What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dose med MJ for edables have to be dried

MKGROW

Probably a dumb question but I'm asking for my 76 yo father. He makes "pot cookies" for pain from total shoulder replacement and just ask me if it matters if his pot has to be completely dry b4 making them.
Any input much appreciated
Mahalo

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Simmering in butter or coconut oil, it'll work if not completely dry. It just increases the chance for mold or other plant maladies (mildew, etc.) to be infused, hence having material dry before using. Perhaps rinse well then simmer with the oil.

Cadfael

I think dried buds taste better. More like the taste of the plant rather than "cut grass" or chlorophyll taste of wet buds.

Also don't forget to decarboxylize (sic?) your bud. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and heat your buds in an oven at 170F for 30 minutes. Then make your butter out of this.

You will get a more active/effective cookie. Better for pain. Also I have noticed you can get a longer duration effect with an oatmeal cookie or a peanut butter cookie. And a higher effect with a chocolate chip cookie.

Hope it helps.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I think dried buds taste better. More like the taste of the plant rather than "cut grass" or chlorophyll taste of wet buds.

Also don't forget to decarboxylize (sic?) your bud. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and heat your buds in an oven at 170F for 30 minutes. Then make your butter out of this.

You will get a more active/effective cookie. Better for pain. Also I have noticed you can get a longer duration effect with an oatmeal cookie or a peanut butter cookie. And a higher effect with a chocolate chip cookie.

Hope it helps.

Yup, and use less sugar to prevent over consumption.

MKGROW

Thanks for the replays his cookies taste like crap anyway so a grass taste would be a major improvement lol he's diabetic and makes them w almond flour one savita I think it's called. Either way just wondering if the potency still there un cured.

Cadfael

Took a bag of cookie out to the golf course...when I could still play golf....and a friend golfing with me knew they were medicinal, but they were sooo tasty.

After he ate three (i ballpark about a gram of bud per cookie), I noticed and mentioned he should stop consuming.....He went to work and stared at a wall for 8 hours.

So, good point about using less sugar. :p

Also, I have made medicinials for several 90 year old hip replacement patients. They really don't like the taste of the green, so when they don't notice it, consider it a job well done.

Latest posts

Latest posts