What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woolybear

Veteran
Here's the newly female rock star skunk.

She's a vigorous plant with big fat indica leaves and excellent length on the side branches.

She's been topped once and I've tied down the top branches to around the height of top of the the plant's second remaining node. Top:

picture.php

Side:

picture.php

Glad she finally decided to drop some pistils on me. Now I have at least one female each of silver rock star skunk, conkushian and rock star skunk.

On the losing side are the headband and silver skunk bx, who revealed banana claws to me today.

I have four plants left in the tent whose sex is undetermined. Stay tuned to find out!

woolybear

Veteran
girl round up

girl round up

2 more females confirmed

The plants in all my of tents are female. Final two revealed themselves today. Tally:

1 Rock Star Kush
2 Conkushian
3 Silver Rock Star Kush

are female. The 2 SRSS are big and bushy.I'll tie them down and take cuts tomorrow.

The SRSS in week two has started bud development in earnest. Got some good stretch on a few branches, about 6" of growth since I tied them down. She shares the 600watt tent with a casey jones which I'll be chopping soon and takes up about half the 4x4' tent.

After casey is gone I can fit one SRSS in there. Plenty of light for everybody!

woolybear

Veteran
The first round cuts from the 2week SRSS are doing great. Recalling medman's rule of four, the clone that rooted first our of the 4 cuts is currently going beast mode in a 16oz cup.

The roots have exploded since I transplanted, the blindingly snow-white growths are covered with tiny hairs, indicative of a happy plant.

I topped 3 of the four 1st round cuts. The other cuts (Conkushian, Rock star kush) haven't rooted yet.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey woolybear

nice method! :)

plants look very happy.

med-man

Phatlewtz

SubD for this one wooly....you are a few weeks ahead off me on a few strains I got going...will watch yours to see if any surprises pop up

Slab

Hey Wooly
Nice job your doing. The RSK is looking just like mine after i take the top out. She does seem to want to naturally grow straight up.
I am finding i am getting much better results with my Conkushions once i start running clones from the selected moms, maybe something about them being more mature by then as they are fairly slow from seed in my experience so far.

Totally enjoying seeing yoiur pics and watching the grow develop.

woolybear

Veteran
totally cool slab! thanks for posting the picture of your other conkushian.

we're having another dang heatwave so I've just been running the flouros during the hottest time. I have a new 4' 2x 54watt T5 HO light in the main tent, and a pair of CFLs in the flower tent. The flower tent needs more juice.

The two latest silver rock star kush girls are monsters. I haven't tied them down yet... they will be great yielders. Decent amount of stretching in comparison to the RKS. Flower development is way ahead of the conkushians.

The rock star kush looks to have stopped stretching. She's responded great to the training.

woolybear

Veteran
day 17/26 update

day 17/26 update

comparison of two silver rock star skunks:

picture.php

close up of srss #4 from earlier:

picture.php

the left srss. check out how i tied town the two main branches:

picture.php

main tent flowering:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Changes from before:

The double 17/26 SRSS tent is setup as drain to waste. The plants sit 1/2 off the bottom.

Other tent flowers are indivdual containers set 1/2" off the bottom as well.

Feeding House & Garden Cocos at around 600ppm. My schedule is a few days each of 100% strength, 50%, and around 0%. Feeding Jack's bloom booster 1x a week at 700ppm.

Greenlife1

Hey Wooly,
Things are looking real nice in there.
What a difference between the 17days, and 26. There really moving along.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking really good

you got a good ppm there bud.

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
Looking good. I'm a big fan of house and garden, how do you like it?

I think it's fine so far. Great growth and buds n whatnot, but once I finish the bottles I'm going back to jack's hydro.

With my last white jones grow, i definitely notice a difference in taste compared to the jack's. Not better, but different.

edit: need to brew TEA

woolybear

Veteran
day 32/41 update

day 32/41 update

Things are going well. Lots of plant growth. Buds going strong.

Did a good amount of pruning and cleaning of the plants. Here we go:

SRSS #4. Week 6, lots of pistils on this one:

picture.php

canopy view:

picture.php

SRSS #1 - Day 32. Lots of tops:

picture.php

#1 and #4 together:

picture.php

Other tent:

picture.php

time keeps on ticking.

woolybear

Veteran
Week 7/8 update

Week 7/8 update

Summer is winding down, time to get back on ICMAG!

SRSS #4, end of week 8. Purpling up, chunky slightly bigger than golf ball size. ONLY BUD PICS THIS TIME!

picture.php

Rest of plants are beginning week 7-ish.

Rock Star Kush
picture.php

Conkushian #2
picture.php

Conkushian #3
picture.php