What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
NUG RUB FLORAL SCENT TEST

aka WHAT DO THOSE SMELL LIKE, BRO?

To perform this test, i squeezed a lower nug and inhaled deeply, 2-3 times.

SRSS4: Mild, sweet. Not much smell at all
SRSS1: Pine Sol
SRSS3: Pine Sol with Lime
CK2: Green apple with a hint of menthol
RKS: Sweet purple candy
CK3: Margarita

I did not cleanse the nasal palette between each plant, but i did choose fresh fingers to rub.

The SRSS4 may be ready to harvest soon, I havent checked the trichs yet. She's been flowering since July 15, 2 months/8 weeks. I've been flushing her for about 10 days.

The plants in total drink about 4 gallons a day.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey wooly

I do notice with this cross there is a dominant pine aroma. Its Trippy.

Maybe if you want next time keep some coffee beans handy?

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
COFFEE BEANS great idea med man!

I scoped the SRSS#4 @8 weeks and she's mostly cloudly with some clear and some amber bangers. Looks like I can cut her down anytime I want! SweeT!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi wooly

i have noticed for pheno variatipn the crop time on these is usally 50-60ndays tops

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi wooly

thanks for having us bud!

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
chopped srss #4 using med-man method of removing fan and non-sugarys leaf tips. previously I wet trimmed, which is a pain. It'll be great.

Here are the last shots of the girl before she died. She was ready to go.

nug shot no flash:

picture.php

with flash:
picture.php

picture.php

plant shot:
picture.php

buds:
picture.php

I put a conkushian and the rock star skunk into the 600w tent. They're on flush now, and will be chopped in about 5-7 days.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wooly

thanks for the pics homie. they should taste great

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
med-man no problem.

after a day drying, the smell when rubbed on the ssrs#4 is sugary pinesol.

thread lurkers can look forward to a whole bunch of pics next week! I'll check the trichs of the lot of 'em (but especially the silver rock star skunks) at 56 days at chop them at any sign of amber.

as mentioned in other threads, these plants really want to make seeds so if they they are still sexually frustrated at day 56ish, each following day brings the risk of the plants going into beast mode and developing nanners. Its a survival type of thing - them genes want to reproduce!

edit: when trimming, this plant got the gene that allows smaller fan leafs to be snapped of cleanly. With all the different strains I have run, I particularly notice how easy/hard trimming is because its one of the most intense (and risky) parts of the growing process.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Jarred the ssrs#4 nugs today after drying for 6 days. 57% humidity in the jar

Scoped the trichs of the remaining 5 plants, who are all on way 56. They are all clear/cloudy except for a Conkushian, who is amber/clear/cloudy. She's the one that fell over a few days ago from bud weight.... I'll chop her tomorrow or saturday.

Greenlife1

Looks really nice an tasty.
Did really well in that little pot.

I hear you on the wet trimming thing. I do that most of the time, an is good with some but not with others.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
managed to cut down 3 plants last night. here are their final photographs. special hi-res pics!

i got two distinct phenos of Conkushian. One with fat buts, other with thinner foxtails. Both finished under 60 days.

fat pheno:

picture.php

foxtail pheno:

picture.php

picture.php

slab is correct in that the conkushian clones are faster growing than the moms.

the rock star kush is a very pretty plant with dark purple leaves.

picture.php

Last edited:
I think med man's under rated Imo. Pretty decent genetics and 40 a pack and yet swerve can run around with more bananas than a jungle and charge 100 lol. Nice job though.

Slab

Wow, they look great!! The Rock Star Kush you have there is a beauty. Would really like to see how you get on with them all in bigger pots under full hid lighting, they can be capable of some heavy yields.
Hope you enjoy the smoke and they turn out as good as they look.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Wow, they look great!! The Rock Star Kush you have there is a beauty. Would really like to see how you get on with them all in bigger pots under full hid lighting, they can be capable of some heavy yields.
Hope you enjoy the smoke and they turn out as good as they look.

True that! For an initial testing run I'm fine with my setup, but once I find a keeper I'd like to step it up. I'd like to try med man tables for the next run. I have clones of all the plants.

And thank you for posting your grow and experience!

I think med man's under rated Imo. Pretty decent genetics and 40 a pack and yet swerve can run around with more bananas than a jungle and charge 100 lol. Nice job though.
True that. He guarantees a keeper a pack, I'll be able to judge in the coming weeks after the buds dry. I know seedbay/bou is out of most of the strains I'm running!

croptober question about smell

updated smell test:

ck 2 - astringent faint pine
ck 3 - lime candy
rks - mellow pine with a bit of funk on
ssrs1 - sweet pine
ssrs3 - citrus jolly rancher

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I think I have 1-2 keepers.

The rock star skunk is a keeper. Very exotic plant. Purple, rock hard nugs.

One of the three silver rock star skunks may be a keeper. After a few weeks in the jar SRSS #1 has the most unpleasant odor I've ever experienced from a cannabis plant.

Skunk / sour milk is how I'd describe it when you open the jar. I can only stand the smell for a few moments.

The rock star skunk has rock solid nugs; the SRSS #1 has 3/4 as rock solid I'd gather. Nug structure is good, however no purple like SRSS #4.

SRSS #4 has incredible hybrid vigor, purple buds but the smoke is not as good as #1.

At this point I'm not sure either of the conkushians will make the cut. #2's terpene profile is very similar to the Kali most from MOd I grew out a few years ago.

theres an update for ya

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wooley

that pungency is the real nl#2 that rot smell. very deep

med-man