that the cops in the German speaking area basically decided the new 10g rule. before this, they could decide and the language was vague, it was like a small amount is ok, opinions differ on what is a small amount so you were never sure how the particular cop saw it. now we have a clear rule. for going out and stuff 10g is fine, no need for more. just feel sorry for those in the Tescin, lol. typical federal system each state can make their own decisions on this.

i just hope this isn't the end of the road towards full legalisation here. but it's a good start for sure.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one Gaius,,,,
start of something good and hopefully not the end,,,,s2

nattyroots

It's nice to be able to smell marijuana in the air in Switzerland even if doesn't have THC. I hope that it's a first step towards something grander.

gaiusmarius, do you know who cracked the less that 1%THC threshold and bred a plant that was considered legal by Swiss standards? Were the Swiss the first to do this? I'm vey curious about the history of breeding and how we got where we are.

ps. there is no way to pm here is there, right?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to get full account functions you need to be a member for 1 week with at least 50 posts.

actually i think the low thc stuff was mostly bred in the US and maybe in Spain. there are a few seed banks that went in this direction, by now there seem to be hundreds to chose from. but as i thought, the whole cbd weed crase is slowing down again a bit. many wanted to try it, but most are not sticking with it recreationally.

Latest posts

Latest posts