What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W Joey Weed Mix & a bagseed - Bio Bucket style

petemoss

Another nice grow, Dream! Too bad about BigBertha going hermi. What are you supposed to do when that happens? Just throw out the hermi or is there some use for it?

#9Dream

Thanks Pete & jtk. The first thing I do with a hermi is pick them out before they open. If there are just too many and it's near the end of flowering then harvest early. You can't taste the naners and can hardly see them in dried bud. Also some strains will hermi for a week and stop, in that case you can finish them. The big plant in my last grow did that. I did get some seeds (only about 20 total out of 350g) and the seeds you get are feminized, however plants from those seeds are more likely to hermi themselves.

#9Dream

Day 63 Harvest

Day 63 Harvest

They have been flushing for almost 2 weeks. Thichomes are mostly cloudy with 10% amber. Time to harvest.

JW3 was very frosty. My guess on her strain, blueberry, apollo, white widow or a blue apollo or blue widow.

JW4 looks awesome. Big fat heavy dense buds. Has to be an AK47 or C99 relative.

JW5 was also frosty but the buds had a lot of leaves. My best guess on this one is Northern Lights.

Here's a look at the final results.

One of the best things about harvest day is the scissors hash. The indica buzz was a sweet change from the sativa dominant strain I've been smoking. I was numb. I'll be back in a couple weeks with a smoke report. Maybe the taste will give me some more clues as to their identity.

Geronimo

Nice look grow man. I would love to know just how the smoke is. I've been looking at his seeds for just about 2 years now.

#9Dream

Smoke Report

Smoke Report

All things considered, its been a pretty good grow. I now have 4 different strains and 4 different kinds of hash to smoke. I didn't get the quantity I hoped, only .7 g/w. I blame the memorial weekend PH drop. But you learn from mistakes.

Here are the bud shots with some vintage High Times as background...

Big Bertha bagseed - This is the one shocked by the PPH drop. The buds stopped filling in and I harvested her early. This is the stickiest one and the buds are firm. Tastes like skunky frootloops.

JW3 - The frostiest and my favorite. A small plant that yielded 17% of the total. Taste starts out tasting like vanilla ice cream followed by a peppery taste. Yummy with a kick.

JW4 - Nice size nugs and yielded more than BB 33%. Has the taste of sweet berries in the back of your throat.

JW5 - The second lowest yielder 22%. Frosty but looser buds. Slight lemony taste.

B

bigbluntbob

congratulations on the great grow. .7g/w ain't bad for a mixture of strains. especially a mixture of unknown strains. how did the bagseed compare, potency wise, with the joey's mix? which plant was the most potent? i've had my eye on the joey's mix for awhile now.

take care,
bob

#9Dream

Thanks Bob.
It’s hard to judge potency, especially with my tolerance level. There isn’t one that’s extra strong or extra weak. The difference comes down to taste and the type of high. As to my recommendation of Joey Weed, the plants were stable and easy to grow. All 3 survived the PH dip unscathed while the bagseed stopped growing and hermied. I’m also pleased with the variety, they have a nice selection of strains at a price that’s hard to beat.

O

OTrizie

Hello there #9Dream,

I'm surprized that no ones mentioned this yet but sound like that 'JW5' is the 'Genius' Pheno of the Apollo 11.

-grow's like a vine or carpet
-lemon smelling buds

What abouts was the flowering time,sorry if I missed it?
Genuis is around 50 days

JW3 deff looks like Blueberry not sure bout the others.

Very nice grow indeed my friend!

Later

OT

#9Dream

Thanks oTrizie. I checked into the Genius pheno and found this quote:
"instead of the fan leaves growing out even one on one side one on the other it forms a zig zag of the stem, and one fan leaf comes out a bit higher then the other, but what seems at closer internodal spaces"
I have noticed the same trait in JW5. Here is a picture of the mom I just took, you can see how the branch bends at each node.
JW5mom.jpg

I grew this plant again in my last grow but gave it more veg time. It still didn't get very tall but it had a lot of side branching.
8D-jw5.jpg

It'san intersting strain. I'll be growing it again soon.

O

OTrizie

#9Dream,

That's the Genuis alright. The Zig-Zag branching pattern is another dead give away. Super Nice. You are very lucky.I Think I'll have to look into picking up some JWMix! Respect!

Later.

OT