What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1' PVC frame tent 420w+180W LED God Bud X GDP DWC

Hey,

Long time hobbyist but this is my first more serious attempt. I have had a lot of fuck ups along the way. Given I was just trying stuff all on my own with almost no guidance (besides my experience on this site way back see the 2006 join date xD)

CURRENT SET UP (work in progress)

4X8X6.5' pvc frame with 3 joint connectors on both the top and bottom frames of each corner. There are vertical pipes connecting each corner and 2 supports opposite one another halfway through the room. I have two T-sections in the vertical frame to allow me to fit in a support beam across to hang the 420w LED (purchased got it from neutron electronics... severely discounted (80% off from 850$ or so on amazon) and a good old 180W apollo horticulture light.

I have limited experience with HPS (I did however get electrocuted from a used 1,000W HPW about 5-6 times walking across the room in my underwear hitting a bunch of exposed wiring.) That said, LEDs are a dream by comparison. Low heat, but given that it's winter it's not a problem at all. It's like running a computer (even has built in fans) instead of a scary high powered light.
Enough about that. So 5 gallon bucket with net pots (hydroton and clay pebbles)for my flower room (lazy, will add some larger reservoirs for some clones) and a 23 gallon rubbermaid DWC for my younger clones and seedlings.

Will add more updated pictures soon.

always_learning

Hey Gorilla , I am still new to the whole indoor growing and DWC but I was amazed at how fast& strong my plants took off once the roots got going, then I decided to finally buy an led from mars hydro and wow what a difference!! I see that your plants look good so far,what brand led do you have? Also Did you find it easier to make your own tent vs buying one? Btw you wont need a bigger bucket for your grow,my last grow witch was my first dwc was in a 5 gallon bucket,I vegged her for 7 weeks and flowered for 8 weeks before I had to cut her a tad early due to overwhelming odor lol! Yielded almost 12 oz dry using only a 400 watt hps but temps were a bitch so I decided to try led and damn glad I did at least for vegg anyway, Ttyl PEACE

DemonTrich

Veteran
I see your running god bud?

mine are still in veg w/2 weeks until flip. how do you like them so far? any good phenos to look out for? ive popped 6, hope to get at least 1 or 2. any hermie/balls issues on your GB?

DWC under LED is pretty monstrous combo, a lot of growth and not too much heat (or power.) I find that cranking in as much air through high power pumps makes it a lot easier.

As far as the DIY PVC vs pre-made kit... it's hard to say. It was a TON of work so in the end a readymade tent kit may have been worth it. I do get a lot more customization options with PVC which is nice because you can cut very easily and install connectors, T's etc to make whatever shape you want. If you don't have the time to burn go with a kit, save yourself the heartache of all the bullshit upkeep if you don't make it right (if you don't build the frame right everything sways, light leaks etc)

I'm using Apollo Horticulture 180w and 420w Neutron Labs both off amazon for the cheap.
I did a very long veg (10+ weeks), got the GB from clone and took a while to get going. I have a bunch of other bagseed going that I'm adding to the room this week after I build the other DWC tub.

Pics of my 180W LED Veg room. It's an apollo horticulture 60 LED (mixed spectrum, purplish) under a 8 plant DWC Rubbermaid (13 gallons I believe) Right now one of the net pots is empty so I put something over the hole. Putting a new plant in their later tonight. Keep in mind the color is very different from what it looks like when it's not under purple LED. Recently removed two of the larger plants and put them into a new 6 gallon DWC in my flower room. More pictures later once the lights come on! For my veg nutes I'm using a little bit of superthrive, FoxFarm Big Bloom (bio), a local compost tea (will send name later) for more bio, DynaGrow and a smidge of FloraBloom because some are getting ready to be flowered.

If anyone wants me to color correct the purple looking pictures lemme know and I'll be happy to.

Bagseed sativa (lmk if you know what it is!) on the left in 5 gallon dwc but further from light and earlier along in flowering so not as developed. The rest of the pictures are my beautiful mega bush Grandaddy Purp X God Bud, 4 new additions in a 6 gallon dwc tub with two air stones and a picture of the pvc frame the light hangs on.

For the record I'm no pro, but this is my first serious attempt! I've had several less successful attempts before. I built a little DIY DWC cloner and will post results (if any... may have to rebuild) next time!

Latest posts

Latest posts