What's new

2000 Coco Closet. House Garden Nutes

mandala

This is my first run in coco after growing in soil for years. So far I am blown away by the results. This closet is my only space to grow right now so thats why wattage is maxed out.

Here are the specs:

Closet Size: 14 square feet (7' long x 2' wide with 9' ceiling)

1000w HPS x 2
Silverstar 8" Hoods
Vortex 8" Exhaust
blowing into Can 66 Filter

10 Hindu Kush X Skunk #1 from the SR71
Cana Coco w/ 25% Fox Farm Chunkey Perlite
House and Garden Coco A-B, plus all additives
5 gallon painters buckets
PH 5.8 Hand watered 1 time per day

two pics spliced together:

and old shot of some SR-71 Purple Kush:

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

PIMPIN BABY! Hell yea cant wait to see this one go! Is that a pic of the hindu kush? UPLOAD THOSE PICS!!!!

mandala

Bigtimer: thanks, more pics to come. the budshot is Purple Kush

Seedbuyer: I am not sure what my EC is, I don't have a meter. I have just been following the HG feed chart, with tap water.

Here is the feed regimen I have followed exactly:

mandala

Day 38 flowering. Gonna take these 9 weeks, so 25 days left.

Coco is awesome. So easy to work with. Roots love it. Thick stems!

I have been feeding the garden 5 gallons per day, 1/2 gallon per bucket. This gives about a gallon runoff every watering (20%). Runoff just gets scooped out of bottom, only takes a couple minutes. I wanna try something similar on 4x4 trays with drains.

G

gdawg

mandala that looks great man. nice for first time coco. that shits so easy compared to soil. ditch the perlite go straight coco, get some cheap 3x3 tubs @ lowes plumb em together over a couple rubbermaids and you'll have a cheap ass drip setup. with the saved money from the tables get a meter and things will really pump. lookin good mandala keep us updated.

G

guest5703

Hell yea bookmarked and I am eating popcorn! House & Garden racks the shit for sure. PEACE

EDIT-Oh I also do not have an EC meter and am PH'ing by hand without a digital meter. I am going by the H&G nutrient chart as well, but in the last few weeks instead of upping the levels of dosages I will be lowering them and flushing with drip clean for the best clear smoke. Can't handle unflushed buds. PEACE BRO

Last edited:
Nice grow mandala, ill be waiting to see what those HS look like going 9 weeks!

How long did you veg/flower your pk and what did you pull off it???

mandala

Thanks for the resposnses. School has been ruling my life lately, so unfortunatly not much time for updates. Will have harvest pics soon though!

coolx

caligreen said:
Hell yea bookmarked and I am eating popcorn! House & Garden racks the shit for sure. PEACE

EDIT-Oh I also do not have an EC meter and am PH'ing by hand without a digital meter. I am going by the H&G nutrient chart as well, but in the last few weeks instead of upping the levels of dosages I will be lowering them and flushing with drip clean for the best clear smoke. Can't handle unflushed buds. PEACE BRO
Flushing with Drip Clean?!!!! Wouldn't do that - that's just for keeping the pipes clean. I'd flush with Clearex and molasses, but let us know what happens.

I use H and G, but I've had to change all their charts - you can't use coco nutes in recirculating coco, you have to use aqua, and then you have to add cal-mag. Good nutes, but really crappy literature. They need to get their shit together.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Nice grow! I was wondering what the benefits of mixing the coco with perlite? Is it just as good to use straight coco or will the perlite give extra O2 to the roots? Another thing I heard is you can't over-water coco. Is this true, and if so is it true when mixed with perlite? Thanks in advance, I am contemplating using coco for one of my grows. It sounds pretty good, so any info is great. Thanks!

TGT

G

guest5703

Flushing with Drip Clean?!!!! Wouldn't do that - that's just for keeping the pipes clean. I'd flush with Clearex and molasses, but let us know what happens.

I use H and G, but I've had to change all their charts - you can't use coco nutes in recirculating coco, you have to use aqua, and then you have to add cal-mag. Good nutes, but really crappy literature. They need to get their shit together.

I guess that makes sense, keeping the pipes clean on hydro. But on coco it is being used to get rid of any salts, like any salts at all so theres never a build up. So I figured why wouldnt it clear and flush a plant like clearex would? Correct me if I am wrong, haven't tried it just thought that's what it was gonna be for.

And as for the chart, mandala said he used the chart all the way through...any problems dude? And I am currently using the chart all the way through, ALTHOUGH my hydro store people tell me they lower there dosages in the last two weeks instead of upping them like it says on the chart. Of course I would do this too and am confused why H&G didn't do a full flush, or actually I know why. Because the drip clean is supposed to be run the whole time there isn't a need for flushing that's what they claim. Never time for salt to build up......I am using cal mag as well as sweet in place of bud XL. The cal mag works fine, and the sweet I just added today so we will seeee.

What's up with some updates mandala! We know you busy bro ;) PEACE

rabid

I keep reading about House and Garden... what's their web address ???

I googled it and got about 87,000 references to some place in Key West where Truman Capote used to live

mandala

Everything was harvested about a week ago and has been drying since then. Final trimming is today, then into brown paper bags for about two days. Weight and more budshots soon.

So far the samples that I have tried have been great. Everything about this Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 seems superior than last run, which was soil w/ Floranova, Floracious, and Sweet. The buds looks fantastic, very healthy appearance. The flavor is amazing, and its barely dried and not cured yet. The smell is super intense, very nice. I’m excited for the final product.

House and Garden nutrients are manufactured in Holland I believe. Their basic coco A&B seems to be very high quality and is more concentrated that canna's. I have been giving my coco mothers nothing but 5ml A and 5ml B, and the love it. I followed the chart for my entire run, with all additives. Never saw any signs of nute burn or deficiency. Always made sure ph was 5.8 and that there was a little runoff. Plants were flushed the last 5 days with ph’d water. Here is the link to their website: http://house-garden.us/

Last edited:
G

guest5703

looks boooomb bro!!! Is that the only shot your leavin us????? Man, if anyone wants to see more H&G in action I am running some cocoas A and B with different additives check it out sometime. PEACE and good work mandala!

Latest posts

Latest posts