What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First post... brain tumour numbness relief

rjtoby

I just turned 29 and I've got an inoperable brain tumour on my thalamus that has left the right have of my body partially numb with double vision and poor balance.

because of the numbness combined with an old shoulder injury. my shoulder blade sits out of place and my shoulder rotates forward... leaving my uncomfortable and stressed. I've just started physio

i've been taking " phoenix tears " or " rick simpson oil " at night... the oil takes forever to kick in, but it seems to make my shoulder loosen up and i can get some relief.

I should say that i've never really smoked much weed, so im not sure what its like, but what i was wondering, is if i could get more of a body high by vaping? the oil i take is made from a strain called "cannatonic".

if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it.

-Ryan

Gry

Welcome. Good people here.

Subligual works a good deal more quickly for me than eating.
The effect from sublingual seemed to be closer to smoking than eating for me,
though it holds just as long as if it were eaten.
I used wait until I was hurting to consume.
I had it explained to me that this was foolish and that I needed to dose on a regular schedule.
It made a massive difference for me.
I use a bong for break through, a vape just does not get it for me.
Best wishes , gry

Galaxy420

I just turned 29 and I've got an inoperable brain tumour on my thalamus that has left the right have of my body partially numb with double vision and poor balance.

because of the numbness combined with an old shoulder injury. my shoulder blade sits out of place and my shoulder rotates forward... leaving my uncomfortable and stressed. I've just started physio

i've been taking " phoenix tears " or " rick simpson oil " at night... the oil takes forever to kick in, but it seems to make my shoulder loosen up and i can get some relief.

I should say that i've never really smoked much weed, so im not sure what its like, but what i was wondering, is if i could get more of a body high by vaping? the oil i take is made from a strain called "cannatonic".

if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it.

-Ryan

if you get a conduction vaporizer and vaporize a heavy indica it will do the trick. as Gry mentioned too, smoking will give you the body high better but it is smoke so.... if you want to research it check out bubblers to use with high heat vaporizing. the bubble ( bong etc...) will help extract more sedative compounds from the herb or oil you vaporize and it smooths the vapor too....

Galaxy420

forgot to add for your info on treating canacer

Phytocannabinoids in the treatment of cancer
US 20130059018 A1
Abstract
This invention relates to the use of phytocannabinoids, either in an isolated form or in the form of a botanical drug substance (BDS) in the treatment of cancer. Preferably the cancer to be treated is cancer of the prostate, cancer of the breast or cancer of the colon.

sadpanda

rjtoby,
Cannatonic is a high CBD strain (although still does seemingly have a fair bit of THC), and maybe that is what's best for you - lots of CBD, but if you haven't yet you should also try a high THC strain. doesn't hurt to try anyway! (but even if you find THC works best you might find it'll work even better with good doses of CBD). Also you might want to try upping the dose of the CBD oil, as you may simply not be taking enough! and some oils are many many times more potent than others. Best of luck with your fight
See also https://www.google.com/search?q=cannabinoid+%22brain+cancer%22+site%3Anih.gov