What's new

what type of coco(fine,medium,coarse)

Kosmo

witch ever type you want. :dunno: lol
What type of system you running, Ebb&Flow, Top Drip, Handwatering?
I don't understand... What are u asking for, What peoples personal favorites? Mine is, Fine coco (aka Coco Coir) in Top Drip in Bedding style...

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
....Used to advocate sunleaves piece coir or other chunky type but don't any longer after a battle with fungus gnats....basically the ultra light and airy structure of the medium makes it too easy for gnats to get a foothold....too many easy access points to get a centimeter down or so where they like to do their thing. Also the chunks themselves are the favorite spot of larvae, they leave the finer stuff alone for the most part. The chunks also tend to be the spot where any mold most easily grows.....all around bad for a healthy growroom.

So basically i'd get the fine to medium range....sunleaves "classic" i believe it's called, and botanicare for medium, B'cuzz and Canna for fine (and expensive, cumbersome to carry). The finer stuff tends to get algae, the coarser gets mold. The fine/medium has better, even, instant absorption of whatever ur giving it, and also easier to flush salts.

There are alot of threads in this forum asking the same question if u search, I just replied because I don't think I've yet spread the bad news about the chunky stuff.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you'll need to upgrade your bag size for flowering unless you're running a tight SOG.
1/2 gallon ain't much root-space in coco unless you're watering fairly regular, too.
Botanicare blocks give you the most bang for the buck. Other types have trichoderma species pre-inoculated and mix well @ 1/2-1/4 ratios with the blocks for group inoculation.

Either way, GL!

Peace, Love & Coco