What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's your coco mix?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Post your coco mix....

I today prepared the soil for the new cycle... i did like a 50:50=coco:clay pebbles...
is it good? What is your preferred mix?

Moreover i use dry coco. I added to it water with cannazymes, root stymulator, and 4 ml of nutrients in 20 L water @ 5.80 ph

Is it a good idea?

Post your recipe for the best coco mix!!!

M

Mr. Nevermind

Post your recipe for the best coco mix!!!

100% coco for me. Nothing goes in my coco but coco. I dont see the need for perlite or anyhting like that.

botanicare 5kg bricks
house and garden coco A & B
PK 13-14
Grandmas molasses

Nevermind

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
it's my second grow. My first grow was with straight coco. Now i just want to give a try to some pebbles cry, just to learn, to decide.

I hope to ear something from Mojo.

And how big your pots are?
How much molasses do you add?

Feel free to post ANYTHING about your coco recipe.

Last edited:
G

50/50 Coco/Perlite, just like commercial rose growers I know.

I add 1 part worm castings to 4 parts of the mix, plus 1 tblsp per gallon (approx) Fox Farm Fruit and Flower dry fertilizer - I only add the extra because I have buttloads of it I purchased off of a hydro store going out of business. Once I run out - 50/50 Coco/Perlite.

I also fertigate every watering, till the last week, with PBP Bloom Soil, Hydroplex, Molasses, Sensizyme, Hydroguard and Hormex or Superthrive.

I have successfully taken and grown cuttings in straight coco, but I think it holds a lot of water, then dries out very fast... the perlite seems to help stabilize the amount of time between waterings... could just be the superfine coco fibre I'm using...

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
strainwhore said:
50/50 Coco/Perlite, just like commercial rose growers I know.

yeah i did so too because i live in an agricultural comunity and i hear a lot about this.

It's like the basic.

I add 1 part worm castings to 4 parts of the mix,

Strange. I always thought that adding normal soil you would loose the benefit of coco.

Anyone else

Kosmo

in the past:
1st)Coco coir 40%/ Fox Farm Ocean Forest 35%/ Oganic Alive 10%/ Perlite 15%
2nd)Coco coir 60%/ Fox Farm Ocean Forest 40%
3rd)Coco coir 50%/ Perlite 50%
4-6th)Coco coir 100%

Now:
Coco coir 100% Bedding style

Soon:
Coco Slabs on Beds

G

I have used 50 perlite 50 coco, 100% coco coco and hydrotron and now I am using 50% becuz bounce coco and 50% regular becuz coco. I think I had the best results with the coco perlite in large pots. Using coc/perlite in pots smaller than 2 gallons reguires to much watering. The stocks got much larger using an airy mix and required no staking.

Kosmo

gramsci.antonio said:
what's bedding style?
in potted plants, you plant them in pots and place on a tray for the water to drain. bedding style is just potted plants but instead of each plant getting its own pot, all the plants share one bed/tray. Just another way to grow really, been popular for hundreds of years in the rose garden businesses. I perfer bedding style nowadays bc i can put more plants in my space, and the ease of reusing the coco in the beds. iam sure if you did a search here or read a Soma book, u'll find a bucket load of info and facts on beds to read about...
Heres a pic of a coco/perlite bed done by Pico
12245IMG_2619.JPG

And another bed done on another forum
newgrow022.jpg

One more bed, bathroom style lol
p4110237fi7.jpg

need to get a new cam :(
non of the above pics are mine, sorry for the confusion
Peace and Love

Last edited:
G

lol that is some grow bed, nice plants to, souldent be a drainage problem , great idea.

G

100% coco.
I don't use my bathtub for growing though, I like to bathe my dirty self in there...

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% coco

tried it with perlite - just watered more

tried it with silica rock - just watered more

back to all coco

peace, love & coco

rabid

****in' hell, kosmo...sure hope you have another place to take a shower .
Beautiful man...should make flushing a breeze

G

BlindDate said:
The only thing that adding a filler to coco does is reduce the root space for your plants.
Yet, 100% perlite is a hydro medium that has been used for years...