What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial How to Make Full Melt Dry Sift!!! photo essay

I've had a bubble box for years and can't ever get just heads like this even with repeated sifting.

I think your cleaning already super clean keif, theres no way you got that from nug :c
Anyone ever dab fullmelt drysift on ti or quartz?
I think TI makes it taste like garbage.

C

Chamba

I've had a bubble box for years and can't ever get just heads like this even with repeated sifting.

what do you end up with? golden sift but still with lots of stalks? have you tried following Bubbleman's instructions?

bubbleman

Veteran
Juicepuddle did you not see the first photo of the single screened sift? that was from nug ,, i thought it was poor quality personaly and i showed photos of the product.. its the shot with all those capitate stalks in it.. like 20% heads at best.. definitly not something i would consider super clean lol.
maybe you need to just learn a few tips.. a few things that i've noticed where people make mistakes.. is trying to clean to much.> i clean very little at time.. a half gram sometimes. If you try to clean to much at a time it becomes difficult. Also the carding i've notcied to me seems easy but the few friends i've showed recently have had a hard time getting the quality down to pure heads as well.> i've always said it truly is an artform but that doesnt mean anyone can't learn. >Just a matter of fighting those counter intuitive thought that tell you to try to extract the most.. ( big mistake the more contamiant you get the harder it will be to clean properly)and carding to fast or hard.. this will cause friction which will cause heat and this can make the heads harder to extract and clean.
You should be able to get the heads down to 90% at least with the bubblebox and higher if you take time to learn the technique's. Its not the no brainer the bubblebags and water extraction is. Great material in and folllow the instructions and pretty much get killer bubble hash in return everytime with a 99% purity of gland heads.. much much much more difficult to do with dry sift. but doesnt mean it can't be done.
I've dabbed dry sift but personaly like bubble i prefer smoking it in a bowl with my beeline.

Peace
Bubble man

ps thanks gauis much appreciated..

Just super Photo Skillz Bman ! I love your hunger for perfection! Your Attention to detail and drive for the best is truly a rare trait ! I enjoy your passion ,, Thanks for all u do !

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it becomes clear just how awesome bubble bags are when you see that amount of work that goes in to creating such a clean product with dry sifting and carding. still you can't seem to beat dry sift for pure flavor when it's clean enough.

EllieGrows

Veteran
Thanks for sharing bubbleman, I appreciate your attention to detail. Id like to try to use the bigger screens to make some starting material and clean a gram or three at a time for personal use.

C

Chamba

still you can't seem to beat dry sift for pure flavor when it's clean enough.

that's so true, but enough about flavor. Flavor doesn't get you high, to me, it's all about the quality of the high, it's altitude and it's duration. The high from clean dry sift is different than the high from Bubblebag hash made from the same plant. Dry sift high has a "fullness", it seems more "complete" & has a longer duration and the Bubblebag hash usually has a higher "altitude", is "sharper", clearer and the duration slightly shorter...but hey, both are great and a 50/50 mix of Bubble and Dry sift of similar purity is very nice.

bubbleman

Veteran
Well i would add Chamba that flavour ie terpenoids and smells ie terpenes have been known to Modulate the effects of Thc and other cannabinoids. So in a sense they do indeed dry the high ie the quality the altitude and the duration. I find the biggest differences between Dry Sift and wet Wash is the Loss of water soluble terpenes and terpenoids in the water process. However the returns of 10% plus in less than hour at a purity of 99% pure gland heads often sways many towards Wet washing over dry sifting. I think to choose one over the other is a mistake.. why have one when you can have both> I personaly like a 80% bubble mix to a 20% dry sift when i mix. but what i prefer more is hitting my Dry sift 100% pure !!!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i would love to hit that dry sift bman, just don't feel like doing all the sifting hehe. invent some machine to do it man. a robot arm that does the carding for you hehe. how interesting it would be to know how Sam does his tec?

C

Chamba

how interesting it would be to know how Sam does his tec?

good point, but hey, who cares if he wants to keep his big secret, it's threads like this that will advance the knowledge and eventually make it happen...then somewhere, someone who has the knowledge will post it for all to use ..... until then, if purity is your aim, hours work is too hard and you'd be happy with mostly resin heads then (as you probably already know) just work plant material very, very gently so only 10% of the resin is released, then re-sift that 10% over the correct meshes with smaller and smaller openings to purify it with a Bubblebox, a Bubbleman set of four Dry Sifting screens or a Tumble Now machine to a level of purity that makes you go "Wow" when you hit it...it won't be as good as Bubbleman's dry sift but I bet every smoker you lay it on will never forget how good it is!

the set of four dry sifting screens (the top screen is stainless steel) $125
http://www.freshheadies.com/catalog/dry-sift-systems-tumble-now-24/dry-sift-screen-set-67.html

The Bubble Box...the original multi-screen frame box, now only $200
http://www.freshheadies.com/catalog/dry-sift-systems-tumble-now-24/bubble-box-42.html

The Tumble Now..the only dry sifting tumbler with an additional flat 70 micron screen for refining $350
http://www.freshheadies.com/catalog/dry-sift-systems-tumble-now-24/tumble-now-machine-152.html

Happy Hashing!

Last edited:

purple_man

Veteran
good tutorial!

i guess if one would like to reduce the working time (sacrificing a big part of the yield), one could do a real short "pre extraction" like when tumbling budlets and trim in a pollinator. if you let it run for only 20 - 30 sec., you get very little contamination -> this "starting" material would be much easier to clean up. and chamba is spot on, if the glands still hold much moisture they will more readily stick to contaminations and possibly retain them in the "cleaned" sieving.

blessss

meltybubble

Lovely shots an vid bman,nothing like smoking on pure heads,the effect is not easy forgotten and makes you want them clean all the time!
All that vapour makes the clean worth while.
Ive used your bags reversed over a bowl with great results.
Having each size of mesh there makes it easy.

peace.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Thanks bubbel - best thread fore a long time in the hashforum

i have become to lasy when making dry sift, this is just what i needed to see, its time to put on some music and card and card...