What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-Somoz'Iz Pursuit for Premium-

Geezer!! F$%*k me. Love what your doing somoz.

I got a quick question bro!! if ya dont mind
I havent read the whole thread through, kinda skipped a little to get to those final budshots. Ill go bqack and reread after i post!

In the beginning you were using hoods over the lights but then later on through the thread i saw that you were using vertical lighting no hoods at all.
Did you see a benefit in using the bare bulbs against the hoods??
There is so much controversy over vertical lighting but im kinda swaying that way for sure. You save on buying a hood aswell as cooling it so there is an initial saving which does appeal to me.
Regarding the hoods i have heard that they do trap a lot more heat even if cooled and the light reflected into the top of the hood is pretty much lost.

Somoz any of your advice will be appreciated
Keep up the good work bro
Be safe
GL

somoz

Veteran
thanks for poppin in Fred.....hope alls well with ya bud......gonna be layin off the diary for awhile......got too much shniz going on around me to keep up with it but hope you banged out that project of yours.......good luck with it

yeah, there maybe some confusion there Alex......good point

@your question though..........hoods for tables vertical for buckets.......at least that's how i see it workin............cool tubes and fans if you don't wanna use ac.........if you don't mind usin the ac bare bulbs all the way.........just gotta get em big enough so the side lighting will penetrate into the ribs of the plant

a lot of this depends on what medium of growin you choose to use......vertical lighting is dumb imo if your runnin tables but is great for buckets and coli's, cages, etc.........do a search on here......there's lots of discussion especially in the ol k-man's threads..........

take care y'all..........moz

deadvet

just read through yer thread mate
love the coloring on that fruity loopus one..tastey, but how was the potency? Most purple phenos lack a tad in power...just curious.

i should get out more and see the sites..love ya somo ;)

Heavy Chevy

Damn Somoz I think its safe to say you got some mighty fine plants there and your an inspiration for many of us growers. Keep up the good work!

G

Hi somoz just wanted to say hi, not been much around lately and I thourt it would be right to stop in and see what you got going.

Your thread have grown alot, nice plants and good vibe - Thanx for shareing mon, stay safe all right!

Feals good to be bakc between the growing world again!

Palindrome